Beware of Kiwi.com?

They changed the 2nd leg of our flight to Vienna to play Rapid to leave before the 1st leg arrived.
They got us replacements but it meant going via Malta and Sicily.

This thread had me worried about our Kiwi booked flights to Seville yesterday but to be fair I found them ok. They checked us in and the comms was good. As always though you judge a company by how they treat you when things go wrong.

Anybody noticed the carry on bag allowance seems smaller than normal. Only allowed
1× Personal item
33 × 20 × 25 cm, 5 kg. This is less than the offical Ryanair site?
Yes. Ryanair cabin bags are 40 x 20 x 25.
I had to buy a new one about 3 years ago as they reduced the allowance just after I had bought 3 'Ryanair approved' cabin bags that they no longer allowed. Had to pay extra (about £40 each way) to get one of them on a Ryanair flight. Freaked me out as they couldn't get the card machine to connect at the gate.

Yes. Ryanair cabin bags are 40 x 20 x 25.
I had to buy a new one about 3 years ago as they reduced the allowance just after I had bought 3 'Ryanair approved' cabin bags that they no longer allowed. Had to pay extra (about £40 each way) to get one of them on a Ryanair flight. Freaked me out as they couldn't get the card machine to connect at the gate.
How strict are they?

I'm taking just a rucksack that may be ever so slightly larger than those dimensions.

How strict are they?

I'm taking just a rucksack that may be ever so slightly larger than those dimensions.
They have a cage that they sometimes make passengers put bags into to test but I have only seen them do that about twice out of the last 20 flights.
My sons have respectively a cylindrical Adidas bag and a computer backpack which are probably too big as well , albeit they can be squeezed down , and that have had no issue so far.

They have a cage that they sometimes make passengers put bags into to test but I have only seen them do that about twice out of the last 20 flights.
My sons have respectively a cylindrical Adidas bag and a computer backpack which are probably too big as well , albeit they can be squeezed down , and that have had no issue so far.
I have seen those but I can honestly say I've never seen anyone use them.

It should be ok as it's not a massive bag.

Kiwi are generally fine, resolve any issues I’ve had.
I’m currently waiting on them issuing 2 of my last boarding passes, asked this morning and should get them today. Not concerned.

Here's a question id appreciate help with: ive made a booking througg Kiwi (Ryanair flight) for 4 of us - 2 flights each. Eill I get 8 QR codes for all flights? Should we ALL download the Ryanair app?

Here's a question id appreciate help with: ive made a booking througg Kiwi (Ryanair flight) for 4 of us - 2 flights each. Eill I get 8 QR codes for all flights? Should we ALL download the Ryanair app?

You can screenshot the boarding pass and send it to your mates.

Even if I clicked for kiwi to check me in should I just do it myself on the Ryanair app?

Says check in is open but they haven't checked me in yet.

Even if I clicked for kiwi to check me in should I just do it myself on the Ryanair app?

Says check in is open but they haven't checked me in yet.
Can be up to two hours before flight they can check you in. I wasn’t taking that risk so got them to send the credentials

I had a slight issue this morning, where they had uploaded duplicate boarding passes for myself, instead of one for me and one for my dad.

Phoned them and got through immediately, and had both boarding passes emailed to me there and then, so luckily Kiwi have been fine so far, was a bit worried after reading of some of the issues on here!

I had a slight issue this morning, where they had uploaded duplicate boarding passes for myself, instead of one for me and one for my dad.

Phoned them and got through immediately, and had both boarding passes emailed to me there and then, so luckily Kiwi have been fine so far, was a bit worried after reading of some of the issues on here!
its them holding all the information

who posted that when booking with them we can see our actual bookings with the airline
that will come in handy in future

I’m in the same boat, none of the info works. Going to need to call them back
I got an email from Kiwi with their email address they used + PNR reference code + I tried to add to my Ryanair app but just keeps saying wrong information! When I tried to add it to my Ryanair account on laptop it said it has sent an 8 figure verification code to the email address - any ideas how to resolve

I phone kiwi this morning asked for the credentials of flights, the person was very helpful he said he would email me them, which he did, I received the email with 5 minutes of putting phone down, I've now put them on my Ryanair app, just waiting for them to Check me in but they can't do that until 24hrs of the flights, but at least I've got the tickets on Ryanair app and won't need a print out

Phoned Kiwi and requested the email address that it was booked under, which they sent promptly. Flight didnt check in until this afternoon which they, boarding cards through and added to my wallet. So far so good! Just hope the flights in the rest of the chain are as easy.

A wee update on my booking with Kiwi.

When this thread appeared I was a bit worried as I had booked all our 5 flights through them.

But I must say, everything went really smoothly with them. For our two Easyjet flights, Air Europa and Vueling flights, I was able to go on the airlines website and get the boarding passes myself with the booking reference, for the Ryanair flight, Kiwi checked me in the day before and sent the boarding passes over in plenty of time.

Everything went as planned and I will defo use them again if I ever need to.

Similar experience to post above. I was a bit wary of the boarding passes not coming through in time but we’re all sent through the app, with no issues. Was kept fully up to date with my itinerary throughout the trip and any changes. Ryanair cancelled one of my flights on the way home and but was offered a list of alternative flights to get back home at no extra cost. The app is really helpful and would definitely use them again in future. Just make sure your phone is charged at all times!

Yea agree with the above. All four of our flights booked through Kiwi with Ryanair. All boarding passes sent in plenty of time and worked without complaints or challenges at the airports

Back