Big bad Rangers fans spreading covid narrative has begun on the BBC

Did anyone ask him about recent Palestine or Independence marches?
Pretty obvious that a narrative is being set, not just by the BBC.
It’s up to the individual to take responsibility for themselves on Saturday, social distance, wear masks, whatever, stay safe Bears.
The story is already written so other than turning Saturday into another “you’ve been tangoed” moment for the see you next Tuesdays, it will be big bad Rangers all over again.
Our club need to put out a pre-emptive statement I think

Are there any stats to indicate what, if any, effect there was from the celebrations on title winning day?

I genuinely could count on one hand the amount of Rangers fans I know who aren't going to this at the weekend, and I know for a fact not one who is going has been put off by this nonsense. I reckon the numbers will be mental.

And if any of you are looking in, just know I take great pleasure in the fact that it really annoys you.

It would wind them up so much if all going on Saturday to the square actually just stood in separate groups of 6 :shh:

The tramps tonight at their dump, no social distancing and you just know they wont be wearing masks!
E1N8RcxXMAAUV_f

Last edited:
No but he says this directly -

The doesn't mean I'm complacent," he said. "In fact I want to encourage people to follow the rules tonight, tonight over the weekend, into Monday and then the new rules on Monday.

"And any suggestion that people should gather in groups, or march or parade or anything that breaks rules - please don't do that because Glasgow is at a fragile moment."

Quite clear he is meaning us.
Ah, so if we do George Square on Saturday we're gonna wreck things and overwhelm the NHS but wait til Monday, covid won't bother too much.

Away ye go ya gommy toothed prick leitch.

Glasgow is at a fragile moment?

The queue for the Count House was 200 deep last Saturday afternoon, folk were getting tanked lying in George Sq, and Buchanan Street was rammed

Encouraging folk not to gather? Who stands in a queue for 2 hours to get into a Wetherspoons ffs?

There will be massive outcry and condemnation of anything we do this weekend only for the what a wonderful job the SNP lead recovery out of the pandemic has been when they open things up two days later and how fans will be welcomed for the cup final etc.

They've pretty much put it down to families refusing to stop mixing. Almost hinting at the foreign influx of people who just simply refused to do the social distancing and taking vaccine. From around the Southside area I believe.

Leitch hasn't actually blamed Rangers fans but it won't be long. Humza will be all over it soon as well.

That’s exactly what it is.

The areas seeing a surge of a cases (Moray aside for some reason) had high levels of return travel before India was placed on the red list.

No government can come out and say it, but the Glasgow numbers are rising in an area that has the highest Asian population.

It’s just a fact, but nobody can be grown up enough to state a fact, or accept a fact.

Cases
Cases
Cases
Cases
Cases

Sick and tired of hearing about fucking cases. We have vaccines, the vast majority of vulnerable people have had them, those that don’t as of yet are much lower down the relative risk scale for potentially needing serious treatment.

Just %^*& off and let people live their lives without the incessant micromanagement by a bunch of power hungry arseholes clinging on for dear life to their 5 minutes of fame before they disappear back into the obscurity they came from.
Correct. "Flatten the curve" is now "redefine the curve so people are still terrified enough to listen to what we tell them to do."

We need to remind people that we're talking about fans congregating largely outside here.

The US Center For Disease Control put out a report a few weeks ago saying they reckoned <10% of cases had come from outdoor transmission. That already sounded like good news.

Yesterday, the New York Times reported that this may have been a huge overestimate ...

"In truth, the share of transmission that has occurred outdoors seems to be below 1 percent and may be below 0.1 percent, multiple epidemiologists told me."

Obviously there's going to be crowding on Saturday, so I'm not saying the risk is zero. Not at all. The authorities, if they were realistic, would say "we get it. you're going to gather. please wear a mask if you're not vaccinated. Just at least do that. But go, enjoy yourselves."

But many of them are not realistic. Some of them are just posturing, playing a role. And then some of them are bitter opportunists who are using the pandemic and abusing their power to seed a narrative to batter us with on Sunday and Monday.

Eid
Eid
Eid
Eid
Eid

More danger from this than an outdoor celebration
How dare you...... Tell the truth.
Went through thr roof in India after the last holiday celebrations. Why is telling the truth wrong?
Cases rose here after Xmas. Anyones surprised?

Glasgow is at a fragile moment?

The queue for the Count House was 200 deep last Saturday afternoon, folk were getting tanked lying in George Sq, and Buchanan Street was rammed

Encouraging folk not to gather? Who stands in a queue for 2 hours to get into a Wetherspoons ffs?
Glasgow is at a fragile moment only in that certain supporters of a certain club, including those who work in media and politics, are feeling fragile. Post-fragile in fact. Broken.

This covid virus is fucking amazing isn’t it? It knows what your politics are or what team you support and decides whether to infect and be a super-spreader event or not

The scum showing support for Palestine: that’s ok

scum down at The Stade De Nonce to say goodbye to The LEGO muncher: have a jolly old time

Rangers fans mention parade to Ibrox on trophy day: OH NO YOU DONT YOU DISEASE RIDDLED SUPER SPREADERS YOU’LL KILL US ALL

%^*& NiKKKola, Dumbza Useless the SNP and the fucking mouthpiece dentist who thinks he’s an epidemiologist

Last edited:
Scotland's clinical director, Prof Jason Leitch, told BBC Scotland's The Seven that the case rate in Glasgow has been rising for the last five or six days.

He said he was concerned but he was confident Glasgow would still be able to move to level two as hospital admissions, intensive care and mortality remained low.

"The doesn't mean I'm complacent," he said. "In fact I want to encourage people to follow the rules tonight, tonight over the weekend, into Monday and then the new rules on Monday.

"And any suggestion that people should gather in groups, or march or parade or anything that breaks rules - please don't do that because Glasgow is at a fragile moment."

What a crock of sh*te if this was the case then there is no way we should be going in to level 2! That would be irresponsible by the FM if this were true!

Glasgow is at a fragile moment only in that certain supporters of a certain club, including those who work in media and politics, are feeling fragile. Post-fragile in fact. Broken.
So fragile that a gathering of Palestine supporters can gather and rightly or wrongly be aloud (oops meant allowed :rolleyes:) to protest in George Square?

Last edited:
That’s exactly what it is.

The areas seeing a surge of a cases (Moray aside for some reason) had high levels of return travel before India was placed on the red list.

No government can come out and say it, but the Glasgow numbers are rising in an area that has the highest Asian population.

It’s just a fact, but nobody can be grown up enough to state a fact, or accept a fact.
Nah, the Scottish Government and to an extent a good portion of the Scottish people will actively look for any other excuse than the truth. With is sad and pathetic to be honest. Also, it helps absolutely nobody to continue to ignore the true causes.

Same as when they put the whole country into lockdown and refused point blank to accept that the reason there was a massive spike in cases was due to Sturgeon's retarded decision to bring thousands of students back into the cities just as we were getting control of the virus.

A case rate of 58 per 100k is absolutely %^*& all and that's not even the severe cases. They should be worrying about hospital admissions and if they thought they were going to majorly rise then they shouldn't be changing the restrictions in the first place.

Fact is there have been dozens of outdoor gatherings and events now, not a single one of them has resulted in major rises in case numbers.

I think a lot of people didn't treat the virus with the care and thought it required at first, but even I think there is a relentless amount of scaremongering and obsession with control now.

Based on the video + story here, as long as you say "it's socially distanced" and some people are wearing masks, gatherings in George Square are fine.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news...darity-palestine-save-sheikh-jarrah-movement/

Or at least, we'll point this out as the example that was set, when the headlines on Sunday are all "Rangers fans hold super spreader event in George Square - "concerns," "recent spike,"" etc etc. And no, don't accept the logic that our gathering is more of an issue because it's going to vastly outnumber the pro-Palestine protest. It doesn't matter. Public gatherings are either a pandemic concern or they're not. A government that picks and chooses when to show "concern" is abusing its power. If the government and media don't have the energy to criticise a protest of a few hundred people, then they can't suddenly be surprised if thousands then decide to show up for a celebration marking the end of a decade of hell.

To be clear, I'm not saying they should have criticised the protest. The message at this stage from the authorities should be "be safe, remember there are still people getting sick, wear a mask if you're not vaccinated," and that's that. But we're not having this double standard where the pandemic's back on and back off depending on how you feel about the gathering that's currently taking place. We should point this out relentlessly and absolutely ridicule the spectacle of pearl-clutching we're about to see from certain people over our celebrations this weekend. But to hell with them, because we are the people and we're about to remind everyone of that in no uncertain terms.

The super dooper Scottish Government should maybe get their collective fingers out and vaccinate 'the people of Scotland' ?

We had a call for anybody, any age, to get their jag round my way in the North of England yesterday .

Celtic fan I know tells me Leitch’s words are to protect Rangers from if and when there is a spike after this weekend.
”It hasnt been caused by Rangers fans as it was the up the week before”.
He seriously believes the Government are protecting Rangers.
Yes, the SNP Government!

Data. Spike. Cases. Infections. Rate. Variant. Worrying.

All BS to push whatever the narrative of the day is to take away your freedom to live your life.

Here what is true, the only virus in Scotland you need to worry about is the SNP.

See COVID is cool, it understands what gatherings can’t and can pass on the virus

The vaccine has ended Covid as a killer in this country. I get there's a need to continue looking at cases, making sure no variants get into the UK and make sure the vaccine has worked but the time for restrictions is over. Open up the country.

Scotland's clinical director, Prof Jason Leitch, told BBC Scotland's The Seven that the case rate in Glasgow has been rising for the last five or six days.

He said he was concerned but he was confident Glasgow would still be able to move to level two as hospital admissions, intensive care and mortality remained low.

"The doesn't mean I'm complacent," he said. "In fact I want to encourage people to follow the rules tonight, tonight over the weekend, into Monday and then the new rules on Monday.

What a crock of sh*te if this was the case then there is no way we should be going in to level 2! That would be irresponsible by the FM if this were true!
Leitch has made an extremely good living out of the pandemic. It’s not in his interests to speak the truth.

OK mate, we disagree then. I, and many others on this thread, see this as being a message to our fans. If you don't then fair enough but we will have the only parade and gathering that numbers thousands at the weekend.

Maybe I am being cynical but when Glasgow needs to go back to level 3 in a couple of weeks it will all be blamed on those who broke the rules and gathered when they were told they shouldn't.

The scaremongering from the media this past year has been a disgrace. No one is listening anymore, as it is like the boy who cried wolf story. Their words carry no weight anymore.

Colin Mackay started on STV News at 6 as well. Scaremongering in full flow.

I hope this only the beginning.
The Bears are having a party.

I thought McKay's opening piece last night was disgraceful.
Maybe we shouldn’t have allowed over 2.5m people across the country to vote last Thursday if it’s such a big concern.
You make a very valid point and would possibly explain the rise in case numbers over the past few days.
My polling station was bunged and in a building that wasn't particularly suitable if you were trying to comply with Covid restrictions.

There was little or no evidence that the title day celebrations led to any increase in transmissions so there’s even less likelihood of that now, even despite this supposed rise, considering more and more people have been vaccinated since then.

They've pretty much put it down to families refusing to stop mixing. Almost hinting at the foreign influx of people who just simply refused to do the social distancing and taking vaccine. From around the Southside area I believe.

Leitch hasn't actually blamed Rangers fans but it won't be long. Humza will be all over it soon as well.
Bang on cue!!......
185779950_4159225334136443_517414599733753484_n.jpg

Mark my words, the club will be blamed for not doing enough, The fans blamed for spreading Covid.

Meanwhile the SNP government rub their hands after taking their finger out their arse.

Proactive... My arse. Not in their vocabulary.

A designated area should have been set up for the gatherings that will take place. And would have been sorted if it was their beloved. But it will all by our fault and the nonsense will follow for sure.

The sunday papers / media will follow, with out of control gatherings and pictures to set the tone. Yet this is guaranteed to happen when you hear nothing, see blind and blame others aka Humza

Back