Big Boogie

It’s their B team, although called the ‘A’ team. Algeria and someone else have sent a reserve team to the tournament. I can’t remember who.

It’s their B team, although called the ‘A’ team. Algeria and someone else have sent a reserve team to the tournament. I can’t remember who.

not sure either but the other top African nations are there like Egypt, Morocco and Tunisia

A brilliant replacement for Cuellar was big Boogie. Had a bit of everything to his game. Very comfortable on the ball, quick over the ground for a big guy, determined in the tackle great in the air, decent positional sense and hated losing. Also liked a goal. What price this big guy in today's team.

Also the GIF of 'the wink'

59512898-1-B18-4742-807-C-F160-A91-D30-FE.gif

I remember when we signed him the board and my mates were raging as we just sold King Carlos.

The comments were ridiculous "a Charlton reject" etc etc.

He probably had a better career than Carlos with us. Some of those runs and the goals were sublime. My pick was the Stuttgart goal.

My not so happy memories were losing his passport then when he returned we had a difficult game at Aberdeen when he came on and was shunted to RB.

Still overall he was a winner with us.

did he not score something similar against Stuttgart?

My favourite goal.

1.1 after looking second best for the majority of that game.

On another note from that game, Rothem had his best game in a Rangers shirt that night. The less said about that player the better.

Last edited:
Did he not score a cracking header against the tims at Ibrox too ? Or am I cracking up ?

He was also a very good defender. Strong, pacy & when he had 1on1s with attackers you knew you were going to be OK.

Wish he was mid 20s again.

Last edited:
I remember watching us play St mirren away live on Sky, a St Mirren player got flagged offside to which one of the St boo fans shouted next to a mic "Bougherras arse played him oan"

Funny and probably very true at the same time :D

What a player for us though.

Back