Big Borna

I’d take a lot from Gerrard’s “he’s looked ready in training” comment. Reading into comments from Gerrard in the past, that might not have been the case.

Wouldn’t right him off yet, he’s really struggling for confidence and might just take something like that goal and our support actually getting behind him for him to grow into playing for us.

And he could have an absolute shiter and you’d still get the “aye but Croatia” posters defend it.

It’s a myth that he could have a great game etc and still get slaughtered. That’s because it’s yet to happen.
If he has a terrible game people don't defend him, they defend the argument that he is not a good player, because he clearly is, sometimes is just doesn't happen for people at certain clubs for whatever reason.

What you do get is people on here absolutely slating the guy when he hasn't really done anything wrong. I've seen games where, whilst not being spectacular, he has been OK/fine, and we have had much worse on the park, but you find 5 threads on how awful Barisic was.

I'm all for people wanting more from him, I get that, I'm part of that, but some of the criticism is so over the top, but that's what happens when you become a teams whipping boy, it somehow happens at every club.

Hope he plays Thursday, done little wrong and scored a screamer.

He has genuinely never been as bad as made out and the absolute lie that he has ‘the heart of a mouse’ based on him having a few fucking injuries is insidious.

I didn't believe that then and I don't believe it now he made a bad call breaking up the strongest part of our team.

Hamilton away October - Katic was a bomb scare and deserved to get hooked. He did earn to get back in sooner than her did however.

I would say he is our No.1 CB at the moment. Good management of the lad by Gerrard?

In terms of Borna, still not convinced by courage as of yet but i really do hope he proves me wrong.

Borna is a regular starter for Croatia - one of the premier international teams - therefore the ability is there. Given that, why do doubts about him persist? Is it because: a) he lacks the fortitude to cope with the excessive physicality of the SPL, or

b) does he and his family have difficulty settling in Scotland and this in turn is impacting his mentality and therefore his form.

However, I'm not ready to write off Borna just yet, I believe he'll come good and prove a big asset to Rangers

Back