Big Borna

He looks scared when he gets the ball. Was hoping that goal helped his confidence, and he did get better after it but still looks way off.

He looks a shadow of the player he showed in the games against Osijek last season. Every time he gets near the ball he turns back and passes, crying out for him to take his man on and deliver into the box.

He looks scared when he gets the ball. Was hoping that goal helped his confidence, and he did get better after it but still looks way off.

He looks a shadow of the player he showed in the games against Osijek last season. Every time he gets near the ball he turns back and passes, crying out for him to take his man on and deliver into the box.
He doesn’t have the ability to beat a man one-on-one like Tavernier does. He’s nowhere close to being the same athletic build.

Our game plan was to focus our play down the right hand side today. That’s why he kept passing it sideways.

Not Likely I know, but say be starts the old firm and we found ourselves wuth a free kick within range. An old firm goal could be just the confidence that kicks on his career.

I have said from day 1 he is a player, utterly baffled that people want him out, and actually say pretty crap things about one of our own. Really hope some fans start backing our players as they all and we all in every day life go through dips in confidence.

If we win the league by one or two points then his transfer fee then becomes worth every penny as we will get 10 times more minimum in the champions league

He doesn’t have the ability to beat a man one-on-one like Tavernier does. He’s nowhere close to being the same athletic build.

Our game plan was to focus our play down the right hand side today. That’s why he kept passing it sideways.

I don't mean to blow by players with pace, take his man on, buy a yard and get the ball into the box when he can. He probably has the best delivery of all our players but struggles to get himself any time, his first touch is always back, to move the ball on. If he had more confidence he certainly could take on his man. Don't have to be a pacy player take on a defender.

Yes but it was the same at Kilmarnock. That was a dry horrible pitch that the players had difficulty getting the ball to roll. Today was a good well watered bit of grass. He should have been flying.

Cracking goal, got us out a hole!
But.
He didn’t play any better than previous performances for me.

This for me. Bit shit talking the guy down after what he did for us today.

Allowing the cross for their chance though would've undone it. He does look intimidated by everything. Not a Gerrard type, but would love it if he used that goal as a platform to crack on.

Had a better game than most to
day but not at all surprising that the match thread was still loaded with clueless fannies queuing up to get a dig in.

The weirdos probably had mixed emotions during the goal.
Get a grip FFS.
Weirdos and fannies?
Everyone on this forum is entitled to their opinion.
Like it or lump it that’s what a forum is all about.
I was delighted for Barisic in what was an early contender for goal of the season however I thought like most in and around the North stand he was poor.
That said that’s my opinion,others may differ however they are bluenoses with an opinion and not Fannies or weirdos.

Fantastic free kick but still not a reliable left back in my opinion although better than that weirdo Bollingoli that Celtic wasted £3 million on

You’re right, the one time they remotely looked like scoring was the one through Borna’s legs. That’s it. The others weren’t chances.

Brining on a winger to target his side means nothing in the context of a single game – they’d caused no bother down his side at all at that point.

We have different options for different tests! If we wanted a left back with his technical ability and flanno’s tackling we’d be paying £40 million!

You’ve also correctly pointed out that St Mirren targeted fa today other than a draw!

I've been a critic of BB before now
Although I've mostly been in favour of giving him a chance to settle ( my patience has been wearing thin though)

So it's only fair I thank him for today's goal - what a peach - well done Borna

I'm not sure his performance apart from the goal was all that much better than he's had before - but - I really hope it's what's needed to give him more confidence & helps him kick-on to better things

Genuinely thought he played well today.

Didn’t pull up trees but didn’t do much wrong.

Had words with a guy today who was slaying him in the 2nd half for not tackling the St Mirren winger on a 1v1, anyone who knows how to defend knows you don’t commit on a 1v1 unless you’re 100% certain you’ll win the ball.

Thankfully he scored a beaut but some of our fans are not supporters at all.

Borna is a guy lacking confidence. If we can help him find that confidence then we’ve got ourselves a good player.

People like to stick to their opinions and be proved right it's human nature but if you give opinions on players who don't start well then the odd one disproves you over time. When that happens you should be delighted and be big enough to say I got it wrong I hope BB does that to me but I'm still far from convinced-I hope he kicks on clearly he's trying as SG alluded to but I do wonder about his self-belief.
Easy to he negative and call him pish.

We keptva clean sheet and he scored wonnnwr x

His biggest problem is that he hasn’t once shown that rampaging LB in a head bandage in a Rangers shirt that he did against us.

His next problem is that he doesn’t seem to get a run of games. Whether it be rotation or injury. That hasn’t helped him either.

I don’t think he’s ever really been terrible but he’s never really been above 7/10 very much either. Coupled with the fact that he seems to be blessed with a coupon that looks permanently feart and he isn’t Tav he is up against it straight away.

In his defence Tav seemed to play so far forward today he perhaps was under instruction to stay back a bit.

I want him to do well, suspect he’s got the tools to do well but suspect he’ll leave eventually as an enigma.

Conclusion: #bringbackthebandage

Even at the game folk just waiting for him to %^*& up. Tav batters in a fair amount of shite crosses and free kicks, Bb tends to recycle and bring it back out,, also the link up on the right between tav and Arfield today was great but plenty times when bb got the ball jones was well inside and he literally had no wide option , for which folk were moaning at him

His biggest problem is that he hasn’t once shown that rampaging LB in a head bandage in a Rangers shirt that he did against us.
Coupled with the fact that he isn’t Tav he is up against it straight away.

A lot of us forget when he was rampaging down the left wing for Osijek he was up against Tav who lets face it isn't our best defender, might be our best winger.

Borna's obviously a very different player from Tav, more conservative, but probably a better defender, and an international. Needs games and confidence. Hopefully today will help. If he can turn into a Papac we'll all be very happy.

A lot of us forget when he was rampaging down the left wing for Osijek he was up against Tav who lets face it isn't our best defender, might be our best winger.

Borna's obviously a very different player from Tav, more conservative, but probably a better defender, and an international. Needs games and confidence. Hopefully today will help. If he can turn into a Papac we'll all be very happy.
Sorry but we don't have time to wait to develop into a Papac
As stated in my previous post, he was ok today but ask yourself........will the gaffer trust him against the mentally challengeds based on that showing ?

Utter, utter pish
Borna was decent today, like the rest of the team were against a stubborn side. Borna won us the game with a magnificent free kick, let's rejoice and hope he does it next week against the paedos, but I think Flanagan will start WOW.

Great goal from him, what annoys me is I have watched him play for Croatia he’s a different player bombing down the wing crosses working back good defending the game v wales marked Gareth bale out the game yet with us there is something missing, for me he moves forward get by half way line then 9/10 he cunts back back to centre half’s or shagger. Sometimes looks really uncomfortable. Really hope the goal today and celebrations show the fans are still behind him and he just needs a bit more confidence to show us what he can really down!! Outstanding free kick

I have been very critical of his performances but to say he was "utter, utter p!sh" and similar is just plain wrong. A superb free kick and apart from that, a decent if not outstanding performance in a difficult game.

I think he looks really awakened when jockeying or running backwards.

I do worry about him against no neck.

Maybe Flanno is a better option.

Gerrard said: “I think it’s all down to Borna. I see the quality and I see the attributes. He is six foot, in good shape, he has quality, he can run.
“There is nothing stopping Borna in my opinion and if he can find the level he had today I will be a happy man.”

Barisic is a current Croatia International !

Just take that in before slagging him off - perhaps a question of what he is being expected to do or what people fantasise about what they may expect from him.

Let’s not forget that Tav used to constantly be slagged by the boo boys.

I thought Tav was hopeless (defensively)a few years ago. He has improved immensely .

Hopefully today's goal is the confidence boost that BB needs to build his Rangers career. If he can keep improving hopefully he can show why we signed him. Has been bereft of confidence thus far.

He’s a confidence player, I’m willing him to do well, today might make the world of a difference to him. For those of us that were locked in the stadium in Poland, he was put through his paces for maybe 30 minutes after the game, not another player in sight. I believe he wants to be a success with us, I wish him nothing but the best, and what a goal today,

I really don’t know what has happened to Borna. He use to bomb down the wing and put in decent crosses. He is a shadow of his former self.

Borna has bo chance with the Rangers support, the usual suspects have already decided to hate him.
Poor game today? Because he (along with everyone) struggled to do much against 11 men behind the ball.

Gerrard said: “I think it’s all down to Borna. I see the quality and I see the attributes. He is six foot, in good shape, he has quality, he can run.
“There is nothing stopping Borna in my opinion and if he can find the level he had today I will be a happy man.”

and that's all that matters. Gerrard rates him. He previously questioned his attitude and the injuries (along with Grezda and Lafferty who are both now binned) Borna has obviously knuckled down and impressed and is a part of the managers' plans. Amazing that he's still getting grief from some after scoring the winner.

Would help if he had a wide player in front of him who didn’t keep giving the ball away. Jones was very poor today.

Ryan Kent was outstanding last season & covered our left backs all season.

Jones & Kamara didn’t give him that protection at times today, albeit Aribo was pretty good when on that side.

That's simply not true. His first few games with us he was tearing by players & getting crosses in. He looked unstoppable for those matches then he got injured & has struggled since. He's clearly a confidence player & recently he's had barely anything resembling confidence.

There's also something off about how he & Jones (don't) link up that bother me. Rarely do they follow through when Barisic overlaps down the touchline. In fact you can bet your house Jordan turns inside & runs into a wall of opposition more often than not. That needs nipped in the bud if it's intentional. A bit of armchair psychology here but if Borna's quiet & reserved & Jordans the loud, Jack of the lad type, they might not get on too well. Of course, that could be a complete fabrication on my part :))

Back