Big Dunc talks about his disgraceful treatment by the SFA

States there that at the time of the McStay incident he was on parole for a few minor scuffles where he was the last man standing.

Thought one of them was for sticking the head on a police officer? :))

An absolute nothing incident with McStay aswell. Something you have seen a thousand times on a football pitch since it happened.

What is conveniently forgotten is, in the next coming weeks at Ibrox was the Junior Cup Final, live on TV for all to view.

In that Cup Final there was an actual headbutt between 2 of the players.

Was anything done about that?
Did Strathclyde Police (as it was at the time), or the PF get involved in that?

No, Big Dunc was hunted down by those in charge at the SFA, and was found guilty and banned even before the corrupt PF decided they wanted him charged.

States there that at the time of the McStay incident he was on parole for a few minor scuffles where he was the last man standing.

Think I'm right in saying he banjoed a guy on crutches at a Taxi rank in Stirling.

However, what was glossed over was that the guy in question had been mouthing off and abusing Dunc's girlfriend for a good couple of minutes before he finally snapped.

That's Stirling and it's "Wee Town" mentality for you though. He was always a target, even before joining Rangers. I remember Stephen Hendry getting bams trying to pick a fight on the odd occasion he ventured into town.

Think I'm right in saying he banjoed a guy on crutches at a Taxi rank in Stirling.

However, what was glossed over was that the guy in question had been mouthing off and abusing Dunc's girlfriend for a good couple of minutes before he finally snapped.

That's Stirling and it's "Wee Town" mentality for you though. He was always a target, even before joining Rangers. I remember Stephen Hendry getting bams trying to pick a fight on the odd occasion he ventured into town.
Aye that was another one. Think the guy was meant to be a Hearts fan.

Fairly sure all the off field incidents he had were actually prior to signing for Rangers? Don't think he was ever in any bother when with us at all?

It was.

The other one was for battering a guy on crutches who badmouthed his bird at a taxi rank.

I didn't know he played in two of the qualifiers for France 98! What was the story there? Why did he decide to come back after a few years out, and then go into self imposed exile again?

A judge who wisnae a Rangers supporter knew he was on parole for incidents when he was younger guy asked the police to investigate that incident on the park. knowing if he got done for another offence he'd go to prison.
This is the way way they operate and the depths they will sink to.
Scum bastards from top to bottom.

Aye that was another one. Think the guy was meant to be a Hearts fan.

Fairly sure all the off field incidents he had were actually prior to signing for Rangers? Don't think he was ever in any bother when with us at all?

The papers put him on the front page when he was with us because he was at a party where one of his mates pissed on a girl when she was sleeping

Dunc has already left the house before in the incident took place.

I was far too young to really know or understand what had happened.

But for Big Dunc to go on to legendary status at Everton, he could've easily achieved that at Rangers, which was what he wanted I believe to begin with.

From what I've read, shocking how he was treated but no surprise really.

An absolute nothing incident with McStay aswell. Something you have seen a thousand times on a football pitch since it happened.
If the "justice" dished out to Big Duncan was setting an example Zinizine Zidane would have been hung by the neck until dead.
Ferguson was on probation for a previous assault, which was his 3rd assault charge.
1 of his previous 3 charges was headbutting a policeman.
He was jailed solely for that incident.
Ferguson clearly had issues.

What is conveniently forgotten is, in the next coming weeks at Ibrox was the Junior Cup Final, live on TV for all to view.

In that Cup Final there was an actual headbutt between 2 of the players.

Was anything done about that?
Did Strathclyde Police (as it was at the time), or the PF get involved in that?

No, Big Dunc was hunted down by those in charge at the SFA, and was found guilty and banned even before the corrupt PF decided they wanted him charged.

I was about to post the exact same, mate. Nothing happened to the Junior players by the cops or the PF. The anti-Rangers hatred and double standards of the SFA also continue to this day. Lafferty cops a ban for an off the field verbal incident in Belfast, while Montrose players are not even charged for a violent incident in Dublin.

Didn't the SFA try to transfer some ban when he moved to Everton?

Initially on loan - with Durrant.

I didn't know he played in two of the qualifiers for France 98! What was the story there? Why did he decide to come back after a few years out, and then go into self imposed exile again?
I remember him coming back to play the rearranged game against Estonia ( they didn’t turn up for the first game)
It was played in Monaco if I remember correctly and ended 0-0 the scotland support were particularly nasty to a few players don’t know if that figured in with him deciding he’d had enough. I’m sure Ian Ferguson never played again after that game either.

He was treated disgracefully by the SFA and to be honest and was discarded by Rangers who as usual had no backbone to challenge our haters.
Rangers should have used Donald Findlay in his defence it still annoys me they didn’t.

I was far too young to really know or understand what had happened.

But for Big Dunc to go on to legendary status at Everton, he could've easily achieved that at Rangers, which was what he wanted I believe to begin with.

From what I've read, shocking how he was treated but no surprise really.
And why what happened, did....

It was absolutely disgraceful the way he was treated. To serve time for tiny wee headbutt on a pitch. When guys are flying in trying to break peoples legs, grabbing each other by the throat.

McStay and SFA should utterly embarrassed and ashamed of themselves.

I can guarantee you if a Celtic player had done that to McStay we would not have heard a word about it. Red card is all that would've happened.

He was quite right never to play for Scotland again and be in the same area, lobby etc as the people who got him the jail and then tried to punish him again by getting him to serve a 12 game ban. Gutted he never done more for us, gutted he never got to do it for Scotland because he would've been a huge asset for us at that time.

It's things like this, the way Souness was treated, the way Gazza was treated and then ultimately the way the entire club was treated in 2012 that make me wonder how the %^*& Celtic fans can claim there is a conspiracy against THEM!

They constantly cite Jim Farry, who had as big a grudge against Souness as he ever did Fergus McCann as though him being awkward to them is proof, he was awkward to everyone!

It was absolutely disgraceful the way he was treated. To serve time for tiny wee headbutt on a pitch. When guys are flying in trying to break peoples legs, grabbing each other by the throat.

McStay and SFA should utterly embarrassed and ashamed of themselves.

I can guarantee you if a Celtic player had done that to McStay we would not have heard a word about it. Red card is all that would've happened.

He was quite right never to play for Scotland again and be in the same area, lobby etc as the people who got him the jail and then tried to punish him again by getting him to serve a 12 game ban. Gutted he never done more for us, gutted he never got to do it for Scotland because he would've been a huge asset for us at that time.
Just proves how bitter and desperate they were at the time.

Re a Septic player doing the same: seem to remember their right back (foreign I think, don't recall his name now, but I'm sure older Bears out there will) actually assaulting a linesman not long after, and his punishment being no where near Big Dunc's.

I was about to post the exact same, mate. Nothing happened to the Junior players by the cops or the PF. The anti-Rangers hatred and double standards of the SFA also continue to this day. Lafferty cops a ban for an off the field verbal incident in Belfast, while Montrose players are not even charged for a violent incident in Dublin.

Should we be shocked that no punishment of any kind has been forthcoming from the SFA after the court appearance of these two,double standards doesn't even come anywhere near it. Could this be the reason why Lafferty left Killie?

Back