Big Eck on Hagi

Kentbear

I was reading an article on Newsnow Rangers with Eck praising Hagi, he also said "I went to Genk and he was there" that cant be right as Mcleish left them in 2015 and Hagi went in 2019 playing a handful of games??

I was reading an article on Newsnow Rangers with Eck praising Hagi, he also said "I went to Genk and he was there" that cant be right as Mcleish left them in 2015 and Hagi went in 2019 playing a handful of games??

Hagi signed after the Under 21 tourney last summer. Before that he played for his old mans team.

It sounds like a clumsily constructed statement as in he managed Genk so knows the club that Hagi previously played for. I don't think McLeish has ever been particularly eloquent at putting things across. Remember his strikers don't like hitting dead balls quote? There were many more peculiar statements where you could kinda understand the point he was attempting to make, but was failing to make at the same time.

That sounds like he looks not well

I went to watch Eck do a talk in the Mitchell Library with Graham Hunter a few years ago and McLeish didn't seem like the guy I remember from his time with us.

Wasn't just a case of someone mellowing as he got older, he seemed a shadow of himself and was forgetful and generally didn't seem well.

OP didn't include this line from the article:

For his part, McLeish spent a spell at KRC Genk in Belgium while Hagi was a youth player with the club, and he is convinced that he can be a positive influence for the Gers this season.

https://www.ibroxnews.com/2020/09/1...-unselfish-rangers-ace-who-started-v-lincoln/

I went to watch Eck do a talk in the Mitchell Library with Graham Hunter a few years ago and McLeish didn't seem like the guy I remember from his time with us.

Wasn't just a case of someone mellowing as he got older, he seemed a shadow of himself and was forgetful and generally didn't seem well.

The guy you quoted is taking the piss out of stuff like this, Eck has done many interviews etc since and been totally fine, also Graham Hunter is a wank.

The guy you quoted is taking the piss out of stuff like this, Eck has done many interviews etc since and been totally fine, also Graham Hunter is a wank.

Fair enough, I haven’t been on enough to see others saying that about McLeish but I walked away from that night concerned about his health.

You're being generous describing hunter as a wank, I can’t stand the guy but wanted to go see Eck.

Sadly some people lose their confidence as they get older, especially those who were physically imposing and dominant characters who don’t have the bravado to continue a facade of their former youthful self

Sadly some people lose their confidence as they get older, especially those who were physically imposing and dominant characters who don’t have the bravado to continue a facade of their former youthful self

You might well be right mate, it could be I was comparing him to the guy I watched in the dug out and most would seem meek compared to him.

But at the time I did wonder/fear that there was more to it.

Not meaning to be morbid discussing his health in this way or disrespectful to Eck (although some of his teams were hard going I love the guy), I was just passing comment out of concern that’s all.

Back