Big goals you missed in games you were at?

Ricksen

Maybe you went to the lavy, maybe you were at the kiosk, maybe you left early or arrived late.

Miss any big ones?

Maybe you went to the lavy, maybe you were at the kiosk, maybe you left early or arrived late.

Miss any big ones?
Two spring to mind but maybe not described as big goals. Arteta in the 3-3 game at the Piggery and the opening two goals in the 1998 League Cup Final.

Both games due to Parkhead being a shithole.

alex millers screamer against the bogtrotters, just stepped down into stairway from terracing , about to head for exit when it went in, cue the bears going mental

Both goals in the ECWC quarter final against Real Zaragoza in 1967. I was in the queue for the boys gate and missed the first 20 minutes. The next time was the cup replay at Easter Road in 1973. The queue outside was massive and we scored twice in the early minutes. As it transpired, the gates were closed shortly after the second goal with 49,000 inside the ground and many thousands locked outside, including Jimbear. I ended up going for a wander around Edinburgh until the game was over.

Cannigia in the 2-1 league cup final win over them.

I still love that Hartson penalty miss.

Two spring to mind but maybe not described as big goals. Arteta in the 3-3 game at the Piggery and the opening two goals in the 1998 League Cup Final.

Both games due to Parkhead being a shithole.

Same here mate. That fuckin tip was a nightmare to get into. Thank %^*& I won't have to worry about it again.

Richard Gough v them 2-2, had just stepped onto Edminston Drive from the enclosure. Last time I've ever left before FT.

me and my dad sent my wee brother to get the half time pies in just before davie cooper scored that thunderous free kick in the cup final v aberdeen in 1987 i think it was. He still calls me all the so and so’s to this day for him missing that goal.

Lots of supporters along with myself missed big DJ's opener in the 1976 Cup Final as the game kicked off 1 minute early and there were hordes of fans still trying to get in.

I managed to miss Adriano’s goal in the 1-1 with Inter that put us into the last 16 of the CL. Only one I can think of!

Missed Charlie Adams free kick against the scum when he side footed it under the wall, saw it on the tv at the pie stall but would have had a cracking view from my seat in the Copland Rear if I hadn’t been a fat bassa.

When Albertz knocked out Dumberts teeth and won a penalty too.Went for a slash but heard the cheer!Back in time to see the penalty go in though.:D

Lovenkrands in Villarreal

Mental outside police horses fekn chaos

Got in and up the steps just as he scored

In the crush i went straight back down with a load of others

Funnily enough always against the tramps ,Clellands header at the Stydome and Davis in the CIS final at Hampden, went to the toilet for both

Funny one

Leeds away
The old man always said my mother would make him miss goals with an inane question of walk in front of the tv

So we go to my mates to watch it
Mum gave us a run to his house

Anyway plenty of time we get a beer and settle

As the game kicks off the phone goes and it's mum wanting a word with dad
Seems he left the garage door open and when she put the car in then closed the door water came pouring off and she got soaked

You will have guessed the next bit as big mark scored while he was listening to get moan he missed it

Their was no escaping my mother at times

Only one I can think of is going up the stairs as Charlie Miller's first minute goal v Hearts went in. From what I remember it was an otherwise turgid game that finished 1-0.

I'm old enough to remember the 1976 Cup Final. Was in Sommerville Drive waiting to get into Hampden when Big DJ scored the opener. Referee started the game early and that first goal was scored before 3 o'clock. Saw the rest of the goals mind you. The late Bobby McKean was a star man that day.

Scottish cup final v Falkirk. Wee nacho's goal

Went for a pie right on HT and the service was so poor I was still standing waiting when second half kicked off and missed the goal.

The pie was rotten as well. :mad:

Both goals in the ECWC quarter final against Real Zaragoza in 1967. I was in the queue for the boys gate and missed the first 20 minutes. The next time was the cup replay at Easter Road in 1973. The queue outside was massive and we scored twice in the early minutes. As it transpired, the gates were closed shortly after the second goal with 49,000 inside the ground and many thousands locked outside, including Jimbear. I ended up going for a wander around Edinburgh until the game was over.
I was there. Busiest I’ve ever seen Easter Road.

Myself and thousands of others missed the goals against Motherwell in the last game of 1978 season to win the league. Last game of the old Copland Road end.

Missed Graham Roberts' screamer against Motherwell about 1987. Held up in traffic. Same reason for a game at Easter Rd mid 90s. Both times the only goal of the match.
Missed Dale Gordon's first goal at Dunfermline, just after he signed. He had a goal chalked off for offside later, so I counted that one

Stood in the peeing rain for 90+ minutes at Tyncastle, score is nothing each when the ball goes back to our Gk. Barely got to the bottom of the stairs when the roar went up (Hateley I think). My mate was raging.

Lots of supporters along with myself missed big DJ's opener in the 1976 Cup Final as the game kicked off 1 minute early and there were hordes of fans still trying to get in.

I was one of those still outside as well ended up in the North enclosure.

Most tedious cup final ever. Up steps Nacho Novo with a 35 yard screamer to seal a 1-0 win. Only quality in game. I'm in bog, then queueing for coffee. Arse.

The first 3 goals at rugby park when we last won the league.

Same here.

I wasn’t actually at the game but arrived late to the pub just in time to see us celebrating.

I thought we’d just opened the scoring.

Turns out we’d just gone three up!!!

My mate Derek went to the bog just as Hateley scored the first in the 91 title decider.I missed a Kevin Drinkell winner against Motherwell .Didn't know he'd scored until I got home

2008 at the sty first time ever got a ticket for the rear stand, was high up so couldnt see the score board or never noticed it (usually get papped low down near their main stand) - didnt know we were getting beat 1-0, so when we scored the next 2 thought we were on easy street :(

Got into the ground in Villarreal just after we had taken the lead.

Was steaming and had got separated from my dad who had the tickets on him

Like many others, in a misspent youth I missed loads of goals and the odd game because I was pissed.

Can't actually recollect where or when because I was pissed, you see......

Not a goal but missed McGregor penalty save against the tims. Decided to nip to the toilet incase they scored.

Back