Big/good teams out

No matter who we draw, there will be the usual posters who say easy tie.

They will then be on the match thread screaming if we concede a goal, with border line panic attacks.

There are no easy matches in the last 16.

Proud we have achieved this and hopefully we progress.
It’s knock out football. It’s a results only business. any team qualifying with a bit to spare is a fantastic achievement whether that’s 2-0 or 9-7

They will then be on the match thread screaming if we concede a goal, with border line panic attacks.

Easiest tie possible please.

Never touch the match threads as they’re full of throbbers and malcontents .;)

The draw has opened up.
Avoid, Napoli, ManU, & Spurs and we’re in with a shout.

Napoli are out.

Point remains though, the draw is opening up after tonights results.

Only sides left in the competition i'd give us less than 50/50 against are United and Spurs.

No fear of anyone else. No easy ties left at this stage but we have the beating of anyone else.

We can go deep in this tournament.
Very deep.

apart from Kane/Son in the Spurs team, I wouldn't really fear them other than maybe boring us for 90 minutes

their defence is pretty shocking and I expect we'd score goals against them

Young boys must be some outfit to comfortably beat Leverkusen. We really struggled against them when we played them.

I’m a bit sad to see Leicester go out, I hoped to get them next round. They couldn’t care less about the Europa league and I imagine Brenda would have been quite happy being cuffed by us as a GIRUY to the scum fans.

Of the teams left I’ll take Molde, then Young Boys in the quarters, Olympiacos in the semi and a glamour final with Man Utd. I’d maybe settle for Ajax in the final though, as I don’t want to be greedy.

Young boys must be some outfit to comfortably beat Leverkusen. We really struggled against them when we played them.
Leverkusen have regressed significantly, the Danish team we hammered beat YB 3-0 this season.

I thought they were the poorest team in our group, but punished our mistakes which most teams do at this level.

We need a couple of big hitters drawn together and a few lesser teams to open it up even more. We might just get a semi.

If we can avoid the 3 English teams, Roma and Villareal I'd be happy. That said, the only team I'd really be fearful of is Man Utd.

apart from Kane/Son in the Spurs team, I wouldn't really fear them other than maybe boring us for 90 minutes

their defence is pretty shocking and I expect we'd score goals against them

Any 3 from Kane / Son / Bale / Vinicius / Lucas / Lamela would give our defence serious problems.

Spurs were very very professional over the 2 legs in their tie and Ndombele is fit again as well

United the same tbh, they've got their own problems granted, but their frontline would love to play against us.

We've conceded 12 goals in our last 6 European games, folk should bear that in mind when they talk about teams fearing us.

I'll take the worst team in the draw every round thanks

Napoli are out.

Point remains though, the draw is opening up after tonights results.

Only sides left in the competition i'd give us less than 50/50 against are United and Spurs.

No fear of anyone else. No easy ties left at this stage but we have the beating of anyone else.

We can go deep in this tournament.
Very deep.
I'd fancy us v Spurs.

If we can avoid the 3 English teams, Roma and Villareal I'd be happy. That said, the only team I'd really be fearful of is Man Utd.
Spurs and Arsenal would be worse in my opinion. They need this tournament to get CL next season, Man Utd are more focussed on the league. I’d also fancy ourselves against Villarreal and Roma. Ajax, Spurs and Arsenal are the worst to get IMO

No, every team carries danger.
Antwerp were poor at the back, but they came forward dangerously.
Defensively in Europe we are so much better with Ryan Jack in the side.
Get well soon Ryan.

Over last 2 Europa league games we conceded most of any team that went through but scored the most. Olympiakos went through with 4 conceded and 5 scored not saying they have the weakest defence as not all teams played same opposition but perhaps we want a team that gives up chances and concedes goals.

How good is it to have an open unseeded draw? No carve up to guarantee the big league teams progress. Bring on anyone for me we are in bonus territory.

Back