Big Joe Aribo

I think Aribo is a player who does well in a good team with good players around him. He doesn’t strike me as the guy who will stand out and carry a team on his shoulders if they’re playing poorly. And Southampton are a poor team.

I think Aribo is a player who does well in a good team with good players around him. He doesn’t strike me as the guy who will stand out and carry a team on his shoulders if they’re playing poorly. And Southampton are a poor team.
Bang on Clicker. He’s never going to be a player who can dig an average team out of a hole. But playing for us, with the general domination we have in most domestic games, was tailor made for him, even if he drifted in and out of games - skilful players do. And he proved himself in Europe last year. But in a struggling Southampton team? No. Poor career move, probably great fiscal move!

Unpopular opinion but I was happy to see him away.
To an extent I agree he was signed for free gave us a couple of good season and sold for 6m ish - that’s the business model for us.

Good player and it doesn’t look like he has much of a future at Southampton as that’s 3 managers who don’t see him as part of a struggling team.

Aribos not suited to the lower teams In the prem and not good enough for the top teams, would do well enough in Germany or something I reckon

Tillman is the better player, he/s probably contributed more numbers this season than Aribo ever did, numbers is the name of the game isn't it?

We seem to have a hard on for alway bringing players back at Rangers...

He obviously must be showing up horrendously in training to not be considered, or just isn’t fancied by the caretaker manager.

Either way, not getting a game for one of the worst sides in the EPL is pretty damning.

Good player on his day but we’ve moved on.

i couldn’t believe people thought Gerrard was going to knock the Villa job back and were that deluded thinking the only team he’d leave for is Liverpool, were they that deluded to think that liverpool would be looking at taking a manager who’s only job was at spl level?. 99% of players in the spl who has a chance to go to the spl isn’t turning that down, its more than just the money, if you have confidence in your ability then if you perform for even 1 season down there then your going to get a mov e to a better side, testing yourself against the best players week in week out, playing on perfect pitches, if a player done a pro and con list on working out what’s best for them then the only thing on that list that we win on is 9 times out of 10 the club they are going to is smaller in terms of fa n base. anything else then we wont be able to compete with the other club
A sign of how love drunk, star struck and unrealistic people were when it came to Gerrard. Wanting to believe he’d fallen madly in love with us and would only leave for Liverpool. It was always a laughable notion.

Folk on here are more bothered about Aribo getting a game than he will be.

Wages will be a lot higher which was his only consideration.

Desire to play and win wasn’t a huge thing for Aribo.

What a load of made up pish.

Aribo loves playing football, played 57 times for Rangers in his last season + Nigerian games. Think he played the most games of any player in Europe iirc.

He’s not coming back here.

Kamara will be gone hopefully, Bassey gone, Kent going - that’s his pals out.

What a load of made up pish.

Aribo loves playing football, played 57 times for Rangers in his last season + Nigerian games. Think he played the most games of any player in Europe iirc.
Spoke to him about it have you?

Players that love playing football don’t leave Rangers for shite provincial nonentities like Southampton.

Your hero’s a big mercenary who chased the wages and a comfy seat on the bench/in the stands.

I'd have him back here no danger.
He's got the skill and physicality we need and when all our strikers were injured he did a great job up front.

Can I see it?

19048-B0-B-F89-C-4-CAB-99-D3-A42-D992-E0-DD0.gif

We really need guys like Aribo and Patterson to be successful down there.

It undermines any future fees we ask for if there’s no real evidence of our players adapting to that level.
Patterson was doing well but for a few unlucky injuries tbf.

Back