Big possibility of Scottish league losing its only English side

What an indictment of Scottish football if it’s actually more worthwhile staying in the Highland League than going up to League 2.
It’s the same for any club going for promotion.
Generally, they’ll get bigger attendances fighting promotion than they’ll get fighting relegation, still a strong possibility, the following season.

It is eye-wateringly, catastrophically dense that Scotland's 4th football tier is a national league. We hum and haw about the top flight being 10, 12, 16, whatever teams and muck about with governing bodies merging and yet this issue (whose fixing would obviously not alleviate all ills, but still) persists. The notion that clubs from places as distant as Stranraer, Berwick and Inverness should play each other down in such a lowly division amazes me. Germany only has 2 national leagues FFS!
Germany has a 3rd National League (3.Liga) with 5 Regional leagues below.

Reactions: VGM
Up at Langlands near Whitehills, the community trust are raising funds for a community stadium to be built there. Has been said ekfc would move there, as I don't think the k-park in calderglen is suitable to handle matches in professional divisions
Re your last line, there are plenty of stadia in the league as it stands that are unfit for professional football.
Look at Cowdenbeath for example.

Re your last line, there are plenty of stadia in the league as it stands that are unfit for professional football.
Look at Cowdenbeath for example.

Never been so wouldn't know, but South Lanarkshire council own calderglen park, so doubt they'd want a busier entrance with football fans in a family park, especially on a Saturday. Suspect of ek get in then either the stadium build will be accelerated or they may groundshare outside of ek. Just a guess.

BTW Berwick must be absolutely rotten this year because Albion Rovers are dreadful.

Albion Rovers have found some form of late.

09/03 won 1-0 v Stirling Albion, 23/03 won 2-0 v Elgin 26/03 won 1-0 v Cowdenbeath, 30/03 lost 1-0 v Clyde, 06/04 lost 4-0 v Queen's Park, 13/04 drew 1-1 v Peterhead, 20/04 won 3-2 v Edinburgh City.

4 wins, 2 defeats and a draw from their last 7.

Rovers meet Berwick this weekend, anything other than a win for Berwick will see them relegated.

Berwick's recent results from most recent to oldest: 0-5 v Clyde (20/04), 0-3 v Queen's Park (13/04), 0-6 v Annan (06/04), 0-2 v Edinburgh City (30/03), 0-1 v Stirling Albion (23/03), 2-0 v Peterhead (19/03).

It may be but surely the SPFL could help out with this?

Fundamentally there are too many league clubs in Scotland for a country our size.

You could probably just have two tiers of 16 clubs with regionalised non-league football beneath that.

The way it should be, although I'd make it 18 so there's 34 games in a season and no fùcking split.

Have promotion playoffs like in England. Get a higher turnover of clubs with just two rounds of matches a year. Folk might start getting interested again.

A national League with a fixture like Annan v Elgin is just daft.

Albion Rovers have found some form of late.

09/03 won 1-0 v Stirling Albion, 23/03 won 2-0 v Elgin 26/03 won 1-0 v Cowdenbeath, 30/03 lost 1-0 v Clyde, 06/04 lost 4-0 v Queen's Park, 13/04 drew 1-1 v Peterhead, 20/04 won 3-2 v Edinburgh City.

4 wins, 2 defeats and a draw from their last 7.

Rovers meet Berwick this weekend, anything other than a win for Berwick will see them relegated.

Berwick's recent results from most recent to oldest: 0-5 v Clyde (20/04), 0-3 v Queen's Park (13/04), 0-6 v Annan (06/04), 0-2 v Edinburgh City (30/03), 0-1 v Stirling Albion (23/03), 2-0 v Peterhead (19/03).

Suppose it helped getting rid of the previous manager.

I live a few mins from Berwickshire ground. I think they’ll be knackerd finically if they go down.

Back