Big pressure game = Tav blunder as usual.

You say you don't do social media Mr Gerrard but you and your backroom staff must be blinkered if you cant see tavenier needs dropped when the majority of bears online are getting frustrated by his stupid mistakes that are costing us points and games.

Drawing at Hearts is not a disaster of a result as some make out however The captain is an issue.

I won’t be drawn into the debate but he should be dropped - he won’t be dropped - he will cost us the league but hey he scores penalties
Not a disaster but they're a poor team living on past reputations.

Simple fact is the boy is not good enought and never will be,error was making him captain he needs dropped and cant be Davis should be captain

Agree with everything you've said, but i think Ryan Jack would be a better captain for the team.omo.

You say you don't do social media Mr Gerrard but you and your backroom staff must be blinkered if you cant see tavenier needs dropped when the majority of bears online are getting frustrated by his stupid mistakes that are costing us points and games.
I'm sure Gerrard reads Twitter before picking his starting 11.

FFS mate

The frustrating thing is that these mistakes keep happening with Tav. We need to be signing a good alternative RB in January as I am not sure Polster or Flanagan are any better overall.

Keep Tavernier in the starting line up - it is clearly developing Matt Polster into world class right back.

You honestly think anyone takes notice of the abosolute cesspit that is socal media?

Of course someone like Gerrard wouldnt, and rightly so.

I think he’s a cracking player but I’m running out of excuses to defend his points costing blunders.

It’s becoming more frequent

Keep Tavernier in the starting line up - it is clearly developing Matt Polster into world class right back.
And end up dropping more points in the league because of him, no thank you.

We have no idea if Polster is decent as he hasn't had a chance. However if he isn't better defender than our current right back, he should be released and allowed to find his level in football

We had 80+ minutes to win the game,we had far too many passengers who contribute nothing today.
Are we just going to ignore the fact he sold another goal (the only one we conceded in a 1-1 draw) as some other players weren't at their best?

Tav as usual will get absolute tons of abuse while the team didn’t play well.

He’s our captain and provides 20+ goals and assists from right back, something that no other rb is doing in Europe.

He might need dropped for next game and back in but folk on here are saying far to harsh things about him

Form is temporary- Class is permanent
yes you are spot on he has NO class and needs taking out the team he is now a liability big time

Newsflash, this isnt a blip.

he has been like this for the majority of his Rangers career. Last season was the exception.

James Taverniers ego should not take priority over Rangers FC winning silverware.
His form has been shite all season and has cost us again.

Penaltt misses,blunders, wasted passes and crosses.

Time to take a break out of the team for the good of the team.

He's not making it easy for himself. Very poor today and wasteful in possession.

He'll come good again. Get behind him. It's time to stick together.

Reactions: GF7
To everyone saying he wasn’t the only one that played bad, yes you correct but when you’re playing bad as a team or an individual it’s not too unrealistic to look to your Captain for some inspiration. Good teams all over the world do it. Our players turn round and see our Captain a nervous wreck pulling out of tackles and being continually poor.

I like Tav, I Think his positives outweigh his negatives but I think a wee spell on the bench to refocus him might do the world of good.

Yet another game our captain has cost us when the pressure is on when it matters the most he bombs big time anyone who says different is kidding themselves.
Let’s not go overboard, yes we were poor but there is not one of us who doesn’t realise that Tincastle is a hard place to go. We are miles better off than last season and the skankies are even more vulnerable. We will win the league this year

Shouldn't really have been a big pressure game though because Hertz are rank rotten.

We were poor with or without Tav's error. Do agree that he's needing to wisen up though.

Tynecastle, Hampden, Piggery, Bern .......
giphy.gif

He’s our captain and provides 20+ goals and assists from right back, something that no other rb is doing in Europe.

He might need dropped for next game and back in but folk on here are saying far to harsh things about him

Class ffs.

If he was still playing well going forward and creating loads of chances it would be easier to forgive these brainless errors but he isn't, his form this season started badly and has continued to be really poor.

Still, I won't be joining in the chorus demanding he be dropped.

He's lost ALL confidence imo. As soon as he gets the ball his trying to cross it. I can't remember the last time he took someone on. His link up play was crap however in fairness so was everyone else.

From what I can recall that was the third goal this season tav has handed on a plate to the opposition. I don't think any of the other defenders would get away with this and it's understandable that the fans are livid with him yet again. Personally I've never held the opinion that tav should hold the captaincy, currently 2/3 players in the squad I feel do deserve the captains armband!!

I'll stick my neck out here, and I'm aware it's an opinion that won't be popular. For me Tav delivering a fantastic cross or free kick are far too rare an event. I'd hazard a guess that at least 90% of his deliveries are utter dross, either failing to beat the first man or ending up no where near a Gers player. He also far too often tries to cross from deep. The type of cross that is in the main, very easy for a defence to deal with. That's assuming he gets his cross past the man coming to close him down. Which he rarely does. All this was very evident today.

Yes, once in a while we'll get a fanatic cross which leads to a goal or a free kick into the top corner but he's just far too inconsistent IMO and the vast bulk of his deliveries are actually very poor. You add in his unfortunate and regular tendency to make mistakes which cost us goals and he's becoming a luxury we cannot afford.

This isn't hysteria on the back of a poor result. IMO a draw at Tyncastle is no disaster. It was the second half of last season I started to notice this about Tav and it's becoming more and more evident as this season progresses.
Spot on, and needs highlighted. The mistakes I can forgive, but his poor delivery repeatedly is really troubling.

He's lost a yard of pace too, instead of taking a full back on he will stop and put a hopeful cross in from almost the halfway line!

Tav had a great season last season but take away the blunders this season and I think he still hasn't been at it. His attacking play which has previously bailed out his defensive weakness hasnt been good enough. Add in the costly mistakes and it's clear he needs some time out the team.
Before his injury Flanagan was looking decent at LB. When he's fit he's got to start in his natural RB position.

8 assists, 3 goals and at direct fault for three goals conceded this season. In summary, 8 assists. I’ll take that. He was never hitting the high of last season. With him not being anywhere near the high we’re sitting level top. I’ll take that. The best English player of the last 25 years considers him captain. But we know better...

I can't understand why he constantly trys and plays himself out of dangerous situations or trys ridiculous headers/backpasses whilst under major pressure from the opposition.

Suicidal defending just clear your lines and do the basics it's not fucking difficult.

With regards to him being captain material he isn't McGregor, Jack, or Davis should be the candidates for it imo.

He’s costing us goals and pts getting a bit regular now wake up ffs

Drawing at Hearts is not a disaster of a result as some make out however The captain is an issue.

I won’t be drawn into the debate but he should be dropped - he won’t be dropped - he will cost us the league but hey he scores penalties
It is a disaster when you are up against a rank rotten hertz team low in confidence and who's own fans had been dreading facing us today.

We stayed top of the table for 1 game and for me, that's a disaster as it's screaming out we don't have the mentality of winners.

Well I think he needs to buy a RB before he drops him tbh as the others aren’t any better imo.
In fairness given he’s played virtually every game, they’ve not been tested for long enough to determine that. This is knee jerk. He’s as bad as he’s been and we’re still joint top and qualified for the group stages. Perspective required.

Why the %^*& did he just not clear it with his left foot instead of trying to header it? He’s going to be in for a hard time away to Porto on Thursday night if he starts. I’m sure they will be focussing attacks down that side based on his last couple of mistakes.

Let’s not go overboard, yes we were poor but there is not one of us who doesn’t realise that Tincastle is a hard place to go. We are miles better off than last season and the skankies are even more vulnerable. We will win the league this year

We are/where top of the league they where 2nd bottom and playing horrific long ball football we were flying cmon mate that’s not a hard place to go if we have the correct attitude we win no problem but we didn’t Goldson and Tav set the tone.

Or lack of !

Tavernier issue, drop in form this season. His Mind.
He looks like a fish out of water ( maybe he should have moved on to Newcastle or whoever else were interested in the transfer window )

Back