Big test on Sunday

rfcjonnya

All attention now turns to Sunday for me.

This goes without saying but Sunday is a massive test and arguably the biggest test this team has faced this season.

Before when we have had the chance to pile on the pressure on Celtic we have failed miserably. If this team has got what it takes we will win this game at the weekend by hook or by crook.

Just fûcking win Rangers

It is huge, a real test, horrible weather forecast, plastic pitch, horrible team who will try and kick us all over park, however I have a feeling this time it's different we can do this and it will be a big statement, 9 points ahead!!

Totally agree. Over the last few seasons, when we have been poor, it has lasted over a number of games and we have had poor spells.

We were poor tonight. We need to mix it up and come out of the traps flying on Sunday. 3 points are essential.

Yip. If we win on Sunday I will think we will be the team to win the league and that we've made a statement. If we slip I will be like here we go again. Absolutely massive game. Come on rangers

Win this and we give a real indication we’re in it for the long haul and dare I say it, favourites to win the title this season. Drop points and we hand them a route back into it.

Mcgregor

Tavernier
Helander
Goldson
Barisic

Jack
Kamara
Arfield

Kent
Morelos
Hagi

Would be what I would go with.

I’m fairly confident we will go there and scud them. 3-0. Jack, Aribo and Alfredo will be fresh. Helander will be back in. I think we’ll be good to go.

This goes without saying but Sunday is a massive test and arguably the biggest test this team has faced this season.

Before when we have had the chance to pile on the pressure on Celtic we have failed miserably. If this team has got what it takes we will win this game at the weekend by hook or by crook.

Just fûcking win Rangers
A win on Sunday is exactly what we need. We can see they are cracking under the pressure and us winning on Sunday will only intensify the pressure on them. Sunday is a huge test for these players and it's a test that I believe they will pass as all of them really do seem to have the bit between their teeth to be successful this season.

I think tonight will actually help Gerrard with ream selection and team talks.

The team cannot play at that same intensity and he will let them know we need to be on the front foot.

I think from tonight Balogun, Davis, Hagi and Roofe will all drop out.

Helander, Jack, Morelos and either Aribo or Jones to come in.

That shows the strength and depth we have and keeps players on their toes.

Killie away, those words give me the fear after the last 3 seasons.

We must have the correct mentality and drive to win. The players who have been here a few seasons shouldn't need any further motivation.

Not sure we'll see Roofe cause of the surface. Aribo and Alfie in from the start.

Everything has to be left out on that pitch on Sunday.

Must come away with all three points.

After tonight’s exertions, travelling down the M77 will prove to be a test of our mettle and nous. Thus far, we’ve delivered professional performances after our EL matches. If we can get a result on the plastic I’ll be really pleased. If we can put in a similar performance to the run out at Fir Park I’ll be overjoyed.

Assuming nothing goes awry and we can replicate the performance against Murderwell, I’ll be more than quietly confident that we are the real deal this season.

It will be a big test. However, it shouldn't be. After all we've done this should be a proper taking apart game. It won't be though. Focus required but I am more confident in this team than I have been in a Rangers team for ages.

Mcgregor

Tavernier
Helander
Goldson
Barisic

Jack
Kamara
Arfield

Kent
Morelos
Hagi

Would be what I would go with.
I don’t think we’ll play Hagi, I’d expect Barker or Jones to come in. If he’d had more game time it’s the kind of game screaming out for Aribo but would let those hammer throwers near him on that pitch

It really doesn’t matter how we get the win on Sunday. Coming away with 3 points is all that matters.

Just fûcking win Rangers.

Hardest game of the season so far. I know we've played better teams with better players but the venue and the opposition haven't been kind to us in the last few seasons and we've often stumbled there. Also the chance to go 9 points clear and pile some more pressure on Celtic adds a an extra pressure, I think we're handling that part better but it's a tough test

As the ‘great’ :p Tommy Sheridan said at one point if we don’t win ‘It’ll be a disaster it’ll be a catastrophe’ and make all the work we have done this season throwing down the drain.

We must win on Sunday and set the marker, the country full of mentally challengeds and around the world will be watching and hoping and some expecting we drop points.

If we do they laugh in our faces for the third season in a row.

First 20 are vital. Get on top, get the early goal. Don’t let any doubt creep in and go through the gears and dismantle them.

Our midfield really should have no marks like Power chasing shadows.

I‘d also ban any talk of the pitch prior to the game. I think you can talk yourself into making the pitch an excuse before the game even starts.

Just fûcking win Rangers

Its 100% psychological this “biggest test”
and we are not helping by giving it so much respect. Nobody can tell me that Kilmarnock on or off their plastic pitch present a bigger challenge than Willem II, Standard Liège or Galatasaray.
We need to just treat this like we have ale very game so far, a job to do.
Turn up and play our game, we come home with three points. It’s that straight forward.

First 20 are vital. Get on top, get the early goal. Don’t let any doubt creep in and go through the gears and dismantle them.

Our midfield really should have no marks like Power chasing shadows.

I‘d also ban any talk of the pitch prior to the game. I think you can talk yourself into making the pitch an excuse before the game even starts.
Of the three plastic pitches in the League, the Rugby Park surface easily wins the abomination awards. I agree re the middle of the park. We could nullify Lego and Macgregor with good play, so Power and Dicker should on paper be an easier proposition.

Does anyone know who the ref is?

A battle awaits. They will be in our faces and that pitch, well, I won’t say anything else about it.....

Shagger
Tav, Goldson, Helander, Borna
Jack, Kamara, Arfield
Kent Aribo
Morelos,

just f()cking do it Rangers

Of the three plastic pitches in the League, the Rugby Park surface easily wins the abomination awards. I agree re the middle of the park. We could nullify Lego and Macgregor with good play, so Power and Dicker should on paper be an easier proposition.

Does anyone know who the ref is?

Dallas

Its 100% psychological this “biggest test”
and we are not helping by giving it so much respect. Nobody can tell me that Kilmarnock on or off their plastic pitch present a bigger challenge than Willem II, Standard Liège or Galatasaray.
We need to just treat this like we have ale very game so far, a job to do.
Turn up and play our game, we come home with three points. It’s that straight forward.

It is definitely not just psychological.

@Valley Bluenose replied to me with our stats there in the league since we returned to the top flight:

Away: Played 9 / Won: 1 / Draw: 4 / Loss: 4

This includes two defeats in January after the winter break in which we showed up with the same game plan and failed to break them down. And we needed a last minute goal to beat them in the first game of last season.

You’re right. Kilmarnock are not as good as Willem or Galatasary. But those games were more open and suited us. This is a very specific type of challenge on the plastic pitch in which they’ll sit ten men behind the ball. We need to show we can come up with something different to find a way to win.

Last edited:
This will be a test of our title credentials. Win on Sunday and we start to turn the screw on Lennon and makes every game for them a must win, more so than before.

Killie are going to play every trick they know so we need to win the physical battle. On that basis I’d be looking at getting Jack back in the middle. I’d hazard a guess that’s why he didn’t start tonight tbh.

I’d also start Morelos to rag doll their defence.

if ever we needed to start quick and get a couple of early goals, this is it.

If I had to choose between tonight and Sunday - I would pick 3 pts on Sunday. We always struggle on the surface.

Greegsy

Tav
Goldson
Helander
Borna

Jack (or Arfield)
Kamara
Davis (or Arfield)

Aribo
Morelos
Kent

Yes, given some of our recent results there, it’s unquestionably set up for one of the defining moments of the season.

Let’s be candid, if we slip up again we leave ourselves exposed to more questions about bottle and mentality. From both the media and ourselves.

But getting 3 points, by hook or by crook....that will hurt the mentally challengeds. They’ll be looking at this as one of the banana skins for us. They’ll get more twitchy if we come back up the road with 3 points

We have to win. We’re notoriously poor there and slipping up again would ask more questions of our mentality and probably our more doubt in the minds of the players. This coupled with the fact we can put even more pressure on the scum, makes it a big game.

I can never forgive Kilmarnock.

They were never in the game the day they stole ten in a row titles from us. It was such a sucker punch that Ibrox was almost empty when the guys who had served us brilliantly, including Walter came out for acclaim.

Need to freshen it up, some looked tired tonight.
Jones on and even give stewart a run out.
We need players who know the surface , i would leave davis, roofe and defoe out of the starting 11.

Apart from this seasons new signings, most of our squad have played on Killie’s pitch numerous times now.

All this talk of massive test etc, it’s as if some are wanting the team to fail just so they then can have something to complain about. It’s no more a test than Aberdeen away, or Hibs away.

It’s worth noting, we won’t go through the season unbeaten. Calm heads are required.

Last edited:
It's a huge game. Our record there in recent times has been really poor. A great opportunity to put that right on Sunday.

Back