Big test on Sunday

It is definitely not just psychological.

@Valley Bluenose replied to me with our stats there in the league since we returned to the top flight:

Away: Played 9 / Won: 1 / Draw: 4 / Loss: 4

This includes two defeats in January after the winter break in which we showed up with the same game plan and failed to break them down. And we needed a last minute goal to beat them in the first game of last season.

You’re right. Kilmarnock are not as good as Willem or Galatasary. But those games were more open and suited us. This is a very specific type of challenge on the plastic pitch in which they’ll sit ten men behind the ball. We need to show we can come up with something different to find a way to win.
Can remember Boyd saying Killie know exactly how Rangers will set up so they train all week to counter it.

Be clever. Play for free kicks around their box when they sit in. Let Borna have a go at their goal.

First 20 are vital. Get on top, get the early goal. Don’t let any doubt creep in and go through the gears and dismantle them.

Our midfield really should have no marks like Power chasing shadows.

I‘d also ban any talk of the pitch prior to the game. I think you can talk yourself into making the pitch an excuse before the game even starts.
The winning goal is what's vital. Rangers will get it for us all.

Just realized my ulcer hasn't acted up in several weeks. Our great play has great medicinal qualities too.

No excuses. The only thing we need to do is match their desire and we will pump them

All attention now turns to Sunday for me.

This goes without saying but Sunday is a massive test and arguably the biggest test this team has faced this season.

Before when we have had the chance to pile on the pressure on Celtic we have failed miserably. If this team has got what it takes we will win this game at the weekend by hook or by crook.

Just fûcking win Rangers
This is the last of the big questions this team faces.
Winning away at Kilmarnock on their artificial pitch will show we are capable of making 55.
If we collect 3 points it's then a case of holding form and repeating what we have already achieved.

It goes without saying but just win.
ideally, win the same way we have been recently, dominance and no scares at the back. Puts that hoodoo out the way for the rest of the season as well.

We have better players than previously and Killie are no where near as good. We should never be apprehensive on any pitch and I fully expect a routine win.

I fear refereeing more than the surface

Every week its the same:

"biggest game of the season"

We don't half like to set ourselves up for a fall do we. Nothing like undue pressure. Fact is that 3 points here are no more valuable here than anywhere else.

I agree our most important game is always the next one, but we don't always have to actually say it, and ultimately it will not win or lose us the league. It will do little for our finances.

Away vs Celtic. Home to Gala. Even away to Willem was a bigger pressured game and a bigger test.

Yet every game the "this is the biggest game of brigade" comes out. Just seems exhausting.

Last two seasons, defeats at Rugby Park have killed us - both times we were leading.

Sunday's got to be different. Confidence right through out the squad, playing well, winning, options, clean sheets, players fighting for their place in the team, the opportunity to keep our fantastic run going, pull further ahead, apply pressure.

No excuses, get the job done - three points - and get out of there.

Definitely a game for close control players and quick one-two players like Aribo, Hagi and Arfield to be included.

A boring as hell 1-0 win will be more than fine for me.

Out of Sunday and the Europa League it’s Sunday that I want to win most. Same every week. Europa League is a bonus.

A ground and surface we continually struggle at, it would be monumental and psychologically huge if we go there and destroy them, what a message that would send out.

Not too bothered about the destroy part though, as long as we collect the 3 points.

I think it will be one of these games we need to dig out a result. A big test as we have struggled their and defeats have had a big impact on our season. A win could be pivotal in our season and put to rest a few ghosts.

A win is essential to keep the pressure on the scum and load the board with points. I’d even take a “7/10 performance” ;-)

It is huge, a real test, horrible weather forecast, plastic pitch, horrible team who will try and kick us all over park, however I have a feeling this time it's different we can do this and it will be a big statement, 9 points ahead!!
The rain might help as they always have that pitch dry as the Sahara when we come at least we'll be able to zip.thr ball about better if its wet

Only the result matters here i don't care if we are absolutely pish as most games are on that surface.

Sunday is a huge test given that pitch and our recent record there is rotten

Hopefully the players get the 3 points and heap more pressure on the mentally challengeds

We are playing with a lot of confidence. We need to keep winning and Killie are next in the league so 3 points is vital to keep the run going

A difficult game not helped by that pitch+ they seem to read us & stiffle any game plan.
Will happily take a 1 nil just now but love for us to hammer them.

Apart from this seasons new signings, most of our squad have played on Killie’s pitch numerous times now.

All this talk of massive test etc, it’s as if some are wanting the team to fail just so they then can have something to complain about. It’s no more a test than Aberdeen away, or Hibs away.

It’s worth noting, we won’t go through the season unbeaten. Calm heads are required.
I dont think its a massive test personally, but maybe freshen it up.
Were up against broadfoot and burke, players that were not Rangers quality 10- 15 years ago.
There dinosaurs,.

All attention now turns to Sunday for me.

This goes without saying but Sunday is a massive test and arguably the biggest test this team has faced this season.

Before when we have had the chance to pile on the pressure on Celtic we have failed miserably. If this team has got what it takes we will win this game at the weekend by hook or by crook.

Just fûcking win Rangers
it least i dont need to see you seth

This game was the first thing that came to my mind as soon as i woke up. Horrible fixture that we just need to find a way to win.

I can never forgive Kilmarnock.

They were never in the game the day they stole ten in a row titles from us. It was such a sucker punch that Ibrox was almost empty when the guys who had served us brilliantly, including Walter came out for acclaim.

We can’t expect teams to just let us win. Leave that to the tims. Our league titles are earned on the pitch.

Biggest game of the season, time to show we are a different team now and won't drop points against the likes of Killie.

Will be a huge boost both in terms of the lead and the top and psychologically if we can win.

Back