Big Ughelumba

As that shite saying goes "he's a unit"

I really like the guy, confident, fast and the strength to not give a shit who he's up against. I'd play him in midfield or up front if we're short.

The lad has some amount of potential.

I wonder if there is any long term planning for him to move to cb. Given his size, strength, speed and hopefully fulfilled talent he would be a beast.

The lad has some amount of potential.

I wonder if there is any long term planning for him to move to cb. Given his size, strength, speed and hopefully fulfilled talent he would be a beast.
Looks like he can play anywhere across the back line, probably comfy as a 6 as well.

I think when you see a lad of his size, strength and speed, you maybe tend to overlook his ability on the ball, but he’s very comfortable in possession.

Don’t know what I’ve missed but why are we calling him big Ughelumba.

Very much like his no nonsense attitude to clearing his lines.

The nice thing is he gives us a different option to Borna for certain games, lad looks like he’ll be a star

It was the name they gave him. Anyway this is ridiculous and shows how words are taken in the wrong way - usually by idiots, sometimes not.
It must be his personal choice, but it’s definitely not the first time it’s been used this season.

It must be his personal choice, but it’s definitely not the first time it’s been used this season.
I'm into Calvin as a name but I think it's really poor form for clowns to use it as a stick to beat older Rangers fans with. He played really well and he's one of our favourites.

I'm into Calvin as a name but I think it's really poor form for clowns to use it as a stick to beat older Rangers fans with. He played really well and he's one of our favourites.
Don’t worry, no beating on my behalf - I was just a bit confused there, no offence intended.

Sorry too - just the first time I'd seen that name.

As a ridiculous staunch Scottish Protestant the name Calvin means a a lot to me.
I’m just more confused as to why some outlets are going with his birth name, and some with his official name.

Seems very odd.

Sorry too - just the first time I'd seen that name.

As a ridiculous staunch Scottish Protestant the name Calvin means a a lot to me.
Indeed and 'Shirley' is honking patter.

Although I am guilty of calling our svelte and talented as %^*& Finnish midfielder, "The Antrim Glen" so I am not immune to being an arse.

No. They offered him a new contract. He refused and signed for us on a pre contract instead.

Leicester weren't happy at losing him and I think we can all see why.
That is very interesting. I have thought since I first saw him he looks a fair bit more than merely a decent prospect. You can certainly see why Leicester were unhappy at losing him. I am astonished, and very happy, that we could match or come close to their wages. He is a beast of a player physically but can pass, can tackle, but does not dive in to tackles, he moves well and links up with his forward players. Maybe a gem although it is early to judge.
I once thought Kyle Hutton was a prospect :(

Not that long ago folk were wanting Flanagan as first pick!
Since we had a cull in the summer, the squad has improved.
Theres nobody shouting for docherty, murphy, mcrorie, halliday etc now.
Still got barker and stewart who arent good enough.
The squad will have new faces next season as defoe, morelos, barker , stewart and maybe davis will go

As mental as this may sound I would be cashing in on Borna end of this season as this lad can really step up and for sure we can expect 20+ for BB which is a great investment as very soon we will need to start balancing the books and doing what our business model actually calls for, I think we missed the boat on Buffalo. I realise he will return to some form when he gets a goal again however think he wont reach that peak again (especially in Europe).

Will no doubt get shot down for this however more compliment to two great LB's than anything else

He had a great game when he came on, his power suited the tempo of the game and the drenched pitch.

He’s young and will continue to get better, really exciting prospect.

It’s also clear the coaching staff will need to work in his positioning when he doesn’t have the ball - he was caught out a couple of times due to this.

I wouldn’t,

we need back up for every position if we are to be successful in a 60 game season.

Bassey was there to cover Barisic when he went off, who covers Bassey if we sold Barisic
Of he can't make it his shadow would scare the opposition stiff.

At some point our club are going to have to sell someone to balance the books, I love Borna but we need to get used to that fact.

Having such good players in behind the first team is great, long may it continue.

Back