Big Ughelumba

I was confused when he came on but he played really well just like that young lad with the dreadlocks.
Pretty obvious what you meant.
Think a few enjoyed a few after the win. :))

Anyway the other young sub Oluwaseyi Temitope Ayodele-Aribo, looked good as well.

As mental as this may sound I would be cashing in on Borna end of this season as this lad can really step up and for sure we can expect 20+ for BB which is a great investment as very soon we will need to start balancing the books and doing what our business model actually calls for, I think we missed the boat on Buffalo. I realise he will return to some form when he gets a goal again however think he wont reach that peak again (especially in Europe).

Will no doubt get shot down for this however more compliment to two great LB's than anything else
A good euros and we should sell, hes getting to an age where his value will only start to drop.

Delighted for the boy because he took his opportunity to make a big impression when probably a good bit more Rangers fans were watching than an average league match day

I bet they got a shock when they saw how good our sub was. They were probably expecting he was going to be someone they could really target.

He's been very impressive when given a chance and hardly put a foot wrong.

You can tell he's extremely raw but has the attributes for Gerrard and co to mould him into a great player.

As mental as this may sound I would be cashing in on Borna end of this season as this lad can really step up and for sure we can expect 20+ for BB which is a great investment as very soon we will need to start balancing the books and doing what our business model actually calls for, I think we missed the boat on Buffalo. I realise he will return to some form when he gets a goal again however think he wont reach that peak again (especially in Europe).

Will no doubt get shot down for this however more compliment to two great LB's than anything else
We need two LB's.

When Alexander Arnold came into the Liverpool team he was also quite raw but within months was being hailed the best RB in the world. This boy has the attributes to go right to the top. Power, confidence, athleticism, courage and ability. And he's ours!!!!

His potential is enormous, if anything he improved us when he came on. If he can develop his crossing skills to somewhere near the Tav and Borna level he will be the complete package

How we managed to secure his services over English clubs is an outstanding piece of business from our clubs hierarchy

He isfantastic and I love his attitude.

Just wish people would stop with the Shirley patter, its run its course.

My only complaint defensively is he's prone to getting caught under the ball but something the coaching team should be able to iron out if he can learn some crossing tips from Borna and Tav he'll take some stopping

The thing is, training with Borna, learning from Borna, being cheered on by Borna can only be good be great for the boy.

Kevin Thomson speaks very highly of him, said he’s like a sponge and is so keen to learn and develop his game and you can see he loves it here already

I like how his confidence has grown and has no worries with carrying the ball forward. His defensive positioning could improve a bit but that will come with experience.

Early days but this boy has the potential to be a very good player for us, loads of positives in his game. He's a bit raw but power, pace and a decent delivery.

As that shite saying goes "he's a unit"

I really like the guy, confident, fast and the strength to not give a shit who he's up against. I'd play him in midfield or up front if we're short.

Upfront and in midfield?? Based on what exactly? Cause he’s big? FFS.

The guy was great last night but we have enough quality in those positions without pitching players in who are not familiar with the role.

Leave thsee kind of tactics to Popcorn teeth.

Leicester dropped a ball here. Especially after selling chillwell. Their loss is most certainly our gain.

I noticed he got caught once with a diagonal ball and a bit raw like others mention. Those are the only small criticisms I can think of. Every time he got on the ball and drove forward he looked like he could make something happen.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that by next season a lot of us will be calling for him to be first choice full back (and on merit, not because some of us go mental every time the first choice has a bad game). He should get plenty of chances to shine, possibly even in the next few weeks.

I thought he was excellent. They clearly targeted his area and he dealt with everything, even in those conditions. A real threat coming forward with his power and pace as well.

He looked like a rough diamond when he came but his improvement is remarkable in such a short time.

He is an absolute machine, once he is trained up, which may take a couple of years he will develop into some player. Adama Traoare esque in term of physique

He’s more than just physical as well. He seems to have a lovely sharp touch on the ball and likes to get forward. He looks like a very good signing.

He has a lot of potential. Not only is he fantastic from a physical perspective - has pace, size, strength and acceleration - he also has the technical skills to carry the ball forward, win a tackle and win in the air.

He does need work on his positioning, and his concentration does drop from time to time, but that will come with more games. In the meantime, his quickness tends to get him out of a lot of holes that he digs for himself, so it's not a fatal flaw as such.

Rodgers did his level best to talk him out of signing for us once he knew he was leaving.

Thankfully Big Calvin didn't listen.

I realky like what I've seen of him so far. Hopefully he continues to develop for both the club and players benefit. He's also an absolute unit.

Upfront and in midfield?? Based on what exactly? Cause he’s big? FFS.

The guy was great last night but we have enough quality in those positions without pitching players in who are not familiar with the role.

Leave thsee kind of tactics to Popcorn teeth.
wee bit of a hangover this morning or are you normally a grumpy fucker?

Ughelumba was his dad’s surname and he now goes by his mum’s which is Bassey. I’m guessing his legal name is still the former and why UEFA are calling him that.
Confused Sky as well obviously as their match feed was calling him Bassey but then noted that Standard player Ughelumba had been booked in the very next post

Glad this thread appeared. I've been confused for weeks saying "did I miss us signing this guy" or is he academy then not being able to see him on the pitch! Old guy moron loyal.

Early days but he looks excellent. Couple times last night he was caught slightly under the ball but giving the conditions and the fact he's a 20 year old full back, he's always going to make a mistake here or there.

There's not any player in the world at his age that are the complete player.

He's built for Scottish football, that's for sure, an absolute tank.

Forgot that was Calvin’s name and had to open the thread to see who was being talked about.:rolleyes: Well, very impressed by our Ughelumba of course and look forward to seeing more of the young man.

A good option against Scottish hammer throwers, Borna isn't soft but he takes some knocks, nobody is booting Bassey

How has he had time to build up his muscle that much while being a professional footballer?

Back