Big Wes vastly underrated

Couldn't really see how good the second half saves were as I sit in MRC, but every time I thought "This in in" he saved it. Great performance.

Underrated? Not by me. I've constantly said we should be looking for close to £10 million for him.

He's the best keeper in Scotland bar none and Gordon went for £9 million at one point and he's by far and away better than Gordon now and on a par with him when he signed for Sunderland.

When I watched the highlights when I came home last night, I noticed Murty went straight to him after the game.

He also said that he's the best keeper in the league, but everyone knew that already, apart from the zoomers.

For those saying he's poor with the ball at his feet, Martin fired a cannonball of a pass back at chest height back to him last night and he killed it dead without a problem.
He also released Candeias with an inch perfect 70 yard pass.

In the current climate he is worth close to ten million to an English club.

But hopefully he is around for 55,56 & 57.

Some of his close range shot-stopping reminded me of Klos, but Wes is his own man and doing a pretty good job of winning over his doubters. Keep it up big man, you were outstanding last night!!

Yep no arguments from me he’s a superb shot stopper and his distribution is great - cross balls was his down fall but has obviously been working on that aspect and improving.

I hope we can hold onto him for years to come as he will be worth his weight in good to us.

Yes I include myself here, ive not always been convinced by him but I’m finally eating humble pie. The big man is immense and he’s getting better year on year. He is without a doubt the best keeper playing in Scotland

He was brilliant last night. If any other keeper in the land performed as he did last night, we’d never hear the end of it.

It was only recently, Rob McLean (who?) was in all the national press talking up the Aberdeen keeper, Lewis as the best in the land *snigger*

Would like him to be offered a new deal in the summer. Think he is contracted to 2020 but a few years extension at a good wage would mean that if there is interest down south then we can expect a good fee.

Hes been here nearly three seasons now.

Can anybody list many goals he has sold? Cant be many. Guy is top notch.

In today's marke. 7 million minimum.

What is his contract situation? I would be looking to extend it along with windass and Tavs.

He got lucky with the one he spilled at the end but he deserved it for the way he had played for the rest of the game. He's playing well just now.

He is a decent solid keeper, he is not outstanding or world class.
Agree, good one on one short range shot stopper, struggles with long range shots.

Read somewhere we have conceded more goals from shots outside the box than any other team in the SPFL.

I think the way he commands his area has improved over past few years, i think it was a weakness when he first came.

I dont think it would be easy or cheap to find a better keeper.

i'd argue that his "issue" with long range shots has been a combination of

- freak goals that the scorer wouldn't manage if they had another 100 goes
+
- poor defending giving the opposition the space to get the shot off

Don't think he is under rated. There is just a mental contingent on here who don't like him!

If he did leave we would struggle to get better.

He was my MOTM. Extremely concerning how we let Aberdeen in during the last 10 minutes, didn't seem to clear the ball well and lost possession too easily, didn't spoil my enjoyment of an otherwise solid perormance and a deserved win though.

Last edited:
His performance last night was Goramesque, no other word for it.

Do that consistently and he'll move on for as much as Alfredo.

A very good goalkeeper...but still gives me a heart attack when ball is passed to his feet

Thank your lucky stars it's not Gordon you're watching mate.

Wes is excellent with the ball at his feet, it's the way we play, trying to build from the back.

I'm one who really,really under rates him,but tonight I thought he was teriffic.
If he could get his ball distribution sorted out,he'd be really good,I thinko_O

His control and distribution is fantastic, especially for a goalkeeper.

I watched him practicing his goal-kicks in the warmup yesterday, Alnwick barely had to move. They were pin point. The same applies in a game too.

I have always rated him and he is improving all the time. He is the best goalie in the SPL by a long way and pleased he is on a long contract. I think his value will increase significantly over the next 12 months as he proves himself on the European front.

I was very nervous at times last night when he had to deal with pass backs and he had the ball at his feat but overall a superb performance.

We have to accept we’ve been spoiled in the goalkeeper department since 1986 and I think a few fans have unrealistic expectations of Wes as a result.

I’ve said before on here; with our current budget, I think we’d struggle to find a better keeper. Maybe young Kelly or McCrorie will develop and pass him, but for the next year or two at least, we should be hanging onto Foderingham unless we get a sensation offer.

Liverpool need a goalie 20 million please

Had my well reasoned doubts about him when he first signed and for a while thereafter.

He's slowly winning me over as he grows into the jersey

His performance last night was fabulous :D

He was outstanding last night, but far too often this season he's picked the ball out of the net. Not all his fault, but there's been many a time we need a big save that's not been made.

Back