Big wes

As much as I like the big guy I genuinely believe he is not rangers class. Plucked from Swindon town (bloody swindon town) I add.
At best I'd have him as a #2
A club with a history and stature of ours deserves the best who has been or is plying there trade at the highest level either in the English premiership or across Europe.

What say ye.!!!
If only we could find a Woods or a Goram.....

What keeper would you suggest we go for....

And for what its worth, i think he gets beaten too often from distance.

I say you need to wake up and realise this isn’t the late 90s

We can’t attract the type of player we used to, nor can we afford them.

If only we could find a Woods or a Goram.....

What keeper would you suggest we go for....

And for what its worth, i think he gets beaten too often from distance.
If you look to the premiership #2 goalkeepers there is some quality there warming the bench with there arses. Given the promise of being #1 with us and chances to play in Europe cause I think we are an attractive proposition.

If you look to the premiership #2 goalkeepers there is some quality there warming the bench with there arses. Given the promise of being #1 with us and chances to play in Europe cause I think we are an attractive proposition.
So you want a new goalkeeper. Give us names.

You do realise the number 2 keepers are on 30k a week?

I say you need to wake up and realise this isn’t the late 90s

We can’t attract the type of player we used to, nor can we afford them.

I say you need to wake up and realise you're a Rangers supporter.

We can attract a very high calibre of player, and we can afford a very good goalkeeper.

We can attract a very high calibre of player, and we can afford a very good goalkeeper.
That is just not true...... The guy you have quoted is 100% correct with his statement. If you think otherwise you need wake up and smell the coffee.

So as the Q i asked the op.. Who do you suggest to replace Wes?

You go to your wee FPL team transfers, sort it by minutes played & then tell us who the big summer signing's going to be.

No we can’t

Why do we have the likes of Alves who really should be put to pasture along with Kranjkar.

We can’t even offer a fraction of the money that a championship team could offer a player, or the exposure. Which very high calibre of player have we signed in the last 5 years? (OAPs don’t count)

So you want a new goalkeeper. Give us names.

You do realise the number 2 keepers are on 30k a week?

Minimum. We simply can’t match the financial muscle in England anymore. Our best source is wayward types like Tav & hidden gems like Morelos & Candeias then add in boyhood fans like Murphy & Docherty

Think this is massively harsh on Foderingham.

But like every position in the team, if we can upgrade we should!

You go to your wee FPL team transfers, sort it by minutes played & then tell us who the big summer signing's going to be.
Whit are you oan aboot I'm suggesting that there is better goalkeeper out there than fods if you don' think we are an attractive proposition for any player/keeper then you have really set your standards low.

Whit are you oan aboot I'm suggesting that there is better goalkeeper out there than fods if you don' think we are an attractive proposition for any player/keeper then you have really set your standards low.
So f cucking name then or shut the f uck up!!!!

Premiership benchwarmers is what we need according to you - who? I offered you a list of names based on minutes played.

That is just not true...... The guy you have quoted is 100% correct with his statement. If you think otherwise you need wake up and smell the coffee.

So as the Q i asked the op.. Who do you suggest to replace Wes?
No we can’t

Why do we have the likes of Alves who really should be put to pasture along with Kranjkar.

We can’t even offer a fraction of the money that a championship team could offer a player, or the exposure. Which very high calibre of player have we signed in the last 5 years? (OAPs don’t count)

Great work guys........

Premiership benchwarmers is what we need according to you - who? I offered you a list of names based on minutes played.
What' minutes played got to do with it. Let me ask you this we should be looking all the time to strengthen the team and no one should be exempt from criticism and if we can strenghen in the goalkeeping department with a better keeper why shouldn't we. If your not happy with that your a kiddie oan supporter.

What' minutes played got to do with it. Let me ask you this we should be looking all the time to strengthen the team and no one should be exempt from criticism and if we can strenghen in the goalkeeping department with a better keeper why shouldn't we. If your not happy with that your a kiddie oan supporter.
So who is the better keeper you want to bring in... Hope you're not 13 and think DeGea or some shit/

Ffs DeGea. Your fucking mental.
So who are you suggesting that replaces Wes.. Come on tae f uck mate that is about 5 times i have asked you with no goalkeeper response.

And i would suggest bed as you have school in the morning as not that bright if you think my post regards DeGea was real...

So who are you suggesting that replaces Wes.. Come on tae f uck mate that is about 5 times i have asked you with no goalkeeper response.
And I have said to you 5 times I listed out goalkeepers in a previous post. And I don' have to justify my post to you or anyone else. You seem to be quite happy with our lt as it is. And no need to improve our goalkeeping department. So how about this you have your views and I have mine and I will hope we can keep improving in every department and you can just be happy with our lot.

As much as I like the big guy I genuinely believe he is not rangers class. Plucked from Swindon town (bloody swindon town) I add.
A club with a history and stature of ours deserves the best who has been or is plying there trade at the highest level either in the English premiership or across Europe.

What say ye.!!!

He's not brilliant , but he's not as bad as some people think , he should be assisted by better defending !
Just my thoughts .

And i would suggest bed as you have school in the morning as not that bright if you think my post regards DeGea was real...

Just to blow this out the water

3 goalies I looked at
Speroni 25k
Adrian 32k
Robles 62k

And I have said to you 5 times I listed out goalkeepers in a previous post. And I don' have to justify my post to you or anyone else. You seem to be quite happy with our lt as it is. And no need to improve our goalkeeping department. So how about this you have your views and I have mine and I will hope we can keep improving in every department and you can just be happy with our lot.
Ok if the guy Woods post is your choices i see why you are not bothering to re-post them... 1. they are in no way better than Wes and 2. why would we pay over 30k for a pish keeper? The 3 in the guys post are honking mate.

Great shot stopper stronger on his left than he is on his right, needs to improve on commanding his defense, which will improve his effectiveness at dealing with long shots as his defense will be on the same page, if he can develop the balls to tell them what to do. He needs to be a little bit angrier/arrogant.

Just to blow this out the water

2 sub goalies I looked at
Speroni 25k
Boruc
That is his keepers to replace Wes?

What a clown...

Nah I’m just picking 3 bench warmers in England
Couldn’t tell u who he thinks we would get

Is Richard Wright still about :D

Ok if the guy Woods post is your choices i see why you are not bothering to re-post them... 1. they are in no way better than Wes and 2. why would we pay over 30k for a pish keeper? The 3 in the guys post are honking mate.

In the premiership alone #2 bench warmer goalkeeper who don' get a sniff
Kristoffer nordfeldt - Swansea
Boaz myhill - west Bromwich
Ron Robert zieler - licester
Pantillimon - Watford
Joel roberts- Everton
Michel vorm- spurs
Begovic- Chelsea

That was his suggestions

Ok nose got the better of me......

Pantillimon - Watford
Joel roberts- Everton
Michel vorm- spurs
Begovic- Chelsea

:D:D:D:D:D:D:p:D:D:D:D:D:p:D:D:D:D

The Swansea boy is on 25k a week.... come on mate. you think we are going to pay that for a keeper and m price tag?

Pantillimon - Watford
Joel roberts- Everton
Michel vorm- spurs
Begovic- Chelsea

None of them are better than Wes mate.. May just be my opinion but no chance are we signing them to replace our keeper.

Pantillimon - Watford
Joel roberts- Everton
Michel vorm- spurs
Begovic- Chelsea

Robles 62k
Begovic signed for Bournemouth for £10m
Vorm 23k

I think Wes is an 'ok' keeper

I wish he was better but we have been spoied over the decades with some great keepers.
After the January window though I have no doubts that should Alan/Murty identenfy a replacement he will be better than we have now.

Wind back 12 months, change thread title to James Tavernier.

Some people just never learn.

Foderingham is the best goalkeeper in the league and far from being a position of concern when other areas of the park need improvement long before he needs replaced.

Pantillimon - Watford
Joel roberts- Everton
Michel vorm- spurs
Begovic- Chelsea

All I'd say better than fods.
2 of those guys you named aren't even in the bloody league let alone the team. Also naming players from a league where the wages are out of our reach is silly. Youth players are making 20K a week in the Prem

I guess percentage wise he has lost more goals from shots outside the box than any other goalie or maybe just the teams we play are able to produce more unstoppable shots against us than any other team.
Can't fault him for the first and third goals but for the second he either comes out and wins the ball or stays in his line, this was the goal that changed the game.
He's a good shot stopper but not commanding in his box and spreads panic and not great with his feet either.
I just feel that teams such as the sheep, the spoon burners and murderwell have better commanding keepers who spread confidence in the team and support.

Disagree with the OP. Big Wes is a good keeper. When you think back to the likes of Cammy Bell who was here for a short period, Wes is head and shoulders (literally) above that calibre we used to have at the club.
He has shown a lot of improvement during his time at the club and it doesn't help when we've struggled to have 2 commanding Centre Halfs in front of him at any one time.

When you look at Rogic and the Frenchmans goals on Sunday he was at full stretch for them. They were just good goals. Now the 2nd you could agrue he should have stayed on his line and allowed Cardoso to do his job.

What was his alternative? Stay on his line and watch Dembele tuck it in the corner? Then take dogs abuse for not coming out?
Sorry, the Portugese chuckle brothers were far more to blame

Make it hard for the striker by staying put or else fully committing to the advance out his box. He came out like a wee girl pushing a pram. His reaction after it says it all, he knew he made a lady's front bottom of it

It was you that brought up goalies elsewhere currently on the bench - hence the mention of minutes.

Are there better players than Wes out there? Defo. You've been asked a few times to name some of these realistic options.

As for a 'kiddie oan supporter', will put that one down to someone being a bit tipsy on a school night.

What say ye.!!!

What say ye.!!!
Ye says quite bloody right Scotti.

Fairly certain Rogic's goal takes a touch of Bates' shin which gives it's trajectory such a steep arc. Unstoppable.

I like Wes and he has came on a great deal. He has worked on his footing and is diving later now. He wasn't too clever at second goal, as you never meander off your line ( I chose that word carefully, as had he rushed out it may have unsettled Dembelle who was still under pressure from Cardoso and would never have gotten a clean shot away) toward a forward running onto a bouncing ball as it's easy just to lob it up and down with little fuss. Cardoso was murder too though.

Back