Big wes

Wes would have saved that first goal from Barca tonight.

We would have a thread on here saying he should have saved the second as well.

He's an ok keeper for where we are right now.

I openly admit that I'm a spoiled bastard where keepers are concerned, having enjoyed years of watching the likes of Neef, McCloy, Woods, Goram, Klos, Shagger, etc. I always thought that our goalkeeper was one of our biggest strengths, especially those last 4 keepers I've mentioned. Being completely objective, that's not the case with Wes.

However, we are where we are and he'll have to do for now. We have other areas that need attention before goalkeeper

Given the importance of the semi final and the likelyhood of Alnwick playing,is there a case for starting Alnwick up until the semi?

I would say that he does have a weakness with shots taken from a distance, however... He is young for a keeper and still has a lot of time to develop and improve in that department. So he stays in the team for me.

Okay, I am back on since that loss on Sunday and was gonnae do a thread on Wes but this one will do.

I am in favour of goin for Joe Hart, YES Joe Hart as Wes is not up to the nature of the beast we play from the Piggery.

The two goals the 1st and 2nd were schoolboy stuff and all the effort from his outfield 10 went for fuuk all. We could also make money on him.

We can get Hart on loan or a fee and ok he made a blunder against Burnley at the weekend but won't make as many up here. He has lost confidence but can come back from it.

Will Wes, the Scottish cup semi is 4 weeks away, Is every one confident Wes can ?,

Okay, I am back on since that loss on Sunday and was gonnae do a thread on Wes but this one will do.

I am in favour of goin for Joe Hart, YES Joe Hart as Wes is not up to the nature of the beast we play from the Piggery.

The two goals the 1st and 2nd were schoolboy stuff and all the effort from his outfield 10 went for fuuk all. We could also make money on him.

We can get Hart on loan or a fee and ok he made a blunder against Burnley at the weekend but won't make as many up here. He has lost confidence but can come back from it.

Will Wes, the Scottish cup semi is 4 weeks away, Is every one confident Wes can ?,

Will it.not be Alnwick who plays? Personally I would be more confident with Wes.

Even the Celtic fans want him replaced. They are now hailing Scott Bain as their number one on the basis of one good save.

Just as they'll be blessin and prayin that Wes is in between the other sticks for the semi final.

This is long term I'm talkin about not one game in April.

Long term other areas need strengthened before goalkeeper.

Because of a goal in an old firm match there is mass hysteria. He has saved us on numerous occasions this season.

Wes for me i.m.o.of course ,some real fcn “zoomers “on here who should maybe should get out more,maybe to the odd rangers game?

It's not the keeper that the problem it's what's in front of him.
Goal 1 Goss very weak attempt at a tackle
Goal 2 Alves and Cordoso ball watching and slow to react, yes Wes came out and made it easier So partial blame.
Goal 3 Goss and Cordoso showing an attacker inside schoolboy stuff.

Yes he has faults but he's our best and the leagues best.

It's not the keeper that the problem it's what's in front of him.
Goal 1 Goss very weak attempt at a tackle
Goal 2 Alves and Cordoso ball watching and slow to react, yes Wes came out and made it easier So partial blame.
Goal 3 Goss and Cordoso showing an attacker inside schoolboy stuff.

Yes he has faults but he's our best and the leagues best.

Totally agree. However weve had people on here saying he should have saved all three!!!

I agree.

Decent big goalie, but up there with the likes of Goram, Klos or even McGregor or Alexander in recent years? Not a chance IMO.

Decent enough shot stopper but isnt commanding enough and he is beaten from long range far to often for my liking which for me is mainly down to poor footwork and positioning. He tends to just take a dive from the spot as opposed to adjusting his feet and then going for ball. We rarely seen the goalies mentioned above get beat from distance as often as he does.

It's a priority position for me personally this summer.

I like him but i feel he is too inconsistent for us. We have 3 GKs so maybe we could get rid of one of them, I like the look of young Liam Kelly so he could be backup for Fod or Alnwick.

Back