Biggest divers in football

In recent seasons Salah, Mané Cuadrado and Neymar would take some beating. In years gone by Ronaldo, Di Maria, Drogba, Bale and Suarez have been absolute masters of it.

Mo Salah. He doesn’t even need to dive. He just stops and looks at the referee and more often than not he gets the decision. When he doesn’t he just laughs.

Cuadrado is a disgrace, as are Dybala, Neymar, Veratti, Di Maria, Ramos, Kane and Sterling.

Closer to home the bheggars have has a long line of them, Nakamura, Petrov, McGhedinho, Sutton, Christie, etc.
Kane goes under the radar because he’s English but he definitely is one of the worst for it.

Larsson was fond of a tumble. As other posters have said McGeady was particularly fond, however “if he anticipates contact he is entitled to go down” copyright Andy Wanker

Neymar
giphy.gif
Neymar is possibly the biggest culprit in today’s game unless my fellow bears have other suggestions.
Ryan Christie has been seen crashing to ground after clashing with a fart from a passing sparrow

Aye the amount of times Mutton would lean his back into our defenders then just fall down and win a free kick was a joke
How referees were conned by Mutton backing into defenders and then falling down when the defender never gave way was ludicrous. Total prick, but the refs could have just ignored him or booked him and it would have stopped dead.

When shearer kicked the bigot in the kisser at filbert street, went down like he’d been shot! Also Bamford really infuriates me with his antics!!

Last edited:
As well as the usual suspects already mentioned , Ferguson of Aberdeen is another.

When shearer kicked the bigot in the kisser at filbert street, when down like he’d been shot! Also Bamford really infuriates me with his antics!!
As much as i despise wee LB, Shearer most definitely should have been red carded and banned. I think the FA shat it as Shearer was a shoe in for World cup 98.

Another vote for Larsson.

Had the pleasure of watching an actual Timplosion in a pub when this guy went on a rant that cellik had been cheated out of the UEFA Cup by divers!!
Nearly drowned in my Tennents laughing. Happy days! :D

Moravcik was another and one of the most skilful divers. Like the art of the bullfighter is being as close to the horns as possible , Moravcik was one who dived a lot yet it was rarely noticed.
I am pretty sure he taught Larsson that move of 'jump and pull your lower legs up to the back of your thighs'.
Larsson's dive ratio improved.

Gareth Bale is a horrible cheating prick.

In Scotland, got to be Christie.

Based on both above, does looking like a chimp show a predisposition to being a diving cheat?

When I was young and going to Ibrox from the mid nineties onwards I was always shocked at the diving exploits of the German teams. Dortmund sticks out in my mind, probably the first time I was ever exposed to professional diving!

There are many to choose from but petrov was without doubt the biggest diver and cheat I've ever seen

Petrov is the worst for me, the chimp must be binge watching the games he played in. He is catching up fast.

Step forward Pierre Littbarski, while at FC Köln he had diving down to a fine art.
German teams definitely used the dive to great advantage in those days.

Watching Juve v Barca and can't believe that Cuadrado gets away with throwing himself to the floor evry 5 mins.
Other one is that wee cheating pr* ck Christie.

Who is or was your pet hate for having a dive now and again?
Christie is the worst culprit in Scotland/UK. However, Sterling of City is unbelievable in the English Premier league. Watched him closely v Leeds recently and he spent the last 15 mins purely trying to get a penalty. Unbelievable.

Watching Juve v Barca and can't believe that Cuadrado gets away with throwing himself to the floor evry 5 mins.
Other one is that wee cheating pr* ck Christie.

Who is or was your pet hate for having a dive now and again?
Petrov, Larson, Sutton, hartson, nakamura,

In Scotland it's Christie by a mile, further afield it has to be Neymar.

Do you think when they watch back the footage on tv they get embarrassed by their actions? No I don't think so either. A pair of dirty cheating pr*cks.

Back