Biggest divers in football

I had actually forgotten how bad Sutton was until someone else posted his name.
My mate spotted it first when Sutton was playing against Hearts. My mate didn't really support any Scottish team apart from a soft spot for Dundee but he would occasionally go to local (Edinburgh) matches.
He said to me that Sutton's technique was to fall backwards into the centre-half (Pressley) every time the ball was about to be blootered up to him.
If the centre-half just let him fall , he would claim that he was tugged off his feet. If he supported him, he would claim he was being held and if he pushed Sutton as he fell backwards , Sutton would throw himself forward.
Worked every time.

Neymar
giphy.gif
I call this the "salmon leap".

2 worst I've seen at a decent level was:

Morten Gamst Pedersen v Arsenal - at least 3 yards away from the defender, had a look behind him and went flying.

Arturo Vidal v Real Madrid I think - ran a few yards past the defender, kicked the ground and just about did a front flip

Neymar is disgraceful how any young kid can idolise him is beyond me
Fancy flicks & tricks mate, no denying he is a mercurial talent. However, he’s is a total pr1ck.

He gets some love here because he winds up the mentally challengeds, but let’s be honest he would do the same to us if we ever played PSG.

Aye the amount of times Mutton would lean his back into our defenders then just fall down and win a free kick was a joke
He was an apprentice at that sort of free kick, If there were stats on yards gained like in American football them Super Ally would never be beaten, he had it down to perfection to get us a free kick up the park especially if we were under the cosh.

Petrov and Sutton historically
present day Ryan Christie,James Forrest.
All Scotland's shame, following their master Peter (pig eyes) Lieswell who lies and cheats as a rule.

If there was a World Cup for divers, O’Neill’s Celtic team would dominate.

For a team of hulking brutes, they couldn’t half collapse like a sack of tatties
Larson perfected the technique of hanging on to the defender's arm until letting go ensured a fall.

Charlie Nicholas got away with the worst dive I ever saw, though, going down in the box with the defenders all a good yard away.

From I’ve been watching football it has to be neymar, could be an even better player if he stayed on his feet

Another vote for that Swedish prick Larsson.

Was almost thrown out of Parkhead on his home debut (don't fret I was in the Dunfermline end) when he dived for their opening goal, and my drunk fuelled rage took over.

Last laugh was on the Pars that day though as they beat them 2-1.

I can't remember who the player was but it was a European game at Ibrox playing Bayern Munich. The guys coming down the line when Barry Ferguson was going in to tackle him and the fcuker jumps up in the air.

He’s not the biggest in football but Danny rose hits the deck a lot. I hate a defender that dives.

I can't remember who the player was but it was a European game at Ibrox playing Bayern Munich. The guys coming down the line when Barry Ferguson was going in to tackle him and the fcuker jumps up in the air.
Same happened v Dortmund at Ibrox, Reyna ran towards Lars Ricken, stopped 1metre short. Ricken jumped into the air and got a free kick o_O

Back