Biggest European Team We Haven’t Played Competitively ?

Nowhere near the biggest of course, how awesome would it be though to face the unwashed in European competition.

Man City aren't even a big team in England let alone in Europe. Oil money doesn't = big team.
Any side winning the EPL and getting to the final of the CL is a massive ‘team’. History doesn’t win you trophies, having 11 good players does.

In terms of big European names,
Other posters are correct. Liverpool.
We've never played them competitively.

I’ll assume we’re talking about sides that are generally a big side and not just sides that have enjoyed a season or two, like Notts Forrest. Just going by memory here and from what I remember from books from before my time:
Arsenal? I don’t remember a competitive fixture
Liverpool
Chelsea
Atletico Madrid

We’ve played all the big French teams (PSG, Marseille, Monaco, Lyon), the big 3 Italian sides (not sure about the likes of Roma, Lazio, etc), Bayern and Dortmund, and I’m sure we have played big teams from smaller nations: PSV, Ajax, (Feynoord?), Porto (Have we played Sporting Lisbon?), I’m not sure there are any others.

I’ll assume we’re talking about sides that are generally a big side and not just sides that have enjoyed a season or two, like Notts Forrest. Just going by memory here and from what I remember from books from before my time:
Liverpool
Chelsea
Atletico Madrid

We’ve played all the big French teams (PSG, Marseille, Monaco, Lyon), the big 3 Italian sides (not sure about the likes of Roma, Lazio, etc), Bayern and Dortmund, and I’m sure we have played big teams from smaller nations: PSV, Ajax, (Feynoord?), Porto (Have we played Sporting Lisbon?), I’m not sure there are any others.
Have we played Sporting Lisbon?.

You have to be at the wind up :))

Liverpool
Chelsea
Atletico Madrid

I'm genuinely not sure if you're taking the piss here or not?

Liverpool by far the biggest.
other big Euro clubs imo would be Arsenal, Chelsea, Hamburg, Roma, Lazio. Atleti, Anderlecht, Besiktas and possibly Olympiakos?,

Liverpool
Chelsea
Atletico Madrid

Question marks after Feyenoord and Sporting? Are you 2 years old?

Any side winning the EPL and getting to the final of the CL is a massive ‘team’. History doesn’t win you trophies, having 11 good players does.
No it doesn't. It makes them a good (great) team, it doesn't make them a massive club/team.

Liverpool
Chelsea
Atletico Madrid

Sporting Lisbon :oops:

I've got a feeling that we will be able to take Liverpool of the list this season. Us v Liverpool at a packed Ibrox in a Champs League game with Stevie G being in our dugout. 5 years ago I wouldn't of even been able to dream about that happening.

Liverpool
Chelsea
Atletico Madrid

Are you one year old? We've played Feyenoord two seasons ago and we've played Sporting about forty times this century, including in an iconic Road to Manchester 1/4 final

Back