Biggest European Team We Haven’t Played Competitively ?

You're not a big club if you're continually having to tell people you're a big club. Despite their success Chelsea are still the wee guy in London.

Arsenal dwarfs any team in the English capital.

You're not a big club if you're continually having to tell people you're a big club. Despite their success Chelsea are still the wee guy in London.

Arsenal dwarfs any team in the English capital.
Lunacy! Arsenal are the biggest joke in English football. Chelsea are Champions League winners.

Well, they are now, so deal with it. They’ll be achieving success for many years to come.
That doesn’t make them a massive club though. They’re a rich team in the modern era, they’ll never be the size of United, Arsenal, Liverpool in terms of history in England.

That doesn’t make them a massive club though. They’re a rich team in the modern era, they’ll never be the size of United, Arsenal, Liverpool in terms of history in England.
Your point is irrelevant. They’ll likely be challenging in Europe for decades to come now. What happened before doesn’t matter.

Having gone and checked YouTube I remember Whittaker’s goal now but I couldn’t remember who it was against.

We played them again in 2011, beating them on away goals (3-3) in the round of 32, before losing to PSV Eindhoven in the round of 16.

Mendes scored against us in Lisbon.

Your point is irrelevant. They’ll likely be challenging in Europe for decades to come now. What happened before doesn’t matter.

If that was the case then those answering Man City would also stand true, as they'll be likely challenging for decades to come in Europe too. London in my eyes doesn't host a "massive club"

The correct answer to the original post is Liverpool.

Foreign side would be Atletico Madrid.

I'm not that bothered about Chelsea but for context, our Captain is nearly 30 years old,

Since his DOB

Chelsea have won

5 League titles,
7 FA Cups,
3 League Cups
2 Champions Leagues - lost another on pens, a few Semi Finals,
2 Europa Leagues,
1 Cup Winners Cup

I am really struggling to see an argument against them being a massive club, and entirely relevant to a load of people who watch football.

To what age group? Those who are about 70+
To me, in London and anyone else that walks around London. You'll see 3 Arsenal shirts to every 1 other club shirt (Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool....)

Lunacy! Arsenal are the biggest joke in English football. Chelsea are Champions League winners.
They're not the best just now, but their fan base is huge down here.

I wish people wouldn't take this stuff personally. I'm not an Arsenal fan but they appear to be the big dogs down here.

To me, in London and anyone else that walks around London. You'll see 3 Arsenal shirts to every 1 other club shirt (Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool....)

Arsenal fans always strike me as Celticy in that they would wear their teams top to any occasion, a pretty poor argument re Chelsea not being a huge club.

That doesn’t make them a big club though. Having money doesn’t mean they’re a big club, I’ve always had a bit of a soft spot for City and love Pep Guardiola but they’re by no means a ‘huge club’ or one of Europe’s biggest.
You mean like Chelsea?
Chelsea aren’t among the biggest clubs in Europe either imo. They’re a bigger club than City though, they’ve always had some form to success or be challenging for trophies throughout their history.

Throughout history they are bigger than Chelsea - far bigger fanbase worldwide aswell
Can you back up that claim? Over the last decade I’ve only ever seen Chelsea’s global fan base as being second to Man Utd in various articles.

Chelsea have overtaken Arsenal in every department other than the stadium, only thing preventing that is Chelsea supporters’ refusal to leave Stamford Bridge and the difficulties involved in redeveloping the current stadium.

The likes of Chelsea, Manchester City and PSG are rich clubs. They're not big clubs. They're the equivalent of Dundee Utd or Hibs with an uber rich owner.

Define "Big Club" The top 30 European clubs of the 20th century according to International federation of Football History & Statistics are below. I can not see how some are on this list.
I can only place, from memory, one that we haven't played:
Real Madrid 1
Juve 2
Barca 3
Milan 4
Bayern 5
Inter 6
Ajax 7
Liverpool 8
Benfica 9
Anderlecht 10
Man U 11
At Madrid 12
Ferencvaros 13
Leeds 14
Sparta 15
Dinamo Kyiv 16
Roma 17
Hamburg 18
Monchengladbach 19
Spurs 20

The likes of Chelsea, Manchester City and PSG are rich clubs. They're not big clubs. They're the equivalent of Dundee Utd or Hibs with an uber rich owner.
Size of Paris to Dundee and all the backing PSG have had well before this latest mob, bloody hell.

Define "Big Club" The top 30 European clubs of the 20th century according to International federation of Football History & Statistics are below. I can not see how some are on this list.
I can only place, from memory, one that we haven't played:
Real Madrid 1
Juve 2
Barca 3
Milan 4
Bayern 5
Inter 6
Ajax 7
Liverpool 8
Benfica 9
Anderlecht 10
Man U 11
At Madrid 12
Ferencvaros 13
Leeds 14
Sparta 15
Dinamo Kyiv 16
Roma 17
Hamburg 18
Monchengladbach 19
Spurs 20
four - we haven't played Liverpool, Atletico Madrid, Roma or Hamburg in competition.

It’s crazy to think that no Scottish clubs have been drawn together in a European tie of any description..
English clubs have been drawn against each other on a regular basis. Imagine playing them in a quarter or semi final of a European competition!!!
Would possibly be our and their biggest game ever!! Certainly outwith winning a European trophy.

It’s crazy to think that no Scottish clubs have been drawn together in a European tie of any description..
English clubs have been drawn against each other on a regular basis. Imagine playing them in a quarter or semi final of a European competition!!!
Would possibly be our and their biggest game ever!! Certainly outwith winning a European trophy.
When two Scottish clubs are in the same European competition, there are usually another thirty in the same draw.

Back