Biggest RSC outwith UK

Matty1904

Does anyone know which city has the largest Rangers stronghold outwith UK.

The reason I ask is I went back over Tom Beahon interviews an he is constantly saying Scandanavia, Australia and North America they are going to target via digital marketing and other means.

Just curious how they would target this

I don't know if their is a stronghold, but NARSA and ORSA have tens of RSC's and a large potential clientele for Rangers gear.

Speaking as a Canadian, I'd say Gers fans outnumber scum fans three to one or so. But we have a ton of trouble getting gear. Generally you have to get it shipped across the pond.

The club has been saying for years that they'd like to tap in to the market in North America, and I'd love to see it finally happen. Because of all of the Canadians of Scottish descent, there is also a large potential market.

Was thinking Toronto myself but wasn't sure. Or parts of California. I'm looking forward to seeing what they develop the bond over there and marketing expertise

About 30 years ago I think it was the Johannesburg loyal. Obviously that is completely irrelevant to the question today but I just thought it might be of some interest.

The biggest RSC in ORSA over the last few years has been Perth RSC (Western Australia). They have consistently had around 120 members each season. Closely followed by the Melbourne City Loyal RSC then Sydney True Blues. All of these clubs can easily get 200 to 300+ at the bigger games if the kick off times are favourable ( Saturday night). I'd be interested to find out the numbers from the NARSA clubs.

I think the Scandinavia comment was said in error (although it was. said in multiple interviews), massive Liverpool support in that region, think it was just a general assumption.

The biggest RSC in ORSA over the last few years has been Perth RSC (Western Australia). They have consistently had around 120 members each season. Closely followed by the Melbourne City Loyal RSC then Sydney True Blues. All of these clubs can easily get 200 to 300+ at the bigger games if the kick off times are favourable ( Saturday night). I'd be interested to find out the numbers from the NARSA clubs.
I’m a member of MCLRSC and as you say for big games we can get 150/200 to games

This is slightly off topic but rates of immigration to the likes of canada and australia surely have declined from the peak when most of the clubs in these scot expat hotspots were formed, is membership steady, decreasing or increasing?

This is slightly off topic but rates of immigration to the likes of canada and australia surely have declined from the peak when most of the clubs in these scot expat hotspots were formed, is membership steady, decreasing or increasing?
I would imagine Support and membership passes down the family.

I don't know if their is a stronghold, but NARSA and ORSA have tens of RSC's and a large potential clientele for Rangers gear.

Speaking as a Canadian, I'd say Gers fans outnumber scum fans three to one or so. But we have a ton of trouble getting gear. Generally you have to get it shipped across the pond.

The club has been saying for years that they'd like to tap in to the market in North America, and I'd love to see it finally happen. Because of all of the Canadians of Scottish descent, there is also a large potential market.

At NARSA in Vegas a few years ago I was at a table with members of the Bramalea Loyal. Good people and some good stories, I've got one of their club pin badges now.

I‘ve been in the Bramalea Club just the once, way back in 2009, when I was returning to the UK via Toronto after the Niagara NARSA Convention.
Had a great afternoon and evening in the place, made even better by discovering that three of the members there that day were at school with me :)

Was in for the convention in 2014.

We arrived the day before so with it being close to the airport we stopped by. Got a great welcome, absolutely loved seeing that so far from home

I‘ve been in the Bramalea Club just the once, way back in 2009, when I was returning to the UK via Toronto after the Niagara NARSA Convention.
Had a great afternoon and evening in the place, made even better by discovering that three of the members there that day were at school with me :)
I have never been in Bramalea but was stuck in Toronto once and got help to see a game at Toronto #1. Jumped in a taxi, told him where to go and was subsequently dropped off in a wee industrial area. Really thought I had fucked up.

Then I open a door and go through into a stunning rsc set up, brilliant what the guys had done. Simply a cracking wee blue paradise. Loved the experience and I am still amazed at the lengths our support go to with clubs like these.

Last edited:
Bramalea and Toronto #1 certainly were the biggest North American RSCs. But as said its an aging membership and the next generation are not so immersed in Rangers. More likely hockey or baseball or MLS. You would think though that an opportunity would be there to tap into the MLS followers and get some fresh blood into the Clubs.

I think the Scandinavia comment was said in error (although it was. said in multiple interviews), massive Liverpool support in that region, think it was just a general assumption.

Could be something to do with Gerrard and the Liverpool connection. Think there’s a few Liverpool and Man Utd fans up there. If that is their method of thinking though I’d be going in the other direction and heading for the Asian markets.

I went to a pre-season match against Dinamo Zagreb in Toronto back in 2005. Me and my mate headed to a supporters club beforehand, I can’t remember which one now sadly. But it was amazing. The place was full of Rangers memorabilia, absolutely packed and everyone was buzzing about the game even though it was just a friendly. They’d hired a bus to take us all to the stadium too - the atmosphere on that ride was one of the best I’ve ever experienced! Just shows how big a club we are that we have fans like that all over the world.

Bramalea and Toronto #1 certainly were the biggest North American RSCs. But as said its an aging membership and the next generation are not so immersed in Rangers. More likely hockey or baseball or MLS. You would think though that an opportunity would be there to tap into the MLS followers and get some fresh blood into the Clubs.

You can watch the game in your house now as well.

When the clubs were packed you couldn’t do that.

Lanzarote Loyal has over 170 fully paid up adult members and over 100 junior 'Bear Cub' members, so if not the biggest, it's certainly one of them.
That's impressive knew they were a few. But didnt realise how many. Been in the bar when on holiday. Obviously doesn't get the credit it deserves. Kinda was meaning that in the OP with the marketing. Target the right areas and castore and rangers into a winner.

To be fair there is a few clubs in Sweden and Denmark. I'm not sure how much but defo a market there to be had. Especially with our past with Scandanavian players

I went to a pre-season match against Dinamo Zagreb in Toronto back in 2005. Me and my mate headed to a supporters club beforehand, I can’t remember which one now sadly. But it was amazing. The place was full of Rangers memorabilia, absolutely packed and everyone was buzzing about the game even though it was just a friendly. They’d hired a bus to take us all to the stadium too - the atmosphere on that ride was one of the best I’ve ever experienced! Just shows how big a club we are that we have fans like that all over the world.

Sounds like Bramalea.

Definitely was Bramalea a couple of years ago.

My Dad was a member and I've been in it loads of times,used to a member of Toronto No1 myself,not much between them but I'm sure I read somewhere it was Bramalea.

Back