Biggest RSC outwith UK

I have never been in Bramalea but was stuck in Toronto once and got help to see a game at Toronto #1. Jumped in a taxi, told him where to go and was subsequently dropped off in a wee industrial area. Really thought I had fucked up.

Then I open a door and go through into a stunning rsc set up, brilliant what the guys had done. Simply a cracking wee blue paradise. Loved the experience and I am still amazed at the lengths our support go to with clubs like these.
A natural reaction for any first time visitor:))

I was like 'WTF this can't be it' :))

Bramalea and Toronto #1 certainly were the biggest North American RSCs. But as said its an aging membership and the next generation are not so immersed in Rangers. More likely hockey or baseball or MLS. You would think though that an opportunity would be there to tap into the MLS followers and get some fresh blood into the Clubs.
Still plenty bears moving to the colonies mate. It’s just with the internet, there isn’t the same need to set up clubs. The thought of waking up at 4am, driving through a foot of snow to watch a turgid 0-0 draw with Hamilton loses its novelty pretty quick no matter how good it is seeing fellow bears.

One thing the guys told me was the easy access to streaming matches was hurting the clubs/communities over there.

People that had to get up early morning to travel 3 hours to a club can stay in bed and turn their laptop on ten minutes before kick off.

One thing the guys told me was the easy access to streaming matches was hurting the clubs/communities over there.

People that had to get up early morning to travel 3 hours to a club can stay in bed and turn their laptop on ten minutes before kick off.

Spot on. Take into account as well that kick off times on the West Coast can be as early as 4am, and it becomes ever more appealing to wake up just before kick off and watch in the comfort of your own home. Especially in somewhere like Vancouver that has harsh winters.

I don't know if their is a stronghold, but NARSA and ORSA have tens of RSC's and a large potential clientele for Rangers gear.

Speaking as a Canadian, I'd say Gers fans outnumber scum fans three to one or so. But we have a ton of trouble getting gear. Generally you have to get it shipped across the pond.

The club has been saying for years that they'd like to tap in to the market in North America, and I'd love to see it finally happen. Because of all of the Canadians of Scottish descent, there is also a large potential market.
This this message direct to Castore. Ridiculous marketing for a club like ours.

This is slightly off topic but rates of immigration to the likes of canada and australia surely have declined from the peak when most of the clubs in these scot expat hotspots were formed, is membership steady, decreasing or increasing?
You would be suprised at how many Scots still come to Canada. Especially to places like Calgary with the oil fields.

Spot on. Take into account as well that kick off times on the West Coast can be as early as 4am, and it becomes ever more appealing to wake up just before kick off and watch in the comfort of your own home. Especially in somewhere like Vancouver that has harsh winters.
It is sometimes a problem. We often show games on a three hour delay, although OF games are always live at 4AM. Boy do I dislike the 12PM kick off time haha.

Most definitely decreasing, a lot of NARSA clubs are barely surviving and mostly older members.

Sad to hear but I suppose the heyday of people spreading all over the world is gone, hope as many as can survive

I can see it being hard trying to get future generations who have little connection to their parents / grandparents homeland to follow but im sure the older generation will do their best

Hate to say it but I don’t really think we have a global market, I’ve visited 3 Rangers clubs in North America but it was full of older bears. Most of my experience is that their grandkids have little or no interest in Scotland. My mates son in Toronto support Man U and his kids Barcelona. Maybe we can rekindle it but I don’t see it being a goldmine

Hate to say it but I don’t really think we have a global market, I’ve visited 3 Rangers clubs in North America but it was full of older bears. Most of my experience is that their grandkids have little or no interest in Scotland. My mates son in Toronto support Man U and his kids Barcelona. Maybe we can rekindle it but I don’t see it being a goldmine
Spot on, we're not that big globally. We've got a long way to go to catch up with the really big clubs. There will be random groups across the world but the reality is Rangers doesnt generate that much interest or ultimately cash from a global audience.

Don't think it's a Toronto area one as there are about 10 different RSCs lol. Biggest total following outside Scotland but it's split between too many clubs.

I have never been in Bramalea but was stuck in Toronto once and got help to see a game at Toronto #1. Jumped in a taxi, told him where to go and was subsequently dropped off in a wee industrial area. Really thought I had fucked up.

Then I open a door and go through into a stunning rsc set up, brilliant what the guys had done. Simply a cracking wee blue paradise. Loved the experience and I am still amazed at the lengths our support go to with clubs like these.
Nice story mate. I lived in Toronto for a while in the mid 90’s. I remember travelling across Toronto on the subway to get to Scarborough and The Rangers no1 club. Had the same experience thinking where am I. Great club with great people.

Why did John ever let you look after it? H probably give you the glassy flag. In saying that I keep ours :))
We used to keep it in the Glaswegian when big Sam had it,to save us carrying it back and fwd to games.oddly enough the Monday after the banning of the banner,Sam got a visit from an official from the licensing board who said the police had spotted the Dublin Loyal’s “sectarian banner” on display in the pub before the game.

We used to keep it in the Glaswegian when big Sam had it,to save us carrying it back and fwd to games.oddly enough the Monday after the banning of the banner,Sam got a visit from an official from the licensing board who said the police had spotted the Dublin Loyal’s “sectarian banner” on display in the pub before the game.
Was it Hood or McIntyre that banned it? Both wankers

Was it Hood or McIntyre that banned it? Both wankers
No Kenny Scott who to try and placate us came over to Dublin with jim Hannah and the Scottish cup in 2008.a few months later one of our lads was over on Bucharest for a champions league game and bumped into a police officer who was over as a liaison officer and clocked my mates Dublin Loyal polo top and told him before Kenny Scott came over he had his former police colleagues look into our backgrounds and it came back “harmless dafties who like a drink” which summed us up nicely:D
I still think to this day Kenny Scott used it to say to the wider rangers support.ill decide what is offensive and what’s not and used the infamous line “Celtic are not our enemy” in a meeting with us

No Kenny Scott who to try and placate us came over to Dublin with jim Hannah and the Scottish cup in 2008.a few months later one of our lads was over on Bucharest for a champions league game and bumped into a police officer who was over as a liaison officer and clocked my mates Dublin Loyal polo top and told him before Kenny Scott came over he had his former police colleagues look into our backgrounds and it came back “harmless dafties who like a drink” which summed us up nicely:D
I still think to this day Kenny Scott used it to say to the wider Rangers support.ill decide what is offensive and what’s not and used the infamous line “Celtic are not our enemy” in a meeting with us
I forgot about that fanny :)) Celtic are not the enemy no worries Kenny ya cock! I had to go meet him after the Davis 1-0 game at Ibrox as I got lifted ar HT he was wanting to ban me haha

I forgot about that fanny :)) Celtic are not the enemy no worries Kenny ya cock! I had to go meet him after the Davis 1-0 game at Ibrox as I got lifted ar HT he was wanting to ban me haha
Oddly enough the minute he left our banner was unbanned.the excuses for the ban did get quite extraordinary.myself and John attended a meeting in Ibrox,it was the day we played dundee utd the Saturday before manchester and the cop who took the meeting said “on a scale of offensive to 10 yours is a 1” and I though it’s way to be unbanned but no he followed up that with” I have been monitoring Celtic web sites and asked Celtic fans I know if they found it offensive and they do” to say we were stunned at that was an understatement i said back “do bears shit in the woods of course they would find it offensive”
I’ll tell you what I did learn through it all though people in authority will say absolutely anything to justify a wrong decision.

KS was a prick of the highest regard

took me to the pitch side in Belgrade to see team train right enough but his over all attitude was shite

Oddly enough the minute he left our banner was unbanned.the excuses for the ban did get quite extraordinary.myself and John attended a meeting in Ibrox,it was the day we played dundee utd the Saturday before manchester and the cop who took the meeting said “on a scale of offensive to 10 yours is a 1” and I though it’s way to be unbanned but no he followed up that with” I have been monitoring Celtic web sites and asked Celtic fans I know if they found it offensive and they do” to say we were stunned at that was an understatement i said back “do bears shit in the woods of course they would find it offensive”
I’ll tell you what I did learn through it all though people in authority will say absolutely anything to justify a wrong decision.
correct

KS was a prick of the highest regard

took me to the pitch side in Belgrade to see team train right enough but his over all attitude was shite
He was a wanker with me wanted me off travel club the lot due to it in 08/09. Belgrade was clas wouldn’t have knew you then B! Didn’t help myself last old firm before old firm getting lifted when they scored their 3rd if he was still in charge then :)) Luckily I’ve matured

He was a wanker with me wanted me off travel club the lot due to it in 08/09. Belgrade was clas wouldn’t have knew you then B! Didn’t help myself last old firm before old firm getting lifted when they scored their 3rd if he was still in charge then :)) Luckily I’ve matured
What you do anyway lol

Wouldnt mind watching a game in every venue.
Watched the lovenkrands cup final in coogee bay beach hotel sydney.
What a night. Place was bouncing.
I attended Sydney RSC in Coogee Bay in 2001 for I think from memory was a 10th anniversary Gala night, Mark Hateley among others was there absolute belter of a night.

The Antarctica Loyal (actually probably the smallest RSC in the world).
But I thought it was brilliant when I read that we had a supporters club in the south pole.

The biggest RSC in ORSA over the last few years has been Perth RSC (Western Australia). They have consistently had around 120 members each season. Closely followed by the Melbourne City Loyal RSC then Sydney True Blues. All of these clubs can easily get 200 to 300+ at the bigger games if the kick off times are favourable ( Saturday night). I'd be interested to find out the numbers from the NARSA clubs.

Back