Biggest soaking you've had at the football?

Another one for osasuna when I was a kid. Bottom of Copland was like sitting under a waterfall. Celtic semi when Davie Robertson got sent off - freezing and soaked. Falkirk away about twelve years ago - row a and drenched through. many a drookit pair of socks watching rangers. All worth it though

Scottish Cup semi final, March 1992, Davie Robertson sent off after six minutes for breaking Joe Miller's ribs, Ally scores just before half time and a backs to the wall display gives us the win, what a night!

My jacket finally dried out last year!

Not Rangers but Accrington Stanley 13 years ago open terracing no roof abandoned half time

Last edited:
Drove through to the Dundee Hibs game that got abandoned at half time. Windae wipers were on high speed there and back. The wiper motor burned out around Stirling on the way back. RAC were not answering the phone, so started heading home, and found out the faster we drove the clearer the view.:eek:
My mate had to stick his head out the window, if we had take off after stopping at lights etc.
Cool story bro.

Walter's first game back after PLG, January 2007 v Dundee Utd.

I was in my old seat in the Govan Front and the heavens just opened. Was wearing a wee flimsy jacket with a t-shirt and jumper under it, and all 3 layers were fucking soaking.

Is that the game where about the first ten rows of the GF just disappeared into the concourses? That was bonkers.

Borussia Moenchengladbach in the 60's for me standing at the then Rangers end. Had on a brand new very fashionable for the time gaberdine coat & by the time I got to my grans in Govan it was ruined. The thing was sticking to me and the shape of the shoulders were all over the place so only got one wear out of it.

Walters first game back, how that went ahead that day il never know, about 10 minutes into the second half the first ten rows of the Govan front were either in the concourse, or bunched up the back avoiding the rain apart from the nutcases who must have been in some state the next day

Walter's last game at Ibrox was torrential
Rugby park when Nicky Clarke scored in the scottish cup, I was in the front row I was paddling through puddles the full game.

Yesterday was bad though my Jean's were soaked through and that was just the walk back to the subway because I'm in the Club Deck. So dont notice it as much

Walters last game when we played Dundee Utd.

Left the Govan Front after the full time whistle, and was soaked through by the time I made it down to the Ladbrokes round the corner from the Subway
Was just away to mention this game, absolutely drenched!

We played St Mirren at Love street and it never stopped raining. Peter Huistra equalised for us. We were behind the goal. I was only a kid and my uncle took us out the match at halftime as I was so wet and cold, we then went to the local pub as we had to wait on the supporters bus to get home. I can mind getting home and getting a bath absolutely shivering, think I went starting to my bed.

Livorno away. Drenched

Sheep away so wet just going to and from bus. Travelled down road in my boxers :) prso scored a back heel that day. We won

Killie away when that river was right up to the bridges

Thistle away, last minute winner. Horrible night

88-89 season. 1-1 against St.Boo at the old Love St on the open terrace. Andy Gray scored an equaliser if memory serves.

This
Kilmarnock was flooded, had to wade back to the bus and it was thigh high
Guys were swimming back and I'm not joking. I got back to my car fearing the worst but the water was just up to the bottom of the door but saw other cars with the water a good 6 inches over the bottom of the door so the car would have flooded as soon as you opened it.

Has to be the Scotland France game with Mo scoring a double.When i got home 6 hours later i was still piss wet through.

V Feyenoord KLM trophy 1984, torrential rain and freezing cold, I was in the East Enclosure, soaked to the skin, walked through Drumoyne to Cardinals Station to discover the trains were off, after an hour a bus showed up, it broke down outside Paisley, after another hour another showed up, it took 90 mins to get to Gourock, I finally got home about 1am but we won so all good :))

The Aberdeen game that got postponed 5 minutes before kickoff ,,I had left the district bar, 240 with the game definitely on,only to get to the turnstiles as the game got cancelled,,pissed off and soaked at the same time

I think it was the Sporting Lisbon game in 2008, the heavens completely opened, don't think it had even been raining during the game, just on in time for us coming out and into the almighty subway queue

This one for me.
Already soaked through (programme disintegrated) I had to wade through a waist high flood at the bottom of Haggs Road.

Another 'programme disintegrator' was the New Year Old Firm game at Ibrox in Souness' first season - 2-0 (McCoist and Fleck.)

Yes, there was sleet, rain, snow, the full shebang that day. I was in the front row of The Govan that day and got soaked, it was worth it though, we destroyed them that day.

Too many to mention after sitting on row F of the Enclosure for years, now up the back of the Govan Rear so not an issue anymore

The Tannadice game that got called off at half time, we were up the back of that main stand extension thing but the roof was leaking so got soaked the entire time we were there.

About 45 years ago Morton game weather always pissing down there anyway snow slush and pish at bottom of the terrace is this is under cover. Anyway feckin freezing getting beat 2-1 two minutes to go goal we score me And mate jumping about like looneys I slip right into the pish and slush soaked. My sons embarrassed walking back to the Kirkie bus .Bus was old Alexander’s one engine inside.
Gets on to the bus freezing and soaking takes jeans off puts them over engine cover to dry. After about half hr funny smell in the bus everyone complaining my jeans are minging smelling of pish had to put them on to get home wife was raging.
Oh it was Graham Fyfe that scored.

I remember Steven Naismith scoring against us at Ibrox for Kilmarnock, they beat us 1-0 Absolutely lashing down that day.

Had a season ticket Row A of GF5 in 2011. Walters last game was also my last game in that seat :)) I now enjoy the benefits of having a roof over my head

St Johnstone away - 1998 or so. Was one of the Sunday 6.05pm kick offs. Drenched.

A game at Ibrox versus Aberdeen in the 90's that was actually called off about 15-20 minutes before kick off. Was absolutely soaked getting into the ground, then soaked again walking back to the car.

Love Street late 80s or early 90s. Was very young so don't really remember it. Just mind me and my dad sitting in thr car before it hoping it got called off.

Anyone know what game this would have been?

Back