Biggest soaking you've had at the football?

Will add St Midden September 1991 to those above. Out on an open terrace, got soaked to the skin that day. Nisbet scored the winner.

Was also sitting near the front against St Johnstone in the early noughties, got absolutely drenched that night too. Can't remember exact date, but pretty sure Numan scored after wading though a couple of puddles.

These two plus Tynecastle and the 1992 Semi-final immediately spring to mind.

Brechin in the 2013-14 season, game we won 4-3 after being 3-1 down, was in that uncovered terrace along the pitch next to the famous hedge

Unirea away in the shithole city of Bucharest

That was grim. On the plus side, I did manage to get 6 pints for under £2 in a wee local bar near the stadium. That’s a personal best for me, and unlikely ever to be beaten.

Will add St Midden September 1991 to those above. Out on an open terrace, got soaked to the skin that day. Nisbet scored the winner.

Was also sitting near the front against St Johnstone in the early noughties, got absolutely drenched that night too. Can't remember exact date, but pretty sure Numan scored after wading though a couple of puddles.

These two plus Tynecastle and the 1992 Semi-final immediately spring to mind.

That St Mirren game was definitely the wettest one I have attended. Absolutely soaked through, and couldn’t get the car windows to clear on the way home, due to four of us being drenched.

There was a game last season, mid week. It wasn't too bad during the game but when I was talking back to the car, 15-20 minutes the time I got back to the car I was drenched. Soaked right through.

Can't remember who it was against.

As already mentioned Osasuna was horrendous.

Can also remember getting soaked at Ibrox against the sheep in 79.
We won 2-0 (Cooper,Smith)

Yesterday was wild pre and post match, although I'm lucky enough I now sit in the club deck so avoided it on the most part during the game. Worst of it was some dick going through a massive puddle at the motorway junctions next to Pollock park at speed on purpose.

I remember El hadji dioufs first game (where he got done by Ian Black) midweek 2011 season and it was a complete wash out. Was sitting in the enclosure and the stewards were allowing anyone who was daft enough to still be there after 70mins to stand against the back wall to shelter!

Also sheltered in the club deck...felt sorry for the fans sitting at the front of the stands, they must have got soaked through.

I salute you!

That was grim. On the plus side, I did manage to get 6 pints for under £2 in a wee local bar near the stadium. That’s a personal best for me, and unlikely ever to be beaten.
Romania is cheap as chips i remember when we playe S bucharest and 5 of us went out to this wee place for dinner we all got steaks and few beers and think the bill came to about £30 for 5 of us we all stuck equivalent to about £20 each in the wee waiter thought it was xmas

Older bears might recall this one.....Queen of the South @ Palmerston ,around 75/76 in the League cup. Midweek game,drenched

My sons team played a wee tournament in Falkirk yesterday,so we were already drenched before getting to Ibrox sitting in the Copland with water running out us, worth it though.
Hampden semi when 10 men done it again was unreal on the North enclosure and I also remember a league cup tie at Cappielow when Souness was manager being droont behind the goals.

Yesterday was the worst. The A77 was horrendous to drive on yesterday as well. All that rain and me and my boy were in main front row e, no roof!

Still much rather have been there yesterday than not.

Rangers v feynoord 1983 copland front a horrible pissing doon night and kilmarnock away when waghorn missed the penalty.. got there late due to weather and again trapped outside due to only 2 turnstyles being open ended up catching a virus n off work for a mnth

2 biggest soakings for me:
Scottish Cup semi v scum at Hampden in 1992 - (1-0 McCoist) was in the uncovered enclosure and the rain never let up the whole game. Went to the game straight from work (via the Marlbrough pub) and was not suitably clothed for the downpour.
Hearts at Tynecastle, once again no cover whatsoever (cannot remember year, early 90's, late Hateley goal gave us 1-0 victory). Was so wet through could not sit down on bus seat afterwards.

Osasuna at Ibrox back in the 80’s. The park was like a swimming pool and the subway was closed down. We got knocked out of Europe because of the rain.

Ranger 1-0 scum

Steven Davis.

Worst day ever for football. Awful just awful, lives with me for now until I die, great result.

Bucharest for the Unirea game was mine.

I think it rained constantly for the whole three days we were there, but the game itself was the worst.

Auxerre in 2006 was very wet too.

Osasuna,,,then had to walk home to Thornliebank,,,,,,,
I also remember a match at tannidice,,,Mark Walters scored a screamer,,,,,behind the goal no shelter,,,,,,year escapes me,,,,but pretty sure there was a strike that season so no games on television that season,,,,Haven't seen it since,,,,,maybe 1990,,,,

Livorno without a doubt. Never been as drenched in my life and jeans were still soaked through flying home the next day.

Aberdeen 0 Rangers 0 played on a swimming pool during torrential rain and I wasn't under cover.

I got soaked walking to and from the game yesterday but it was nothing in comparison to the game above. I can't remember the year but I am sure there will be someone out there that can enlighten me.

absolutely soaked that day im sure snelders got injured by mccoist as well

Over 20 years ago I remember a semi final versus St J at the Piggery and being inappropriately dressed and soaked to the bone

Yesterday was wild pre and post match, although I'm lucky enough I now sit in the club deck so avoided it on the most part during the game. Worst of it was some dick going through a massive puddle at the motorway junctions next to Pollock park at speed on purpose.

I remember El hadji dioufs first game (where he got done by Ian Black) midweek 2011 season and it was a complete wash out. Was sitting in the enclosure and the stewards were allowing anyone who was daft enough to still be there after 70mins to stand against the back wall to shelter!

Easy one this, Scotland v France 1989. Uncovered section of Hampden, fun.

Love Street late 80s or early 90s. Was very young so don't really remember it. Just mind me and my dad sitting in thr car before it hoping it got called off.

Anyone know what game this would have been?
Early 1990's - couldn't see all the game due to the amount of golf umbrella's on the terracing.

Can't recall the score.

The game at Pittodrie when Snelders got his jaw broken was really bad. Spent the whole journey up expecting the game to be called off.

Love street, early 90s I think. Was sitting in the car with my son praying it would get called off. Ended up standing with a carrier bag on my head which was obviously a waste of time. Can't even remember the score. Just spent the whole game wishing it was full time so we could gtf home.

Livorno away
Got to be in Livorno

Open terrace , the market traders in Pisa must’ve made a bomb selling umbrellas to folk before getting on the buses through to the game there

I had rain jacket , normal jacket , stood with umbrella up the full game , still soaked, but what a result for the teddies

Early 1990's - couldn't see all the game due to the amount of golf umbrella's on the terracing.

Can't recall the score.

The game at Pittodrie when Snelders got his jaw broken was really bad. Spent the whole journey up expecting the game to be called off.
Love street, early 90s I think. Was sitting in the car with my son praying it would get called off. Ended up standing with a carrier bag on my head which was obviously a waste of time. Can't even remember the score. Just spent the whole game wishing it was full time so we could gtf home.
Remember neither the golf brollys or the plastic bag lol

Remember neither the golf brollys or the plastic bag lol
Do you remember the horrible b*****d of a st boo fan who was trying to pick a fight with everyone around him? He's lucky someone didn't drown him in a puddle.

Us v rhats at hampdump.10 men beat em 1-0 1992?Absolutely drenched.

Midweek game at the old tynecastle absolutely pissed it down no cover on terraces my bovril turned into water in about 20 secs, the marseille 2.2 CL game or the 4.4 rangers v celtic at Ibrox i was drenched
Was going to say Tynecastle early '80's midweek game open terrace :oops:

Midweek game at the old tynecastle absolutely pissed it down no cover on terraces my bovril turned into water in about 20 secs, the marseille 2.2 CL game or the 4.4 rangers v celtic at Ibrox i was drenched
My initial thought. late 80's? my mate fkd it up with the comment"My soaks are letting in"

Was about to post the very same game.

Defo the winner by a mile. Was off school the rest of that week absolutely loaded with the cold. Wasn't just the horizontal rain. It was the wind too that night.
Yep, never made work for a couple of days after this one. Didn’t really care though!

Back