Bigotry Backfire

Tommy725572

The doors are now open wide, the attention has been set up for scrutiny of sectarian behaviour in Scotland, now I believe we can behave in a dignified manner, however as it's all they have...can they in the coming weeks and months contain themselves...thoughts?

All I will say is this.

Given that we have already given up 'The Billy Boys' and the 'Famine Song' after a sustained media scrutiny, I would say that we are far more likely to ditch chants like those aimed at Steve Clarke than they are likely to ditch chants like those aimed at Kris Boyd.

We'll still be portrayed as 'the bad guys' regardless.

They haven’t changed a single thing in years, if anything it’s been ramped up to maximum and they still get away with it. The effigies being the peak. Week in, week out they sing songs that promote terrorism, bigotry and killing British soldiers. Not a single word is said about it.

I’m sorry but nothing is going to change, the spotlight is firmly on us as per usual.

They haven’t changed a single thing in years, if anything it’s been ramped up to maximum and they still get away with it. The effigies being the peak. Week in, week out they sing songs that promote terrorism, bigotry and killing British soldiers. Not a single word is said about it.

I’m sorry but nothing is going to change, the spotlight is firmly on us as per usual.
Sadly have to agree with you mate.

After DK's 'statement/apology' the club really need to call out others from now on in when they offend (and they will offend, oh yes they will).

The doors are now open wide, the attention has been set up for scrutiny of sectarian behaviour in Scotland, now I believe we can behave in a dignified manner, however as it's all they have...can they in the coming weeks and months contain themselves...thoughts?
We’ll shoot ourselves in both feet at the earliest opportunity.

We’ll shoot ourselves in both feet at the earliest opportunity.
Don't agree, we are a protestant country infiltrated by others of a different belief, try going to Saudi Arabia and telling them their beliefs are wrong, try hanging Mohammed from a stadium in their country, we should be the same, we are the majority and we can't not tolerate this bigotry against the people of our great nation

We need someone to go through their songbook and start picking them off one by one , I honestly don’t have a clue what they sing as I ignore it and don’t concentrate on on them, I am however quite willing to start being offended so the song gets banned.

There is a song that they sing, were they call us 'animals'.
Not sure if it's still played at the piggery but there's a fair chance that it is

Don't agree, we are a protestant country infiltrated by others of a different belief, try going to Saudi Arabia and telling them their beliefs are wrong, try hanging Mohammed from a stadium in their country, we should be the same, we are the majority and we can't not tolerate this bigotry against the people of our great nation
I have no idea how this reply relates to my post whatsoever.

One.

What are you talking about?
Go to Ibrox, sing Rangers songs, brilliant songs we have passion for, the billy boys is my favourite song, ah hate them wiith every fluid of blood in my body, in the 70's we used to have running battles every time we met, sang what we liked but now a wee song has upset some nobody, done us good to get it out our systems to be be 90 minute bigots, now we are examined as if it's new.

All I will say is this.

Given that we have already given up 'The Billy Boys' and the 'Famine Song' after a sustained media scrutiny, I would say that we are far more likely to ditch chants like those aimed at Steve Clarke than they are likely to ditch chants like those aimed at Kris Boyd.

Excellent post, That is exactly what has happened and will continue to happen as long as they have their patsy's in place through out the msm,government and scottish football.

We need someone to go through their songbook and start picking them off one by one , I honestly don’t have a clue what they sing as I ignore it and don’t concentrate on on them, I am however quite willing to start being offended so the song gets banned.
As much as it goes against our grain to go out our way to be offended. We must start to go down this route as it has worked so well for them and got them into the positions they now hold.

Time to fight back bears we have took enough, the dignified silence route is what has got us into this mess, time to start fighting fire with fire

59,200 religious bigots are already getting prepared to scream abuse at our manager next month.
Let’s see how the media and that anti sectarian crusader, Dorran condemn it.

Wonder what bike they will spew on wed directed at a former player at hearts , be just more banter

All I will say is this.

If they weren’t sung we could fight it and highlight the lies. We can’t do anything about them reporting a song being sung when it was sung. If a song makes us look bad then why sing it? Is it the singing of the song that makes us look bad or it being reported? We need to control what we can control.

If we stop and the mentally challenged tramps continue , the media will just ignore it.
We will then get frustrated and begin it again and then the media will conveniently have ears again..... and so on....

Catch 22 for us

It doesn't need to be. We need to cut the add ons out, the only thing they do is damage the club, and start highlighting every time they (and fans of all the other teams) cross the line. This is all stuff that we can do, as a support. If they want to talk about sectarianism, let's do it. Turn the spotlight back at them and stop shooting ourselves in the foot.

There’s one that goes something like “ Belfast Dublin cork and Donegal , soon there’ll be no Protestants at all “.

Nothings ever been said about it . That’s genocide promotion .

We need to start highlighting if they sing it. We have enough fans to stop these things being ignored/swept away.

We need to start highlighting if they sing it. We have enough fans to stop these things being ignored/swept away.
First we need to be in charge of any media outlet. We are not. So we must start one. Like they did with the National. Well they control all the press. But you get my drift.

If they weren’t sung we could fight it and highlight the lies. We can’t do anything about them reporting a song being sung when it was sung. If a song makes us look bad then why sing it? Is it the singing of the song that makes us look bad or it being reported? We need to control what we can control.
Aye exactly, what am saying is they can't, so they are going to be exposed, we have so many great songs to sing about our club, do they? Ah love they billy boys but ah can refraim, can they stop singing about the IRA, let's see?

All I will say is this.

But in all honesty, Why don't they go home?

First we need to be in charge of any media outlet. We are not. So we must start one. Like they did with the National. Well they control all the press. But you get my drift.

We just need to make our collective voices heard. You no longer need to have a media outlet for that.
We NEED to be organised.

Aye exactly, what am saying is they can't, so they are going to be exposed, we have so many great songs to sing about our club, do they? Ah love they billy boys but ah can refraim, can they stop singing about the IRA, let's see?
We have people desperately trying to get the club to somehow silence the media which is never going to happen rather than stop the add ins and harmful songs.

Aberdeen scum sing offensive songs as well, and nothing’s ever said.
The green and white filth can do what they like and receive no scrutiny at all.
Opposing fans of all clubs roundly boo the British national anthem, as well as Rule Britannia, and receive no scrutiny.

The only club the spotlight ever falls on is Rangers. Until that ends, they can all go and take a f**k to themselves. It is not anti sectarianism. It is nothing but agenda driven anti Rangers bias.

After DK's 'statement/apology' the club really need to call out others from now on in when they offend (and they will offend, oh yes they will).
Dave king has came out with that statement for a reason, next time Gerrard or any of our players others in the country are targeted I get the feeling king will be all over it

Guys I remember staying down south when either Arsenal or man Utd fans were singing about ira and they got slaughtered by the mp who was dealing with sport at the time along with others and the media ,as we are British this may be a route we could take a lot of young people from all over uk have lost there lives in the conflicts and there is no place in football for this bile
WATP

There’s one that goes something like “ Belfast Dublin cork and Donegal , soon there’ll be no Protestants at all “.

They added that line in at the start of the Soldiers Song Rod.

Guys I remember staying down south when either Arsenal or man Utd fans were singing about ira and they got slaughtered by the mp who was dealing with sport at the time along with others and the media ,as we are British this may be a route we could take a lot of young people from all over uk have lost there lives in the conflicts and there is no place in football for this bile
WATP

Personally, I think we want to try to open this up to a British issue & invite as many English in.
The guy Barry Glendenning (?) Got fired into English about misusing SGs comment on Clarke for example.

Aberdeen scum sing offensive songs as well, and nothing’s ever said.
The green and white filth can do what they like and receive no scrutiny at all.
Opposing fans of all clubs roundly boo the British national anthem, as well as Rule Britannia, and receive no scrutiny.

The only club the spotlight ever falls on is Rangers. Until that ends, they can all go and take a f**k to themselves. It is not anti sectarianism. It is nothing but agenda driven anti Rangers bias.
You’re making the mistake of thinking they want the songs to stop, they don’t. They are not offended by them. They want to use them to harm Rangers as much as possible and people are desperately trying to help them.

It's an add on to 'Roamin in the Gloamin':-

'North men, South men, comrades all.
Soon there’ll be no Protestants at all. “

And not one of the vocal, anti sectarian crusaders in the media or the SNP will say a thing about it.
They are not just keeping quiet about them they are on the side of the mhanky mob and actively go after us, these biased organisations should be exposed for what they are not doing
FARE don't report on the sporting wing of the IRA on any of their euro games when thousands are heard spoutng their bile regularly.
Nil by Mouth (Nil by Mhanks) the same these are organisations that are quick to embrace public funding but are biased and bigoted themselves in their reporting and punishing us and not the mhanks this is total discrimination and they get away with it unchallenged.

Personally, I think we want to try to open this up to a British issue & invite as many English in.
The guy Barry Glendenning (?) Got fired into English about misusing SGs comment on Clarke for example.

I'm sure the majority of supporters of the English clubs, (who the scum have played in 'friendlies' ) would have a similar view to ourselves - having witnessed their 'banter'

I'm sure the majority of supporters of the English clubs, (who the scum have played in 'friendlies' ) would have a similar view to ourselves - having witnessed their 'banter'
Exactly. And their media are much more objective & professional Graham.
Too right. They are hated down here by anyone unfortunate enogh to have witnessed their shite

unfortunately we will have to become as offended as them .
I have been saying this for a few years now. Problem is most bears I know couldn't be arsed expending that much energy just to get them into trouble.
I know I am not going to use my limited free time to constantly campaign against a football club I hate.
As has been mentioned before, they are a different breed and revel in it.

Every big game they have a banner with IRA connotations. Its gone unchallenged and unreported until now, so lets see what this scrutiny does....

Although they did hang effigies with no backlash so i won’t hold my breath.

Back