Bilel Mohsni wins £570k court case against Tunisian club ES Sahel

Bonnyloyal

Bilel Mohsni has been handed a £600,000 windfall to ease his unemployment pain.

The former Rangers defender recently revealed he has struggled to find a new club since leaving Dundee United in May.

But Mohsni has just won a court case against Tunisian club ES Sahel, who gave him a three-year contract in 2016 but dumped him after just one game.

The Court of Arbitration for Sport in Switzerland has now ruled in the centre-back's favour, ordering Sahel to pay him 2.1 million dinars - around £570,000.

Sahel sporting director Ghazi Ben Othmane said: "The club's board received a letter on Wednesday imposing this fine.

"We are in the process of considering the decision."

The Sousse-based outfit have also been threatened with a transfer embargo and ban from Africa's Confederations Cup if they fail to quickly cough up

North African media headlines read: "Jackpot for Mohsni" and "Mohsni to cost Sahel dear."

The centre-back claimed last week he was still paying the price for his 2015 clash with Motherwell's Lee Erwin, that saw him land a seven-match ban

JS64954571.jpg

Agreed. It’s astounding how far we’ve come when you think of the chancers we had back then.

I had a Spanish friend with me for the first leg at Ibrox and he told me after the game, quite honestly despite my obvious upset at the result, that he thought too many of our players were "no very good".

Understatement of the century.

Here's the thing as well - and I'm not talking about big Bilel specifically here - I think some of the players weren't actually *that* bad. However they suffered from a combination of thinking it would be a skoosh coupled to some utterly inept coaching and managing. I think if we'd got the latter right then things might have been a bit different. Whilst we were all clamouring for McCoist to build a team of wonder kids, actually - if we're being honest - building a team of SPL standard journeyman should have been more than good enough to get us up. The finger points regularly at McCoist (rightly) but guys who were SPL regulars - Boyd, McCulloch, Miller, Wallace, Black, Bell, Templeton, Zaliukas, Foster, Shiels, Law, etc etc...... should have been fucking ashamed of some of the performances that were turned in during that era.

IIRC, Mohsni carried the ball forward further than any other player that season. A horrendous condemnation of that team.
Typically his 'team-mates' were hiding when he was assaulted from behind by a no-mark who pretends to support us.
Utterly depressing times. Thank goodness for DK, the 3 Bears & Stevie G!

hahahah
Bilel Mohsni has been handed a £600,000 windfall to ease his unemployment pain.

The former Rangers defender recently revealed he has struggled to find a new club since leaving Dundee United in May.

But Mohsni has just won a court case against Tunisian club ES Sahel, who gave him a three-year contract in 2016 but dumped him after just one game.

The Court of Arbitration for Sport in Switzerland has now ruled in the centre-back's favour, ordering Sahel to pay him 2.1 million dinars - around £570,000.

Sahel sporting director Ghazi Ben Othmane said: "The club's board received a letter on Wednesday imposing this fine.

"We are in the process of considering the decision."

The Sousse-based outfit have also been threatened with a transfer embargo and ban from Africa's Confederations Cup if they fail to quickly cough up

North African media headlines read: "Jackpot for Mohsni" and "Mohsni to cost Sahel dear."

The centre-back claimed last week he was still paying the price for his 2015 clash with Motherwell's Lee Erwin, that saw him land a seven-match ban

JS64954571.jpg
hahaha my favourite.

Well done Big Fella!
For all that he wasn't the finest centre half that's ever played for us, for all his time here he really bought into being a Rangers player.
I went to a lot of official functions and fundraisers around that time and Big Bilel was at almost all of them and he was quite happy to go round the tables and mingle with the fans for as long as there were people there looking for a chat/autograph or photo and you could just tell he was loving it!
I've a lot of time for him and delighted he's now probably sorted for life!

Saved the day against Albion Rovers in SC at Ibrox equilising with a few mins to go , think about that one for a second before slaughtering the big fella.

Absolute hero. The way his "teammates" stood by that day is one of the darkest moments in our recent history. The only one who, quite literally, fought for the Jersey

Back