Bill Leckie article on Ibrox atmosphere has one small flaw

A very negative portrayal of a Scottish clubs result and of what they have done this season in conributing to the Scottish co efficient. Am not being petty but the club must take up articles which are as poor as this, written in a national Scottish newspaper and pull up the editors , it’s a joke of an article . That mob across the city wouldn’t allow this type of shit to be published and we definitely shouldn’t.

Another article that sums up what is wrong in Scotland. No praise for our achievements just another angle to try and put us down. Even mad joe would be embarrassed by that

He should be referred to as 'Bill Lackey'. It certainly applies to his character or lack of. Penning negative articles like the above (when Rangers are beating all and sundry in Scotland and Europe despite Covid and empty stadiums), would also indicate that he is servile to a certain person who controls the Scottish Football media from his power base in the East End of Glasgow.

'Lackey, a servant with little or no self-respect who belittles himself in order to gain an advantage. Such advantage is often assumed to be slight, temporary and often illusory'.

Vciz0nZ.png
This photo is the definition of the plural of the word c*nt

Ah Leckie. Not conceded a goal at home in the league since March I believe. Trying to be controversial to stay relevant methinks. Newspapers are dying. Stories like this is why.

A late consolation for Galatasaray the only goal lost, every single game won. What the hell is lonely Bill on about now?

Time for Bill to hand his typewriter over to a chimpanzee. The simian might not come up with the works of Shakespeare, but at least it would be better than the drivel the lonely one produces.

Last edited:
More noise Doon the Paisley Graveyard than you'd get at Bills local Ground .

Only "Buddies "he's got are 6 ft under definitely turning into a Walter Mitty.

He is just an out of date, lazy journalist. The question of how teams perform without a crowd and what influence it has makes for an interesting article. But somehow linking it to a group stage home win against a well-drilled team, is quite bizarre.

Similarly his criticism of us trying to play it out from the back exposes his complete lack of tactical insight into the game of football. There are clear tactical benefits to doing this if you analyse it, but I’d guess he thinks football is better when it’s just booted up the park for a 50:50 to keep possession.

What annoys me is not that his article is shit, but that he actually makes a decent living off producing this kind of stuff.

wow ...... scottish club has 5 games in europe has only conceded 1 goal in 5 wins so reporter moans about lack of atmosphere in a game that allows no fans

Never really though about it , but I'm going to quit my job and become a sports journo.

If you can actually get paid for writing something like this, it will be a piece of piss

Hi Bill

So Ibrox has lost its fear , so let’s examine the season so far.
How many teams have won at Ibrox?
How many teams have scored at Ibrox?
How many teams have had a shot on target at Ibrox?

Seems to me the fear is all yours.

Last edited:
The world is moving faster than ever into the online news era so why the F.uck have we still got Leckie, Spears, Keevins and Jackson still in employment? Timmy cheerleaders the lot of them. Just bugger off and retire we have read and heard enough.

Have pity folks, no fans means Leckie can’t just just rerun his Rangers ‘sectarian chanting’ article 6 times a season. He’s had to change whole paragraphs here to make it topical. Just don’t call him a journalist.

What a pile of garbage that article is - and what a damning indictment of the biased, negative Scottish sporting press (and I use that term very loosely) about a major Scottish success story. Driving the coefficient up and all that. The pathetic man actually gets paid to write that. Been said many times but if any Rangers supporter buys these rags they should be ashamed.

pathetic drivel from a pathetic waste of space desperate as always to scribble negativity about Rangers, 55 will destroy him and his ilk

Latest posts

Back