Bill Leckie article on Ibrox atmosphere has one small flaw

A whole lot of words to get his bullet point in

SECTARIAN

They are flummoxed at the moment. Can’t slag the team. Can’t flag the fans. Was only a couple of years ago we needed to spend 100million to catch the mighty Celts.

Turns out a 50 grand midfield, proper tactics and no Celtic crowd to influence referees was all we needed.

Could he not just save space and write "I hate Rangers" ?

A negative, mean-spirited diatribe perpetuating the sectarian myth and ignoring an impressive start to the season.

He even finds a downside to a beautiful goal - 'dozy' defending, a net-bursting header described as a 'nod' - and also claims Rangers missed the motivation from fans but adds they would have f*cked off early for the Subway and groaned with frustration in any case. (Not last night we wouldn't.)

Contemptible stuff.

Where do you even start with that garbage? Only in Scotland would such rubbish make it into print. Where’s his similar article on the filth who have lost their last 2 home matches?

Why are papers still a thing?

It has to be nothing more than habit. Reading a paper during a break, with a cup of tea and steel toecaps up on the bench has long passed. Even sitting in a canteen with a paper is alien to younger people now. If you work at a desk there’s a computer in front of you!

Buy a decent phone and the world is open, not just the irrelevant, biased propaganda coming from one fat, lonely source.

Nae bother salt and pepper heid. The fact he makes a living writing about the game in this country is utterly laughable. Even just reading the part where he writes about playing the ball out from the back, it almost gives you the impression he has as much knowledge of the game as some drunk in the stands.

I thought it was going to be a clever play on a headline. I was expecting to read the article and find the narrative that without fans Ibrox holds no fear for Rangers players.

%^*& me was I wrong.

What a bizarre article. Does any others country's' media try to actively destroy and ridicule their own national sport ? Mention Co-efficient er nope, 2 champ league spots secured er nope, possibility of a guaranteed champs league place er nope. Reading that I can only assume that Rangers must be the worst 'team' to ever win a game in the history of football, not sure what that must say about the opposition, unless Rangers only won as Lech Poznan had snuck off early to the subway along with everyone else. Feckin cretin.

The sad little drain shouldn't be anywhere near us, he's best laughed at.
He'll be out of a job soon enough when his comic rag dies.
No amount of negativity is gonna bring us down.
Hopefully the majority of us only get to see his shite if its posted on here.
55 is gonna kill them and they know it.
Happy times ahead Bears Happy times ahead!

That’s actually mad. So out of cync with reality. He’s gagging for us to drop points on Sunday.

I was a bit over the top with my criticism in the match thread. I've watched the game back and it was a controlled victory.

Cool, calm, controlled. Only poor decision making in the final third or a rash challenge that lead to a penalty could have cost us that victory.

This piece of "Journalism" though. I know that they hate us, want their team to win and want their drinking buddy to bring in the round, but fucking hell.

They don't like talking about tactics, they don't like talking about shape or adjustments, they don't like breaking down the game, nor talking about phases of the game. Simply put, they don't like talking about football. It's all about "Passion", "Scandal" and other buzzwords. The story isn't about football, it's about anything but football.

Look, our team prepare analytics, statistical breakdowns of games and write in-depth reports on every aspect of football you could think of. They're not going to read some half-baked hatchet job written by a half-wit, let alone be bothered by it.

Scotland get 2 Champions league places and are on the cusp of the co-eff top 10 based on our results in the last 3 seasons yet this is his choice of article? And they wonder why this media form is dying on its arse.

That pile of shite is up there with Jackson’s hatchet job on Alfredo
Football journalists that know fek all about football only in this shit hole country

I think somewhere in there he is trying to connect with fans who are frustrated they can't get to the football and roar the team to victory.

Unfortunately it is so poorly written all you capture from reading this is a deep sense of bitterness from Leckie who fails to accurately describe any passages of play or touch on the massive positives from another significant result in Europe for Rangers and Scottish football.

Leckie can occasionally write something worth reading when he is not submerged under that wave of bitterness. There was a possibility of a decent piece here but he ruined it.

He should stay away from writing about football.

What a bizarre piece to scribe!!!

Compare that to the turd polishing article in the Daily Record by Chris Sutton who feels Celtic have turned a corner because of a 2-2 draw

Mental

I was a bit over the top with my criticism in the match thread. I've watched the game back and it was a controlled victory.

Cool, calm, controlled. Only poor decision making in the final third or a rash challenge that lead to a penalty could have cost us that victory.

This piece of "Journalism" though. I know that they hate us, want their team to win and want their drinking buddy to bring in the round, but fucking hell.

They don't like talking about tactics, they don't like talking about shape or adjustments, they don't like breaking down the game, nor talking about phases of the game. Simply put, they don't like talking about football. It's all about "Passion", "Scandal" and other buzzwords. The story isn't about football, it's about anything but football.

Look, our team prepare analytics, statistical breakdowns of games and write in-depth reports on every aspect of football you could think of. They're not going to read some half-baked hatchet job written by a half-wit, let alone be bothered by it.
The print media haven't adapted their writing style. There isn't anything in depth about tactics etc or seem to understand or give credit for the way we've been playing by limiting teams to very few shots on goal.

If anyone hadn't already looked at it then The Athletic is worth a read. Tend to do deals and it was 12 quid for a year recently but not sure what it is now. You can get one month trial passes too.

The Rangers writer Jordan puts up really good quality stuff a few times a week - breakdowns on games, opposition, our players, tactics. They cover the EPL, north American sports, boxing, mma and probably some more.

I'm not on any sort of commission, but genuinely is much better writing than the crap the Daily's serve up.

Back