Bill Leckie: Morelos is a diddy

Another article that does not mention tactics, play on the field etc just has a pop at rangers

Easy money I suppose.

Do Scotland's sport journalists ever write equivalent hate pieces about Celtic players and supporters? I don't know because I don't buy newspapers. I suspect the answer is no.
The answer IS no

Sometimes they will have a wee concealed dig at Celtic so they can claim balance, but in the very same breath will say ‘but Rangers are just as bad’

It is actually embarrassing

Shite journos underselling our shite league gives us a shite tv deal because nobody wants to watch shite. And every journos team gets included in the penniless deal.

Could have had "Rangers second string dominate Celtic" but no...they go for "The top goalscorer in the Premiership is rubbish" and completely undermine the rest of the players in the league.

If you want to find some diddies, go ask David Bates where he left them after the game.

I’ve always said most Rangers supporters are more realistic about their team. We know we are a long way from being the finished article but just support our team. The filth on the other hand believe they are a great team which is partly because the press keep telling them they are.

I hope the press keep up the good work because we can all see that the gap is closing. Other teams now know they have a chance and get in their faces when they play them For too long we have sat back and let them play but we have now rumbled them.

Leckie's 'on message' with his colleagues here: turgid game, Celtic were tired, four successive clean sheets...exactly the pish Radio Scotland were spouting within minutes of the final whistle.

A more balanced journalist might have pointed out that Celtic have had for big games at home this season (CL plus us) losing three, drawing one and scoring one goal.

I have difficulty trying to understand the point that Leckie is making re Morelos ,the fans gave him 100% backing as he ran himself into the ground and battered the celtic defence in the process .Of course it would have been great if he had scored with the chances that he had but other than that he gave 100% .
What exactly did he want the Gers fans to do .I used to wonder why posters on here called St Mirren St Boo possibly this St Boo fan has answered that question for me

Haven’t picked up a tabloid for years and with articles like that, it’ll be a good few years before I pick one up again. Absolute tripe that is.

He wasn’t hailed as a hero after the game, he was praised for his hard work and efforts, and as young player, was given encouragement to return and take those chances next time. McCoist missed those chances many times but importantly, put himself in the positions to take the next chance. A strikers head can drop - especially missing those chances in an Old Firm game, but last thing we all need is getting on his back and letting his confidence suffer.

Seems like Rangers fans are the only fans in world football that get slated for supporting their team!

Bll Leckie--Seriously, the guy is an imposter. Another Lawell lickspittle. (Fud!)

Bill Leckie, the blind date veteran. Not because he arranges dates with birds he’s never met, but because he has to bank on them before blind if he’s ever to get a second date.

Useless spunk bubble. Morelos has made him (and a fair few here tbh) look very silly, very trigger happy and very impatient.

Bill Leckie, the blind date veteran. Not because he arranges dates with birds he’s never met, but because he has to bank on them before blind if he’s ever to get a second date.

Useless spunk bubble. Morelos has made him (and a fair few here tbh) look very silly, very trigger happy and very impatient.
He's probably got hairier palms than the abominable snowman!

Rangers fans hailed Alfredo Morelos like a hero even though he blew their chances of beating Celtic says Bill Leckie.

The striker wasted several opportunities to give his side the lead and the fact that Gers fans celebrated the draw like a league win sums up where they are as a club

By Bill Leckie

ANY other day of the season, a big-money striker misses two sitters that glaring and the fans are calling for his head.

Yet somehow, amid the myopic madness of an Old Firm slugfest, Alfredo Morelos swaggered off the Parkhead turf with Rangers supporters hailing him a hero.

They chanted his name as he argued with the ref over a foul.

Stood and applauded him when he was subbed like he’d just rattled a hat-trick.

You know, rather than being the guy who had blown their chance of winning one of these games, just for once.

Seriously. No frontman will ever step on to two better crosses, in as much space, with the keeper so helpless and a massive derby hanging in the balance, only to fluff his lines both times.

The first chance he maybe gets the benefit of the doubt on, seeing as Craig Gordon instinctively shot out a leg, and deflected the downward header for a corner.

But even then, he could have picked his spot.

But as for the second?

Sorry, but the Colombian’s weedy waft of the napper at James Tavernier’s defence-splitting delivery pretty much summed up the rank-rotten quality of this whole messy affair.
Let’s not mince words here.

The fact Rangers and their 7,000-strong travelling support still ended up celebrating a win that got away as if they had just clinched the league pretty much sums up where both these clubs are right now.

Celtic? They were roundly booed at the end of 90 turgid minutes.

By the time Brendan Rodgers led them on a leg-weary lap of honour, three sides of the stadium were already two-thirds empty.

The sense of anti- climax as a magnificent year ended in mediocrity was all-consuming.

Over to the right of the main stand, though? Party time.

A bouncing, bawling mass of defiance, the full get-it-up-ye bit, faces contorted as they stood on their seats, arms outstretched, or pushed up against the yellow line of cops and stewards to yell across no man’s land.

Quite how anyone could get that worked up about a football match this poor is beyond me.

But I suppose when you have been as far out of the picture as Rangers have for this long, and when you’ve become as accustomed to rolling teams over as Celtic have, success and failure become relative concepts.

As ever, you watch and listen as it all unfolds — the venom, the hatred, the over-reaction to absolutely everything — and it’s weird to not give a monkey’s who wins.
It never has been and never will be a day for neutrals, for even-handedness, for logic.

The reaction of those Rangers fans to Morelos says it all.

It’s like they were saying ‘OK, so he might be a diddy, but he’s OUR diddy — and that’s what counts’!

Maybe when they went back to the pub or to their living rooms and watch the replays they will have cursed him.

But in the moment, it’s all so tribal out there, so ferociously Us and Them, that even the normally-unforgiveable is defended to the hilt.For me, that’s why this fixture never really improves as an actual football match.

But then again, when did that ever matter to any of them?It’s a fair bet plenty who were there would only really get an idea of what happened once they watched it back.At the time, it’s just a frenzy, a blur, and in this case, that lack of focus showed itself as much on the park as it did in the crowd.

They say it gets so loud out in the middle players can’t hear themselves think.

Which maybe explains why so much of what they did was so bloody brainless, a morass of misplaced passes and hoofed clearances.

Celtic in particular seemed to be locked in some sort of sensory deprivation chamber where they couldn’t co-ordinate minds to feet, all their usual style and pace replaced by a tension, a lack of ideas.

A mental and physical numbness; their skins saved by Gordon’s stop from that first Morelos header and, before then, a flying tip-over to deny Tavernier’s volley.

Celtic are more than overdue a lull after the exertions of that 69-game unbeaten domestic run, the thrill of clinching the Treble in the first season under Brendan Rodgers, and the graft of getting to and then trying to stay in the Champions League.

They have already played 38 games this season, 61 in the calendar year, and have looked for weeks like the winter break couldn’t come quick enough.

Yet they have still signed off with four clean sheets in the wake of THAT 4-0 humping from Hearts.

This was their eighth Old Firm game without defeat and it was only the second time since Rodgers arrived that they have failed to score in domestic competition.

Put that into perspective against the fact Rangers gave it everything they had yet still couldn’t get over the line and you know for sure whose shoes you’d rather be in.

I can feel the pain oozing out of this article!, which is nice!

lol at Leckie, Mr. Personality Bypass himself.
Had yer hole yet, Billy Boy? :D

FFs,reading that again just shows the pain that this arse has any time he writes about us,not one word of praise anywhere along the line.Well gerritrightupye Bill,Rangers are on their way back and you better fkn believe it.

Where is Billy Boy these days, walking around Doncaster in the rain, all loved up an’ that?

Fat tosspot, that he is.

Well done whoever bumped this.

Bill Leckie is "self partnered".

When he's not running through the rain in his Converse, he's "self partnering". All day, every day .....

source.gif

The Scottish press in a nutshell - predictable and negative, and the reason sales are flatlining

I get better information from forums than these clowns

Leckie is the diddy and is even playing on McCoist's(?) quip about Mohsni in that he can't even think up his own shite.

Back