Bill Young claiming Jordan Jones to Gers

Jones plays left midfield as often as left winger. That could e.g. create a 4-3-3 left-side containing Barisic-Jones-Middleton. Not too bad.

Getting him for next to nothing and see whether he can rise to the challenge is a "risk" worth taking. It would not exclude signing one or two creative MF chaps either.

IMHO, Davis on e.g. a 6-months loan (when his contracts runs out) should be on the agenda too. Maybe a look at Dowell of Everton too.

Kamara ... can't tell. We've got Jack and McCrorie for his position, plus Rossiter and Coulibaly. The latter will be off next summer, Kamara's (23) deal with Dundee ends too. So both Jones and Kamara are young and not too expansive ... and, after all, if SG decides they are worth it, who are we to question that?
He might play LM in a 4 man midfield but he doesn't play LCM in a 3 which is where he'd need to play in the example you gave above. That wouldn't work for me. He'd need to be out wide or maybe playing off a forward.

Hope your well Oduwa

Do you think this new Southampton manager may put a stop to the Davis signing in January anyway? He played his as captain versus Spurs so he must like him. They are fighting relegation also. Davis for me would have to really push for a move for it to happen now. Shame because he is 100% the player we need right now.

From what I’ve heard, Jones is pushing this himself as he wants it to happen. No idea if we are interested or if he believes the more he tells people the better chance there is of it coming off!

We're well covered in that position.A decent left back and a creative midfielder would be a priority IMO

That's tae unsettle Killie and ourselves coz we both are up there challenging the mankies so the rumours start to cause ruptions at the clubs.

That's tae unsettle Killie and ourselves coz we both are up there challenging the mankies so the rumours start to cause ruptions at the clubs.
It’s hardly a revelation though after last season.

The fact he is a decent player proven at this level and is available on a Bosnan come January means the rumours are inevitable.

While I agree that centre mid and a number 10 are the priority it doesn’t mean we can’t sign others as well if good deals become available

Te tore the tims apart last season killie beat them at rugby park. Has some good tools in his locker, id be open to this one.

I think these 2 would be very useful additions Jones is a winger who looks to score goals & Kamara is very classy player on the ball both young enough to sell on for better fees.

Agreed,but Kent is injured and if it happens again we are struggling for wingers.
Still a no from me. Jordan Jones might be a decent player but he’s not a player that’s going to win us titles.

Bored of seeing people saying we should sign this one and that one from other SPL clubs.

If we look to challenge Celtic we need to be looking at quality not just players to make up numbers

It will be interesting to see how Jones performs tomorrow against the breasts - if he plays. It will be in many respects an audition.

A good performance would surely jack up Rangers supposed interest in bringing him to Ibrox. Conversely, if he is seen to have little impact on the game rumors of his joiningRangers will surely recede.

Story goes Jones has attended our recent European games as guest of club

Him & Glenn Kamara of Dundee

Both bosman targets & may look to do January deal if can sign them up

Blogged it on Nov 17th

As I said just a story but there it is anyway

Would be delighted if the Kamara one is true. I think he'd be a revelation

Story goes Jones has attended our recent European games as guest of club

Him & Glenn Kamara of Dundee

Both bosman targets & may look to do January deal if can sign them up

Blogged it on Nov 17th

As I said just a story but there it is anyway
The way its going Kamara might be a decent Coulibally replacement

Would someone not have noticed that these two attended our recent European games? Im also fairly sure that it would be frowned upon inviting employees of other clubs to our games as guests, it would be viewed as tapping up.
Always players of other clubs and coaches etc near us in MLF, never seen jones or kamara

Seen Jones about 8 times this season including today. Nowhere near good enough for us. Maybe the coaching staff see potential in him however he never beat a man all day today. His distribution was poor. A really likeable guy but I just can’t see what he will bring to the table.

A lot of snobbery in here.

For a winger who looks to beat his man and get a ball in early, there’s few if any better in Scotland.

We’d be mental to not take him on a free.
Is that all there is to being a winger? Bring back Gregg Wylde.

With no goals or assists all season ? Surely not.
I'll say it again. We need players who can turn the 0.0 to 1.0 or 0.1 into 2.1. Until then we will continue to come up well short.
Agreed.

A winger who rarely scores or assists, just what we need. Glenn Middleton currently has better numbers than Jones has ever had in his career, and he is 5 months in to his debut season as an 18 year old.

I saw his co tribution today in the first half hour and there was not much skill, just pace. When teams sit in and stiffle play, you need skill and pace.

Would be delighted with Kamara if true, tidy aggressive direct player, under our management team could be a great player

From what I’ve heard, Jones is pushing this himself as he wants it to happen. No idea if we are interested or if he believes the more he tells people the better chance there is of it coming off!
Guy who has season ticket next to me is mates with him and says hes desperate to sign for us.Not sure if he would be good enough for us I'll leave that for the football managers who are in abundance on here to decide that

Back