Billy Dodds “Four or five players today chucked it”

Who’s like us eh . Funny wee Dutch man like Advocaat can be belittled . Dr Jo is talking shit blah blah blah .

Yes it is classic Scottish Othering , no no not xenophobia not racism simply they are different and therefore the problem . the polar opposite of Enlightenment .

It might only be billy dodds this time but it endorses the prevailing culture of Scottish football broadcasts , almost certainly though a wider societal issue most often seen in its anti-English / anti-Irish versions .
Not sure it’s skin colour either, just an overblown perception of Scotland’s place in the world.
I can well remember when Scotland players were divided into Home based and “Anglos”.
When things went wrong the “Anglos” usually got it in the neck. They weren’t real Scots, no “wha’s like us” qualities and some of them, my God, even had English accents.
Guys with Scottish ancestry got it in the neck because of where they were born.
Its changed a bit now, because it had to, we’ve %^*& all else in the main.

And a dirty wee monkey faced bastard
I just don't rate him at all. The only players from them I'd have would be McGregor and Edouard, and even the latter wouldn't get ahead of Roofe or Morelos this season. Christie is Charlie Adam all over again

He's never had any work rate. Very talented on the ball but can't run the length of himself, hence Rodgers playing 6 in midfield to accommodate him.

He looked decent against Warburton and Pedro teams, but now he's playing against a proper Rangers team he literally can't get a kick against us.

Even the lesser teams have sussed him out now too.

Its the same with Foreign coaches, they get it from the first bad result but a Scottish coach gets much more time and they are a lot kinder on them.

I have seen bits and bobs of Celtics last few games and Brown is not putting the effort in, either because he is done or can't be arsed or potentially a bit of both. McGregor I have seen jogging back to defend when his team are behind. McGregor clearly has had enough and is sick of being played out of position, by the sounds of things and the rumours he didn't like him before he was appointed again.

I don't subscribe to the notion that professional players routinely down tools and simply don't try. Sure there will be isolated instances of this, but, in my opinion, they are rarer than a well balanced and articulate Yahoo.

I think their squad is totally devoid of confidence in themselves or their teammates and of belief in the coaching staff and manager. This type of situation manifests itself in performances on the park and can make it look like players are not trying.

Long may it continue.

I think the French striker has just been found out, he had one good season scoring goals in Scottish football and against the Andorra under 21’s his record in Europe is poor , woeful compared to Alfredos

Morelos scored more group stage goals in one campaign (6) than Eduardo has since he signed for Celtic in 2017

The season before last Morelos hit 30 goals

Eduardo hit 13

Eduardo is a good player but spare me the £30 million rated guff his stats simply don’t back it up , he was a one season wonder scoring only in Scotland hyped up by the mentally challengeds and and the usual media apologists to be worth something he clearly isn’t

Now he has 18 months left on his contract so his value has plummeted

I caught the second half of the County game on catch up, and as shit as they were, Rogic looked their best player, and El El Hamid was up and down the pitch the whole half (even though his deliveries were crap). The ones who looked disinterested to me were Ajer, Julienne and Laxalt. As a team they were shockingly bad.

I still can't see how julienne managed to give that penalty away.

When discussing them on Radio Scotland he said this and was in fairness man enough to name the players when pushed...

Ajeti
Edouard
Rogic
El Hamed
Ajer

Now this may be true and may be his opinion. But isn’t it funny how when teams players ‘chuck it’ they (pundits) always Pick the foreigners as examples and ignore all Scottish based players.

Its clear unconscious bias at best - ‘lazy foreign man’ claptrap.
It’d be racism in another world!

Talks pish.

For a start, Ajeti was trying his best to score; he far from 'chucked it'.

For me Mcgregor looks a shadow of the player he was under Rodgers. Even for Scotland. He went from being a technically sound player who went forward with purpose to being a deeper player who plays the easy pass.

Then you have Christie shooting from all angles. Is that not in a way another way of being lazy and not trying?

Brown just looks done from what little I have saw so far this year.
McGregor and Brown have regressed back to the level they were at pre Rogers, that goes for Forrest, Ajer, Rogic too, these guys were never world beaters but he got them to play above themselves somehow and they got carried away.

You could add McGregor an Christie to that list. Also, Scott Brown is done and should chuck it!

In fairness on the odd occasion I’ve seen them this season McGregor is giving it his best.

Been saying for years Brown is hopeless and they are worse for their blatant refusal to accept he’s not good enough now if he ever was.

For me, players like Ntcham are their biggest issue. He’s fine when he gets the ball in 20 yards space but as soon as he’s closed down he bottles it and concedes possession. They have no heart, no fight and very little quality in their squad and long may it continue.

They may well have regressed but it's also due to having players that look good against poor premiership sides and a rangers that were still rebuilding.
Scott brown being the obvious example as there's no way he would have remained in the celtic first team had he been up against a side as strong as we are just now he would have been dropped years ago.

if you watch the second half again, every time a celtic chance comes to nothing you can see edouard glancing at the bench as if hoping/asking to be taken off.

McGregor and Brown have regressed back to the level they were at pre Rogers, that goes for Forrest, Ajer, Rogic too, these guys were never world beaters but he got them to play above themselves somehow and they got carried away.
Lego at least has the excuse of being 35 and past it.

Edouard and Ajer both don’t want to be there, then Duffy and the goali are absolutely useless, expensive flops.
Plus Ajeti is a million miles away from being good enough.

Ajeti is apparently an absolute wanker in and around the club to staff etc. Not likeable at all.

When discussing them on Radio Scotland he said this and was in fairness man enough to name the players when pushed...

Ajeti
Edouard
Rogic
El Hamed
Ajer

Now this may be true and may be his opinion. But isn’t it funny how when teams players ‘chuck it’ they (pundits) always Pick the foreigners as examples and ignore all Scottish based players.

Its clear unconscious bias at best - ‘lazy foreign man’ claptrap.
Foreign guys that will be really up for turning it around after getting their cars pelted by missiles.

Any of them with half a brain will have been on their agent to get them away in January. Imagine what the hordes reaction will be in May if that is how they act losing their first cup tie in 35.

Kept saying the other day how 'angry' he was at the celtic players for not trying hard enough for 'wee Lenny'. WTF?

Why would Billy Dodds have such emotions about them? He's supposed to be an impartial commentator. Boak induncing mentally challenged gobbler like the rest of them.

Yip scored twice.

County played the kind of game we despise. Bed in, make no effort to attack, and just hope if the occasion arises they can score. That's what they did. Their plan worked.

The same master plan that Livingston, Motherwell, Aberdeen and all the rest of them try.
Bloody hell mate you sound devastated.

Really dont buy the players have chucked it argument. They are just in a rut, low on confidence and all over the place coz they constantly change system, formations and personnel.

Lennon is also up and down like a yoyo.

He also said he was furious watching the game because those players weren’t trying. An ex Rangers player furious at their poor performance, strange to say the least
Totally agree with you , he said he was angry ,
As far as I’m concerned he never played for Rangers . BBC whore

I don’t disagree with you but I suspect the overseas players are far less likely to work for someone like Lennon. I can’t imagine they’re used to such an aggressive bully.
He has none of the allure/respect of a Stevie-G, either. A total mess.

Ajer has had his head turned by Real Madrid & Barcelona tug of war over his signature

It's an easy get out, less chance of bumping into the foreign lads in the future.
It the common belief that the foreigners in general are only here to earn a move to the EPL so can be given a harder time than the harder working Scots who aren’t good enough to go anywhere.

I'm sure it will have been posted before but, Scott Brown on Sunday. no real relevance to the thread, just amusing!

Having watched most of their game on Sunday I watched that man being bossed and bullied by a 20 year old kid on loan, constantly in Lego’s face, nipping his ankles , all the sort of attributes that made Lego a hero to some in this shithouse of a country, I really enjoyed that karma, btw it wasn’t just him that he got in about, loved Kelly’s whole attitude towards them

Reactions: fmp
Back