Billy Gilmour loan.

Norwich dropped him for large parts of the season, he wasn't made a scapegoat he just wasn't playing well
They didn't really TBF, it wasn't that large a part, it was a smell spell when Farke was looking for someone to boot under the bus to save his arse.

Since then he has pretty much been a regular other than when playing Chelsea or injured.
Farke dropped him when the fans got on his back. Dean Smith gave him his position in the team back. Also he was out for a wee while with an injury. But aye he was crap.

No thanks. Would prefer to see Lowry get an opportunity rather than someone who will go back to his parent club.

Different types of player, and if Lowry is as promising as he looks we will struggle to hold onto him very long similar to Patterson, so we are in all likelihood developing these players for richer clubs down south one way or another.

wouldnt say so, i think gilmour is better at dictating play from deep, jack would be just as important as he is now , just offers different things.

kamara and lundstram are different players.
I think Billy Gilmour's future will be a loan in the EPL again and that could decide his Chelsea future.

Irrespective of whether or not I want Gilmour back, I don't think there's a cat's chance in hell of it happening.

Did we have a sell on clause when he left or was it freedom of contract?

If we bought him we would get a cut of what we pay ha!!

Im speaking nonsense before anyone jumps in…

Did we have a sell on clause when he left or was it freedom of contract?

If we bought him we would get a cut of what we pay ha!!

Im speaking nonsense before anyone jumps in…
He never signed a professional contract with Rangers as far as I'm aware.
I think I'm right in saying that Chelsea didn't need to pay us a penny but handed over £600k or thereabouts.

I’d take him any way we can get him, guaranteed he would be a million times better than Ramsey was. Can’t see it happening though unless it’s on loan. Maybe if we make the champions league group stages…

He’s the same age as Phil foden , who is a regular in that City team, if he is as good as everyone thinks he should be playing for Chelsea’s first team … they loaned him to Norwich, which really didn’t make sense as they were always gonna get relegated.. strange

I think the guys point is that kdb and Lukaku were both punted out of Chelsea aged 23 having barely registered anything, Salah the same aged 24.

Gilmour is only 20 and arguably has greater potential.
Gilmour has greater potential than De Bruyne ?

He’s the same age as Phil foden , who is a regular in that City team, if he is as good as everyone thinks he should be playing for Chelsea’s first team … they loaned him to Norwich, which really didn’t make sense as they were always gonna get relegated.. strange
He’s a year younger but I take your point. Can’t see him being a regular with Chelsea next year.

Only way I’d take Gilmour is if chelsea wanted rid of him and he came up here on a permanent basis in a nominal fee.

Not going to happen that way…

Honestly, the Lowry chat has gotten well out of hand anyway. By the end of the week he’ll be better than Zidane. Exciting young player and clearly has bags of ability, but the same could be said of many other players who really didn’t make too much of a mark in the end.

I’m sure Gio will look after him and allow him to progress is the best way possible though. But reading the forum almost makes it feel like he’s already done a Pele and bagged a World Cup final hat trick.
When the boy has off days, which he most certainly will, I hope everybody wanting the boy involved is willing to give him that space

I'm all for him being involved, just go easy on him though, when results. don't go our way.

H&H saying he will speak to Chelsea about his future but he is not looking to move on loan. He will either stay at Chelsea or move permanently at a price likely to be out of our reach
So there’s a chance ?

Come home young man….

If Tuchel doesn’t fancy him then he’d likely leave on a permanent deal, especially with the new loan restrictions and the ongoing ownership madness.
Be a £10-15m transfer surely especially down there, nothing for a Leicester, Everton,Southampton

Why can’t we play both ?
Would our support have the patience to let 2 young players develop together.First time we had a dodgy spell,both they and our manager would get it in the neck big time.
Anytime i seen Gilmore on the English highlights,he was nothing special in that company and couldn't get a start at norwich on a regular basis .
Lowry on the other hand has looked exciting in our team everytime he got the chance and it would be a shame if Gilmore jumped above him in the pecking order.
I think Lowry has a really big future ahead and he's just agreed a new deal ,unlike Gilmore who jumped ship

We used 39 players this season, and yet FF still thinks it’s a choice between this guy or that guy.

It isn’t a case of Lowry or Gilmour. You get the best squad you can. Imagine thinking like that then Lowry gets injured. Cover as many scenarios as possible.

H&H saying he will speak to Chelsea about his future but he is not looking to move on loan. He will either stay at Chelsea or move permanently at a price likely to be out of our reach
Good. Big fan of Gilmour but we've got our own players to develop.

Either buy him or loan with option for a fixed agreed fee. If we can do that, I don’t understand the objections.

Lundstram and Gilmour as the CDMs, Lowry a bit further forward. Works for me.

Jack still needed in squad but injury record means we can’t rely on him all the time. Davis probably done except for cameos if he stays. Poss end up selling Kamara and coming out £+ on it.

I’d honestly be tempted by a 3-4-2-1 next year.

All this talk of him coming back, dunno why he would want it when he supports them. If he becomes available they will offer silly money to one up us, and he’s more likely to want to sign there

All this talk of him coming back, dunno why he would want it when he supports them. If he becomes available they will offer silly money to one up us, and he’s more likely to want to sign there
He supports Rangers, just like his mum. But his priority is his career, not being a fan.

Can't believe after all this time there are still folk peddling this rubbish.

How much would Chelsea expect to get for Gilmour? Do they have a track record of getting good money for players in the final year of their contract?

They don’t even play the same role. Mental how many times this has been posted.
It’s getting ridiculous now , but I’m more worried about him stopping Mcrories route to the first team.
For me suits both parties he signs , no real loss for Chelsea signs 2 year ext chance to prove himself , punted after a year if doesn’t work out off a longer contract . But we won’t see him as much I’d like it to happen .

Back