Billy Gilmour loan.

Yes bossed. Came away with Motm.

To say he’s been “found out” is mental. Especially at his age.

When else would a player be found out if not immediately after his first few games once opponents have had a chance to analyse him?

It doesn’t mean he’s no use but Liverpool sat off him in that early game. When teams have pressed him aggressively they’ve success. You couldn’t do that to complete midfielders.

He’s a good player for Scotland and obviously has potential to improve but he’s not the game changing wonder kid he looked in that game.

When else would a player be found out if not immediately after his first few games once opponents have had a chance to analyse him?

It doesn’t mean he’s no use but Liverpool sat off him in that early game. When teams have pressed him aggressively they’ve success. You couldn’t do that to complete midfielders.

He’s a good player for Scotland and obviously has potential to improve but he’s not the game changing wonder kid he looked in that game.
how the feck can a player who is still learning and developing be “found out”… he will likely be a very different player in 5 years.

You’re off your head

how the feck can a player who is still learning and developing be “found out”… he will likely be a very different player in 5 years.

You’re off your head

I’m off my head?

You’re basing your assessment of a player on a game 18 months ago and ignoring everything that’s happened since then.

Dozens of players look great when they first appear, partly because opponents don’t know how they play, but quickly level off when opponents adapt. Only the very best get over that challenge.

He supports Rangers, just like his mum. But his priority is his career, not being a fan.

Can't believe after all this time there are still folk peddling this rubbish.
What annoys me more, is the fact they still post it, when they know fine well.

I’m off my head?

You’re basing your assessment of a player on a game 18 months ago and ignoring everything that’s happened since then.

Dozens of players look great when they first appear, partly because opponents don’t know how they play, but quickly level off when opponents adapt. Only the very best get over that challenge.
He’s still developing as a player. How can you suss someone who hasn’t even sussed themselves?

Bit unfair on Patterson.

He wasn’t getting a look in unless Tav got injured.

To get £12m for a kid who’d barely played for us with the opportunity of further add-ons to come was a terrific bit of business.
True but all he needed like any young player is to wait and seize his chance which would come.....now look at him and its sad to see, sits on the Everton bench and nearly lost his Scotland place due to not playing........But my opinion only.

Gilmour would be a good fit for us, unlike Norwich, which was a disaster of a decision all round, any side that spend most of 5he 90 minutes attacking would be enhanced by Gilmour.

True but all he needed like any young player is to wait and seize his chance which would come.....now look at him and its sad to see, sits on the Everton bench and nearly lost his Scotland place due to not playing........But my opinion only.
He's been injured for months.

My opinion is twofold:

Who would be play in front of? Lundstram? Jack? Aribo? etc

We have good young players of our own in midfield we need to bring on so why do someone else's job for them. I'd rather use Lowry.

Absolutely no one has a clue. The same as any of our other transfer "targets"
Correct but in this instance I'm sure someone who's related to him or knows people who are have said this is absolute fiction and not happening. No idea why the thread is still running :))

Cracking young player. If there’s any possibility of getting him back the club should be exploring it. I would be surprised if it happened though.

My opinion is twofold:

We have good young players of our own in midfield we need to bring on so why do someone else's job for them. I'd rather use Lowry.
Lowry is a different player completely.
Depending how Gio set up of course but Gilmour would play in a triangle 3 in midfield, a triangle that constantly rotates and recycles, he'd find himself more at the tip of it than the base (Jack).

Gilmour would fit in perfectly at Rangers, imagine his composure in tight situations and close control, especially in European games. He would be immense.

My opinion is twofold:

A bit like saying I'd rather use King.

They play in different positions. (As has been pointed out at least 20 times on this thread).

I’m off my head?

its not just that people suss them out. Football is a physically game and if your body isn't 100% then your performance drops. Playing top class football whilst carrying injuries and being stressed and worried about your future is a lot harder than being fresh into a team

Correct but in this instance I'm sure someone who's related to him or knows people who are have said this is absolute fiction and not happening. No idea why the thread is still running :))

Correct me if I'm wrong but the post he actually wrote, doesn't quite say that.

The move really does make sense, he needs a season playing where winning is only acceptable and he can get on the ball.

Bit like arteta and gio. Few years being booted about did them the world of good.

I think he has gone backwards as a player since his move South.

He has gone backwards this season for sure - Norwich was never a good move. He doesn't even stand out in a Scotland strip now - whereas when he came in he was the main man by some distance in midfield.

I suspect his next loan will be abroad - and it's probably the loan that will make him or break him.

Different types of player, and if Lowry is as promising as he looks we will struggle to hold onto him very long similar to Patterson, so we are in all likelihood developing these players for richer clubs down south one way or another.
Yep, as long as the club play in this Mickey Mouse league, losing our top young players is inevitable.

He has gone backwards this season for sure - Norwich was never a good move. He doesn't even stand out in a Scotland strip now - whereas when he came in he was the main man by some distance in midfield.

I suspect his next loan will be abroad - and it's probably the loan that will make him or break him.
Confidence is a huge thing in football and is very fickle. Norwich has definitely sapped confidence and not improved his game at all.

Next loan needs to be a success. He needs regular football somewhere he can flourish. Otherwise Chelsea will see no return in their investment at all.

We could provide that space. However don’t think Chelsea or the player will want that. He will want a EPL side. Think that is a mistake but think that is what will happen.

Ryan Kent signed a new deal with Liverpool and was immediately loaned to us.

I can see another loan move somewhere for Billy and eventual sale down the line. Chelsea are just protecting their asset here.

Of course Chelsea are protecting their asset.

I'll be very surprised if he makes it at Chelsea though. He'll be loaned out or sold this Summer. Thats not to say it will be to us though. It'll depend what offers he has from the EPL.

When you're being absolutely pumped and hardly getting a sniff of the ball every week, yes imo it's going to potentially regress a players development or at least have them standing still.
Playing the minutes he has in the prem and for scotland will have brought him on alot more than playing in our lowland league no matter if hes in the losing team or not.

To say hes went backwards from when he was in our reserves is mental.

Back