Billy Gilmour may go out on loan

Don't get me wrong mate, i'd take him in an instant.

But I think he will want to play either in the EPL week in week out or in Germany, Spain, Italy.

It'll be about the standard of league - that rules us out.

Would love to be proved wrong, but i just can't see it.
I agree,apart from the CL, what's he going to profit playing in this tin pot league, absolutely, it'd be great if he came back. Absolutely no doubt he'd make an impact and one wonders what might have been. I feel a bit gutted for Rangers and the fans that he didn't get his first contract with us.

I agree,apart from the CL, what's he going to profit playing in this tin pot league
Playing in Scotland supposedly toughened James Madison up.

Comes to us he plays for a team that is expected to win every game, is likely to have a run in either the Champions League or Europa League as well as the mentally draining matches against the coverups.

If the Scottish league is good enough for Laudrup, Gazza, Van Bronckhorst, Albertz, Mols etc then it's good enough for Billy feckin Gilmour!
If this was 1996 then I’d agree.
However time has moved on and if we were to take Rangers out of Scottish football you are left with shite.
In European football terms next season, I’ll bet we are the only Scottish team left in after November.
Our astonishing achievement of not losing a single league match last season has 2 sides or reasons for that.
1. We have a very very good team and management set up.
2. All other teams in our league are pish.

If we make CL group stages why not? He could potentially play 10+ European games and be involved in a title race. Much better environment to play in that in a relegation dog fight.

I wouldn’t rule us out.
Because the English watched how we played football at the Euros and realised that sending their promising star back to 1976 to play football won’t help his development.

I think he wants to prove himself in the EPL.

Personally, I think a loan move to Norwich would be great for him.

He should go to Germany or Spain and become even better
Add in Italy, Holland and France, even Portugal to lesser degrees and I’d agree.
It would be infinitely better for the player than coming to Rangers.
HOWEVER, I’m a selfish and greedy old qunt when it comes to Rangers so, I’d like him here, helping us to fifty-six and direct CL entry.
Then maybe we could by him!

If BG can help us win the league to gain automatic direct entry into the Champions League then a large loan fee would be worth it.

I can’t believe how negative people are being about him coming to us.

Coached by two of the best midfielders ever to play in England (Gerrard and McAllister), playing in Europe, playing in a title winning side, a side expected to win every week, getting regular game time, what’s not to like.

If we make CL group stages why not? He could potentially play 10+ European games and be involved in a title race. Much better environment to play in that in a relegation dog fight.

I wouldn’t rule us out.
How on earth is he going to develop versus St Mirren or Motherwell? And as for Europe.....no guarantees unfortunately. Cant see Chelsea going for that

Just read that, not much substance to the article, I think he should stay where he is, chances will come and I'm not sure a season with Norwich would help his development.
Problem is..,Chelsea with all their riches may not be the host for the young man to ply his trade. They have so much money that he will always be competing with a multi million pound signing. Harsh but he may never find his home there.
He's good enough right now that he shouldn't even be a loan consideration. I'm surprised he might be.

If he goes out on loan Chelsea will be asking a fortune for the year.Definately £5m+.
I'd consider paying a few Million for his loan fee . I think the Champions league reward would be absolutely worth the gamble (not really a gamble, wee fella is class)

If the Scottish league is good enough for Laudrup, Gazza, Van Bronckhorst, Albertz, Mols etc then it's good enough for Billy feckin Gilmour!
The Scottish league wasn't good enough for any of those players though, they were miles ahead of everybody else in the league. They came because we paid them silly amounts of money, not because they wanted to get better at football.

Norwich ffs. He’s better than that, even if it’s only a loan. They’ll have their usual relegation battle and go right back down.

I would prefer it not to happen great talent but we dont need a loan player playing 35 games who made the decision to leave anyway. We are in the position now where loans should be less frequent

We should be sending out on loan or developing our own youth players in the first team, rather than another clubs IMO.

Norwich ffs what a poor move that would be
Only a loan to develop him: he won’t be playing in the championship next season if Norwich go down. He’ll start most games and it’s EPL which is where he seems to want to be. Tuchel apparently likes Farke and trusts him with BG’s development. And might do BG some good to spend time taking responsibility for a midfield (as he did with Scotland the other day). I can think of more exciting places to play (for us for starters!) but it’s not that daft a move.

I have a long held belief that players going out on loan are done so as an insurance measure by the parent club. No manager really knows whether a player at, say, 18 will make it to the top of the senior game. It's a matter of getting a youth player minutes in the senior game at a decent level and seeing how he develops to the rigours of playing against senior pros. I realise BG is now 20, but the same applies. He's probably still too inexperienced to be trusted week in week out at Chelsea, but they want to hold his contract. Chelsea have been burnt a number of times by selling promising young players who couldn't quite make it into their first team regularly.

If Chelsea don't want a loan fee and if they will pay his wages then it is a no brainer that he comes back next season.

They could give him to us for free for a season if they feel guilty for getting him for so cheap.

If we have to pay a massive loan fee and his big wages then I don't think we should sign him, we would be better spending the money on signing a promising youngster who we can make money on by selling at a later day rather than loaning someone and having million evaporate into thin air.

But then some will say he might earn his massive loan fee and wages by helping us qualify for the Champions League, but that is a big gamble and probably not worth it.

Back