Billy Gilmour

A1bertz

Watching Chealse U18 now on Chelsea TV.
Kid looks to have taken a bit of a stretch and filled out a wee bit.
Very accomplished looking young player.

I hope we see this kid back on loan in a year or two.

Watching Chealse U18 now on Chelsea TV.
Kid looks to have taken a bit of a stretch and filled out a wee bit.
Very accomplished looking young player.

I hope we see this kid back on loan in a year or two.
I watch them a lot he I'd outstanding at times . One minute playing font of defence taking ball of them spraying passes. The n he's in attacking position passing killer balls this kid has everything. Work rate unreal would say he one of the best young player On there books. Would love to have him back at sometime.

My pal is a Chelsea fan.

They rave about him.

Some of the goals he’s scored and made are frightening.

Think he got a step up to the 20’s as well.

As good as he is, i still would eat my hat if he gets a regular game for Chelsea. I think he will be a premiership player but for Brighton, Bournemouth or Newcastle.
Chelsea, City,Utd very rarely bring through talent.

As good as he is, i still would eat my hat if he gets a regular game for Chelsea. I think he will be a premiership player but for Brighton, Bournemouth or Newcastle.

His game time for Chelsea is irrelevant, he will generate a healthy profit for the most as per Chelsea's current business model.

Going to be a very good player.

Shame we never got to see him play at Ibrox :(

I noticed the difference in height in him lately too. Apparently been training with the Chelsea first team a bit this year too and not looked out of place.

Could be the best player Scotland's produced in a long time. Just a shame we couldn't get a few seasons out of him first.

Hope we have decent add-ons attached to his sale.

I noticed the difference in height in him lately too. Apparently been training with the Chelsea first team a bit this year too and not looked out of place.

Could be the best player Scotland's produced in a long time. Just a shame we couldn't get a few seasons out of him first.

It wasn’t a sale. He signed his first pro contract with Chelsea and we got development compensation I think. There’ll be no sell on for us

And it's not enough.

There should be a FIFA / UEFA provision where the development clubs gets 5% of all future contract settlements ( transfer fee + contractual salary ).
They should be setting a limit on the number of players any club is allowed to have on their books at all levels.
Stop outfits like Chelsea hoovering up all the best young players for peanuts & punting them back out on loan.

Unless there's something I've missed here? his reasons for choosing Chelsea over us looked fairly sound and sensible to me - much as it hurts me to say that.

I doubt very much if we'll see him on loan - if he continues to impress he will have more attractive options to go on loan.

All we can offer at the moment is somewhere to "toughen him up" - roughly translated as the opportunity to be booted up and down the park by supporters of our East End neighbours playing for other SPFL clubs - and with minimal protection from referees to boot.

The trawler effect of clubs like Chelsea where they have dozens of players out on loan is a whole different argument but I can't criticise the player for giving it a go.

We had NO CONTROL over what happened. The boy wanted to go and the best we could get was a development fee.

Unless there's something I've missed here? his reasons for choosing Chelsea over us looked fairly sound and sensible to me - much as it hurts me to say that.

I doubt very much if we'll see him on loan - if he continues to impress he will have more attractive options to go on loan.

All we can offer at the moment is somewhere to "toughen him up" - roughly translated as the opportunity to be booted up and down the park by supporters of our East End neighbours playing for other SPFL clubs - and with minimal protection from referees to boot.

The trawler effect of clubs like Chelsea where they have dozens of players out on loan is a whole different argument but I can't criticise the player for giving it a go.
That’s a great post. I just don’t get why anyone would not want to see him do well. Billy had the opportunity of a lifetime and had the balls to take it, good luck to the kid.

And it's not enough.

There should be a FIFA / UEFA provision where the development clubs gets 5% of all future contract settlements ( transfer fee + contractual salary ).

Genuine question. Why do you think this could be justified?

Local company takes on an apprentice trains him / her up putting through college etc. At end of training apprentice ups sticks immediately and leaves for bright lights and more money elsewhere. In the non football world original employer get hee haw.

I think in economic terms our compo level was fair.

Who in there right mind would have turned down the same offer the kid had? As much as it pains me to say it, he made the right choice.

Good luck to him. The fact 95% of the fans can see he made the correct decision might just give us a chance of getting him back at the later end of his career.

Chelsea have a pathetic record in breaking their youngsters into the first team, this move was all about the money. Sad indictment of modern football a club would even have a business model like this.

No thanks, he’s had his chance, he opted for Chelsea, we know the reasons why and you can argue till you’re blue in the face, I don’t want to ever see him on loan here.
Isnt it strange that a young defenders just left rangers to go to hamburg and was slated because rangers wouldnt match what hamburg offered,yet little messi here is hailed e world class and people are hoping he is back at rangers on loan... he left for CASH

Let's be honest, the majority of us wish him well,just the odd fanatic that cannot see life beyond Rangers.
I would love to see the likes of Chester Perry as a 16 year old kid and given the offer of looking after his family and friends for life, or hopefully getting a shot under Warburton and not knowing if you would make it, i think a lot of us would do the same, you can always come back to Rangers , look at Alec Rae etc. good luck to him i say.

Isnt it strange that a young defenders just left rangers to go to hamburg and was slated because rangers wouldnt match what hamburg offered,yet little messi here is hailed e world class and people are hoping he is back at rangers on loan... he left for CASH

I genuinely don’t have any issue with any player leaving for cash and a better life, they then become none of my concern as soon as they leave Rangers.

Any single person on this board given the opportunity would stay at Rangers but that’s what makes them professional and us supporters.

What we’ll have is 10 years of, “is Billy Gilmour / David Bates coming back? “

No thanks. Out of sight out of mind for me, I want players who are committed to the club.

Let's be honest, the majority of us wish him well,just the odd fanatic that cannot see life beyond Rangers.
I would love to see the likes of Chester Perry as a 16 year old kid and given the offer of looking after his family and friends for life, or hopefully getting a shot under Warburton and not knowing if you would make it, i think a lot of us would do the same, you can always come back to Rangers , look at Alec Rae etc. good luck to him i say.

I was presented with that opportunity but not with Rangers, I’d have done anything at that time to get the move to Rangers but unfortunately it wasn’t to be.

I made the wrong decision then and never took the opportunity to move where I should’ve because of it.

Alex Rae was released btw so it’s an entirely different situation.

I wouldn't agree that it was all about money for the boy at all. By all accounts he has the potential to be one of the best this country has ever produced and he has went to a place where he will be surrounded by the best in the world at his age group.

He will become a better player in that environment than being here as a 16 year old making fleeting appearances in the first team where he would get %^*& booted out of him then back to his age level where he's miles ahead of everyone

He might be back for 1st Team experience over the next couple of seasons, before he goes on to play at a higher level?

Possibly but it won’t be at the level of superstar, then we are to be used to assist in developing a player for chelsea who have already shafted us in taking a talent away from us.

I say this as a chelsea fan and our youth policy sickens me at times. So many players have been discarded at 18/19, all be it with a few grand in the bank.

That’s a great post. I just don’t get why anyone would not want to see him do well. Billy had the opportunity of a lifetime and had the balls to take it, good luck to the kid.

Not only that, he’s the type that will go down there with the desire and work rate to make the most of the opportunity. Been back at a few of our games since he left, the reasons for moving were obvious and you can’t blame him.

Yet some regard chelsea as a friend.They knew exactly what they were doing.Some friend.

It’s business and it’s a shit way of doing business, chelsea have been screwing clubs up and down the country like this for over a decade and not one player has went on to have a lengthy career at Chelsea.

not sure if posted before but good little video of the facilities he's got at his disposal at Chelsea.

Shows he must be held in high regard if they are using him for the video.

The facilities are first class and the attention to detail there are really impressive.

Hope he goes on to have first class career.

It’s business and it’s a shit way of doing business, chelsea have been screwing clubs up and down the country like this for over a decade and not one player has went on to have a lengthy career at Chelsea.

Yip agree it’s buisness.But this ‘friendship’ is one way.

Yip agree it’s buisness.But this ‘friendship’ is one way.

there is no direct ties between the boardrooms and probaly never has been but the support are still together and there’s plenty of chelsea up today fornthe game, the vast majority without tickets, happy just to watch it amongst the Bears in a Bluenose bar

there is no direct ties between the boardrooms and probaly never has been but the support are still together and there’s plenty of chelsea up today fornthe game, the vast majority without tickets, happy just to watch it amongst the Bears in a Bluenose bar

Fair enough.Hope they enjoy it.Just look at the Chelsea support do you see many Rangers tops at their ground?It boils my piss watching young guys wearing chelsea or any other teams tops at Ibrox.Ive a soft spot for Arsenal due to family ties but I wouldn’t dream of wearing their top at a Rangers match.We have more in common
(Days gone by)with Arsenal but they are no friends of ours either now.

I don't think people should post Billy Gilmour updates or start threads as it just winds people up and ends up in arguments

Personally I hope the lad goes on to have a tremendously successful career :) but I doubt his career will have any impact on Rangers

The life he is living down their is incredible

Seeing him instagram shows what a different world the setup isdown there. no wonder he left us

Yup, we can’t compete on the money front but we should be doing everything we can to ensure our coaches and facilities are the best to give us a chance of convincing boys that staying with us is a good career move.

Hopefully as the club gets back on its feet, that can be the case

I agree with you. They have very good players out on loan throughout England and in other European countries. After Billy left us I genuinely have no interest in how his career progresses. He will, however, be a lot better off financially and that is what he wanted.

Back