Billy McNeil Quote "Open Secret" Daily Record

It would not change the point that I'm making.

I am not here to act as Stein's defence. I wouldn't dream of doing so.

All I am saying is that there's more guilty men over there than you'll find in a ghetto, and although Stein's actions mean that he is undeserving of the term "human being", those looking in will understandably see it as a one-man character assassination for reasons of jealousy. They will see it as petty and obsessive.

Without a doubt a Grade A bastard, but not the most powerful bastard, and by no means the bastard responsible for the biggest calls at that bastard club. What he did was unforgiveable, I'm sure you'll agree, but the way that Rangers fans have dealt with this has been as far away from even-handed as you'll get.

So many pieces of shit to choose from, but it's always the same dollop.

May he rot in hell, but just when is it the turn of Desmond White and the rest?

I think you underestimate the power Stein wielded at the piggery at that time. ...a figure very much in the likenesss of Liewell today.

I think you underestimate the power Stein wielded at the piggery at that time. ...a figure very much in the likenesss of Liewell today.
Not really about that.

I think Bears under-estimate just how much ordinary non-OF members of the public view the 25yrs of "Big Jock Knew" as being obsessive and based in Stein's achievements more than anything else.

Not looking to offer bawface a get out of jail free card, and I still regret the lack of trees surrounding the A74, but I honestly feel that non-football sorts and fans of diddy mobs feel that we saw the evidence coming in and reacted in a way that amounts to, "Oh, great, a chance to go to town on their greatest ever manager."

It's a point on how the Bears have presented themselves through the years, Many have done digging to help the victims and approached the case from a wide angle, but the numbers who've chanted "Big Jock knew" in an almost celebratory manner have got him off the hook somewhat, does our support few favours, and allowed a catalogue of c*nts to escape with full awareness and a transfusion's worth of blood on their hands.

By no means am I having a go at anyone specifically, but the Bears who deserve the most credit for their research will never get it from a media that instead seeks to let that mob off using the noisiest with the same song on repeat for decades. They portray it as the use of awful events for the purposes of character assassination. That is how they will prop up the fame of a man who should've been reduced to infamy, along with many, many others.

Certainly not disagreeing, but there could be any number of reasons Stein kept quiet. A wee deal to pay off gambling debts, blackmail for his alleged adultery. Both of which have been mentioned here many times before. With the back door turnstile money and the Trophy Centre directorships, is anything off the table.

Moot point though, still disgusting.

Im in my sixties and I played football against Celtic Boys Club. The rumours were rife surrounding them, everyone knew.

He pulled down the boys shorts and pants and was going to spank him, although I don't think he actually did spank him.

By today's modern standards that would be a sexual assault I believe but yes, it was nowhere near the type of abuse which Torbett and others carried out.
Its child abuse and he was the same as they pieces of sh!t if only Hibs had told us about him!

Back