Billy McNeils grandson

Sarahowen

I haven’t a clue how to import a tweet onto this post so if someone could it would be appreciated. Matthew McCombe has been missing in Amsterdam since 15/03. Matthew and his dad Charlie sit behind us in the West enclosure. I can’t even begin to think what they are going through. If you search @abfab_ox on Twitter that’s his cousin and copy her tweet here hopefully someone somewhere might remember something. Thanks

Just retweeted a post from his old man asking for people to spread the word. Hate seeing stuff like this that causes families so much pain. Pray for a happy ending somehow.

Heartbreaking for the family. Know Amsterdam quite well from where he was last seen on the Berlabrug heading towards Amstel station, for him not to show up on any cameras etc after the Berlabrug doesn’t look good unfortunately, right next to the Amstel river. Hope and pray the lad turns up safe.

Seen the appeals here in Amsterdam and in local English newspapers. Unfortunately, this is not the 1st one I have seen of this nature and most end tragically.

Not sure if it's the drugs etc in the Dam but is frightening how many young men (and woman) come here for a party and never go home. Most are drunk and out of it and fall in the canals which is bloody easy to do and others is just doing something stupid while high on the multiple offerings this city offers.

Disappeared over a week ago leaving his hotel at 6 am alone.
Hope he is found safe and well but the omens aren’t good.
Only 21 years old..

Disappeared over a week ago leaving his hotel at 6 am alone.
Hope he is found safe and well but the omens aren’t good.
Only 21 years old..

My hope is if he’s left his room at 6am he’s clearly an early riser so maybe out for a morning walk rather than it happening in the middle of the night where you’d fear drunk/drugs and those canals which are so easy to fall into if your under the influence . Two weeks missing though absolutely heart breaking wait for his family , cannot imagine what they are going through . Pray he’s found .

His mum is a personal friend of mine and this is a horrific time, was actually talking about his trip before he went we weren't sure of the flights etc
Matthew is a brilliant boy and devastated for his family. Matthew is actually a Rangers supporter which some people wouldn't believe not that it matters.

I just hope and pray he returns safe and well and if anyone does have any information please please get in touch.

Seen the appeals here in Amsterdam and in local English newspapers. Unfortunately, this is not the 1st one I have seen of this nature and most end tragically.

Not sure if it's the drugs etc in the Dam but is frightening how many young men (and woman) come here for a party and never go home. Most are drunk and out of it and fall in the canals which is bloody easy to do and others is just doing something stupid while high on the multiple offerings this city offers.

Agree.

I went to Hamburg a few years and specifically the Rheeperbahn,you could quite easily get taken in the night and no one would ever see what happened ,a more deprived place you'll struggle to see and a horrible foreboding sense of desperation hung in the air ,horrible place.

I hope this lad gets found but as other people have mentioned these things tend to sadly go one way ,

Agree.

I went to Hamburg a few years and specifically the Rheeperbahn,you could quite easily get taken in the night and no one would ever see what happened ,a more deprived place you'll struggle to see and a horrible foreboding sense of desperation hung in the air ,horrible place.

I hope this lad gets found but as other people have mentioned these things tend to sadly go one way ,
100% agree with this, total hell hole of a place.

Hope they find him. Thinks he's a rangers fan as well. Horrible situation.
His mother put out a tweet "to the "Celtic" family to look out for him and retweet. I would have avoided any football reference as everybody will want him to turn up safe and well, but it's now about 17 days, so not looking good.

Horrible for the family hopefully he turns up well missing for 2weeks got to admit does not look good for the family

Yip, I was there the weekend he went missing.

The railings have been removed from many of the canals to facilitate building works.

Must be absolutely horrific for the family and even worse that it's happened during a lockdown, they must feel so helpless. Hope the boy is found safe and well.

There's deaths every month of folk doing similar in Glasgow

Hopefully not the case here

Been re-tweeing the appeal every time I see it. I really hope he turns up safe, what a dreadful thing for his family and friends to go through.

Thanks Pp , I was looking at the avatar and imagining a 6/7 year old kid , still hope the lad is safe and well though .

No he woke up at 6am and went for a walk from his hotel and hasnt been seen since. Would suggest to me kidnap or something rather than falling in a canal. Every parents worst nightmare this .

Seen a couple of pictures on twitter that i assume are the night before and the morning in the elevator with the same clothes could he have been up all night partying?

strange also the cctv with him running in it

I also found it strange that he was running in the last cctv. Late to meet someone? Running from someone? If you are going to harm yourself I'd find it strange that he was running, I'd have thought you would not have a lot of energy with the dark thoughts?!? I hope the poor man is found safe.

His mum is a personal friend of mine and this is a horrific time, was actually talking about his trip before he went we weren't sure of the flights etc
Matthew is a brilliant boy and devastated for his family. Matthew is actually a Rangers supporter which some people wouldn't believe not that it matters.

I just hope and pray he returns safe and well and if anyone does have any information please please get in touch.
Please let us know if there is any news and it goes without say to tell his family that my thoughts and prayers are with them. I sincerely pray that the boy is found safe and well.

Back