Billy McNeils grandson

Been retweeting this for ages now. The boy is an acquaintance of my son

My boy went to Amsterdam 3 or 4 times between the ages of 18 and 21 and I couldn’t sleep any of the time he was away. Can be a very dangerous place for youngsters with the drink and drugs that a freely available. Canals there are so easy to slip into if not careful.

Hope Matthew is found safe and well. Horrible, horrible time for the family just now.

With the lock downs, there are few people on the streets now.
if the boy has fallen into a canal, with the boats all tied up, he might not be found for a while.

Been retweeting this for ages now. The boy is an acquaintance of my son

My boy went to Amsterdam 3 or 4 times between the ages of 18 and 21 and I couldn’t sleep any of the time he was away. Can be a very dangerous place for youngsters with the drink and drugs that a freely available. Canals there are so easy to slip into if not careful.

Hope Matthew is found safe and well. Horrible, horrible time for the family just now.
Same here, my son played football with Matthew when they were younger and we went on European trips together with them, as I said earlier Charlie and Matthew sit behind us in the west enclosure. We can only keep sharing everything on social media in the hope someone remembers something. Its heartbreaking what they are going through. Hopefully this all ends well.

It is such a shame, horrible that someone goes away on holiday and ends up in a situation like this and we're seeing it all too often. Really do hope they find the lad and he's just be unable to get in touch or unwilling for some reason but is OK, even to an extent as he has maybe hurt himself or something but alive.

As above, when it goes on for this length of time it's unlikely to be good news but fingers crossed.

I take it his phone or bank card haven’t been used?
If not it doesn’t look good.
Hopefully he turns up.

This must be horrendous for the family and given the lockdown strategy of many countries now, he'll be harder to locate if he's with someone.

Will be hard to keep this in front of the public with CV taking up all the bandwidth.....

His mother put out a tweet "to the "Celtic" family to look out for him and retweet. I would have avoided any football reference as everybody will want him to turn up safe and well, but it's now about 17 days, so not looking good.
It was probably because of the connection with Billy McNeil that made her put the “Celtic family” which I understand but I’d of left football out it. Hopefully he returns safe but not looking good

No he woke up at 6am and went for a walk from his hotel and hasnt been seen since. Would suggest to me kidnap or something rather than falling in a canal. Every parents worst nightmare this .
Jeezo ! Sounds very strange , the streets would empty I guess so probably no witness's about with all the covid19 stuff going on , hope he's ok though .

Due to the restrictions, lots of regular CCTV from private premises being unavailable for viewing.
Street CCTV no footage.

He left his room without his wallet and phone early morning. It doesn't look good. Hopefully he is found safe and well

my thoughts go out to the family, sending love, such a terrible situation. Under normal circumstances you’d have put money on him holed up with some gorgeous girl enjoying all that Amsterdam has to offer but it clearly has gone on too long. So sad, can’t imagine what the family are going through. :-(

Nice young lad
A real tragedy for his family, hope for the best that he has just done a runner or something, but you have to fear the worst as time goes on

Obviously hope he turns up well.

Billy mcneill’s grandson is a Rangers season ticket holder? Stunned at that.

Not seen for over 2 weeks. I really hope for a happy ending but history tells us what the likely outcome here is.

Every parents worst nightmare. i really do hope for a positive outcome but i fear the worst.

His mother put out a tweet "to the "Celtic" family to look out for him and retweet. I would have avoided any football reference as everybody will want him to turn up safe and well, but it's now about 17 days, so not looking good.

What a strange thing to tweet unless she's done an accompanying "Rangers/Football family" tweet to go with it...

At times like this, just get everyone on the case & prey that the poor boy returns regardless of what team the family or boy himself supports.

Back