Birmingham City and Union Berlin Friendlies announced

Was down in Birmingham for work 2 weeks ago for the first time in about 10 year. What a difference with regards to the city centre. Miles ahead of Glasgow and not as bad as it was in previous times round about the surrounding areas.

Still has its sholes similar to up here but overall more investment than Glasgow for sure. Shame that ones not the weekend.

Birmingham friendly lands on my Wednesday and Thursday off that week so might go to that. Trains from Montrose coming in at around £150ish, don't fancy a there and back trip on the same day with a supporters bus so might just go for the train.

The Brum city centre has spruced up a lot in the last 5 years - particularly around the Canal side and New St station.

It’s certainly a more attractive city centre than Glasgow.
You can guarantee someone will come up with an idea to keep Rangers fans away from the city centre like they did the 2nd time in Sheffield in that shithole of a nightclub.
The first time when we took over the city centre was class especially in walkabout.
Either that or some RSCs stop of away from Birmingham and roll up 20 mins before kick off.

For people coming down to Birmingham for the game. I’m looking to sort a bar out in the city centre for pre match.

Trying to sort a DJ and/or a singer.

Will likely be a ticket event so I can pay their travel and accommodation.

If anyone is interested please like this post and I’ll private message you when it’s closer to the time.

If anyone knows of any good and reliable DJ’s or singers please drop me a PM.

Union Berlin fans are weirdos, as is their friendship with St Pauli and their leftist political views etc.

They are a strange lot, they don't have a friendship with them on an Ultras front but definitely some segments are similar. Very contradictory Club. See many of them as hipsters myself who will take any opportunity going to paint themslves in a unique light.

They are a strange lot, they don't have a friendship with them on an Ultras front but definitely some segments are similar. Very contradictory Club. See many of them as hipsters myself who will take any opportunity going to paint themslves in a unique light.
They are like Partick Thistle fans on steroids.

Nauseating wanks.

Was down in Birmingham for work 2 weeks ago for the first time in about 10 year. What a difference with regards to the city centre. Miles ahead of Glasgow and not as bad as it was in previous times round about the surrounding areas.

Still has its sholes similar to up here but overall more investment than Glasgow for sure. Shame that ones not the weekend.

I lived in Birmingham for nearly 20 years, I can assure you it's an absolute hole of a place. The city centre especially.

I lived in Birmingham for nearly 20 years, I can assure you it's an absolute hole of a place. The city centre especially.
It’s half a shit hole in my opinion.

It’s getting better in terms of bars, shops, hotels and the train stations - but it’s very much let down by a lot of homeless and the areas surrounding it.

Much like any city centre tbh

For anyone booking a hotel for the Birmingham game, I highly recommend not choosing based on proximity to the ground. The local area is a complete dive. City centre is close by with plenty of options.

Went to the Euros and stayed in Sollihull.

Easy access to the game at Villa park.

As a bonus i met Benny from Crossroads. Paul Henry.

Was that a bonus? :))

Cracking fella though.

You can guarantee someone will come up with an idea to keep Rangers fans away from the city centre like they did the 2nd time in Sheffield in that shithole of a nightclub.
The first time when we took over the city centre was class especially in walkabout.
Either that or some RSCs stop of away from Birmingham and roll up 20 mins before kick off.
Yep, get down that canal area in town loads of pubs etc there.

Yep, get down that canal area in town loads of pubs etc there.
I lived in West Midlands 1971-1979 and went to a lot of good games at BC, Villa, Wolves, Baggies and Leicester. Spent the year before returning north working in Brum. Post the “friendly” between Gers and Villa the lads that were BrumC fans loved us but Villa guys strangely didn’t really feel the same!!
I know from lads I worked with then, that a lot of improvements and modernisation done to City Centre and beyond.

Birmingham is less than 2 hours drive from me but it's a midweek game so doesn't appeal.
Been to Berlin a couple of times before so will give that a miss also.

They allowed Hibs to do what they want in August when they were at Villa for the Conference League playoff so hopefully they will this time too.

Hotel booked in Brum, train down from Wigan, some great bars in city centre, worked in Wolverhampton for a year and had couple of good nights out there.

In- laws all brum bluenose ST holders. Looking forward to heading down there for a few days. Prob end up in the home end

That Birmingham thread is mental. Why are so many of them desperate to go on about Irish bars considering the history of their city?

Birmingham friendly lands on my Wednesday and Thursday off that week so might go to that. Trains from Montrose coming in at around £150ish, don't fancy a there and back trip on the same day with a supporters bus so might just go for the train.
Think that's same as me. Done bus to Sheffield but think an overnighter is more appealing now.

Glaswegians from Glasgow, actually living in the loveliness that is Glasgow, sniffily informing us that Birmingham is a dump...?

Seems harsh, no?

Was in Walkabout that day. Cracking afternoon. We were very well received by the locals, this won't be any different apart from the odd bitter.

Back