Birmingham recall Greg Stewart from Kilmarnock

He has been fantastic for Killie & you could spot a mile away that he was exactly the type of player that Clarke would manage to get to excel.

He is quick & has great technique which allows him to beat a player & unlock defences. Personally think he would be an excellent signing for us & would give us a goal threat perhaps from the right of the front 3 instead of Candeias. Clearly there is a risk that he might not step up but I think he has clearly shown he has the tools to do so.

Does anyone know the reason behind him being recalled?

I don’t have much of an axe to grind with Killie. Their Chairman abstained when the rest voted against us. They might have a shitey plastic pitch but they give us a good allocation and trips to Kilmarnock are never hostile. Good memories of us winning the title there too inside of 7 minutes.
Nicky Clarks last minute winner in the cup,we were in the main stand,4 seats away from that clown who does the YouTube videos.when we jumped up at the goal,he tried to taunt us by waving a sports direct bag, guy's a crackpot

I don’t have much of an axe to grind with Killie. Their Chairman abstained when the rest voted against us. They might have a shitey plastic pitch but they give us a good allocation and trips to Kilmarnock are never hostile. Good memories of us winning the title there too inside of 7 minutes.
Agreed. Plus, I’d rather they were strong enough to give the filth a decent game. Helps our cause.

I read the other day that Leeds are interested in Brophy. Hope their team get picked off this transfer window.

Kilmarnock fans blast chief Michael Johnston over newco vote after boycott threat from rival supporters

KILMARNOCK fans have apologised to Celtic – and begged them not to Bhoycott Rugby Park.

Killie’s Supporters Society are furious chairman Michael Johnston ignored their wishes and abstained from the vote that barred newco Rangers’ entry to the SPL.

Ayrshire fans fear the Hoops hordes snubbing trips to their ground will send their club to the wall.

And Barry Richmond last night revealed they have contacted Celtic fans’ chiefs to tell them they are just as unhappy with Johnston as Parkhead supporters.

Killie Supporters Society chairman Richmond said: “Johnston is manipulating the figures to back up his own stance and he is making us look like plums.

“We have already had to have this out with the Celtic supporters association and supporters’ trust to say our piece and they are on side with us thankfully.

Stoke City will play 'winning football' - new manager Jones' best bits

“They know it is not the Killie fans who wanted to vote yes. It was the chairman and it was all down to him.”

Rugby Park chief Johnston in RecordSport yesterday revealed his reasons for refusing to send Gers down. He claimed only 36 per cent of season-ticket holders and shareholders wanted a no vote.

But Richmond has rubbished that stat as he stressed to Celtic that is not the view of the majority of Killie fans.

He said: “Celtic are reading this stuff and they are up in arms. It looks like we voted for this but this misrepresents what we are saying again.

“We have already lost Rangers so the worst thing that can happen now is we lose Celtic. Then he goes out of his way to upset their fans. How is that looking after the company? It is not.”

Last edited:
He has been fantastic for Killie & you could spot a mile away that he was exactly the type of player that Clarke would manage to get to excel.

He is quick & has great technique which allows him to beat a player & unlock defences. Personally think he would be an excellent signing for us & would give us a goal threat perhaps from the right of the front 3 instead of Candeias. Clearly there is a risk that he might not step up but I think he has clearly shown he has the tools to do so.

I think you have answered your own question. He is a talented boy and Birmingham obviously reckon his return to form will benefit them. They will be picking up the bulk of his salary I would assume.

He has been excellent for them, not one that I want us to sign but surprised he can't get into the Birmingham first team or at least as a sub

This will force Killie to play JJ against us

Hope he doesn’t try a leg and they are forced to sell him in Jan to us

Stewart has done well for them so it’s a big blow

We need to win at Killie. It’s a cup game of sorts so it’s a must win game for us

We need to win at Killie. It’s a cup game of sorts so it’s a must win game for us

I don't, if Jordan Jones plays against us I would expect him to give 100% and play to the best of his ability.

We are not the scumbags over the other side of the city who expect players to not put in 100% effort for their current team just for their beastly benefit

Kilmarnock fans blast chief Michael Johnston over newco vote after boycott threat from rival supporters

KILMARNOCK fans have apologised to Celtic – and begged them not to Bhoycott Rugby Park.

Killie’s Supporters Society are furious chairman Michael Johnston ignored their wishes and abstained from the vote that barred newco Rangers’ entry to the SPL.

Ayrshire fans fear the Hoops hordes snubbing trips to their ground will send their club to the wall.

And Barry Richmond last night revealed they have contacted Celtic fans’ chiefs to tell them they are just as unhappy with Johnston as Parkhead supporters.

Killie Supporters Society chairman Richmond said: “Johnston is manipulating the figures to back up his own stance and he is making us look like plums.

“We have already had to have this out with the Celtic supporters association and supporters’ trust to say our piece and they are on side with us thankfully.

“They know it is not the Killie fans who wanted to vote yes. It was the chairman and it was all down to him.”

Rugby Park chief Johnston in RecordSport yesterday revealed his reasons for refusing to send Gers down. He claimed only 36 per cent of season-ticket holders and shareholders wanted a no vote.

But Richmond has rubbished that stat as he stressed to Celtic that is not the view of the majority of Killie fans.

He said: “Celtic are reading this stuff and they are up in arms. It looks like we voted for this but this misrepresents what we are saying again.

“We have already lost Rangers so the worst thing that can happen now is we lose Celtic. Then he goes out of his way to upset their fans. How is that looking after the company? It is not.”
What pathetic little club.

Didn't realise he was a free at the end of the season would have been a good option on our right hand side cutting in and shooting from distance

Have the poets been out in force yet accusing our manager of exerting his influence with a wee phone call :D

Absolutely pathetic.

Hahahahaha! Love it, that will have a huge impact on them. If we take Jones this month too they will end up fighting for top 6.

I would have went for him before Jones

Yeah, their chairman abstained but then their fans went fucking mental at him for doing so, then they begged the mentally challengeds not to boycott them because of it.
Fu(k kilmarnock.

FFS, how many times have people to be reminded of this?

We should sign Stewart then boycott those cunts.

He's a decent mid-table Scottish Premiership player and nothing much more, soon to turn 29. However, I'm glad he's left them, because he's probably been their best player. He's never really been given much of a chance down there, or hasn't made an impact when he has been given a chance, like so many other guys that look decent up here.
Seen him linked with a move to Sunderland.

It'll be the opposite.

Put yourself in his situation. He's got his future manager watching him up close. If it was me I'd be giving it everything.

I’m expecting Septic to start loaning out fringe guys like Morgan,Mulumbu,Johnston to your Killie’s,Hibs,Sheep etc.

Would not be surprised if this happens MrBrightside.

With the added bonus to the bheasts that they can only play against one of their championship contenders.

The majority of killie fans are utter thunderkunts. A few, usually masons or staunch Presbyterians, prefer to see us beat Celtic but they are fewer and fewer now

The majority of killie fans are utter thunderkunts. A few, usually masons or staunch Presbyterians, prefer to see us beat Celtic but they are fewer and fewer now

Funny you should say that I think it’s a generational thing rather than being masons or Protestants. I have a very old friend and some family who are Killie fans all would prefer us to beat them but the friends son is in his 20’s and the same as most fans of other Scottish teams I would say for him it’s anyone but Rangers.

Well mate to an extent the injury is a factor. But he's been fit for a long time and had chances. Not done it for me. Not shown me anything to get excited about. That's not just down to sharpness for me.

I hope to be wrong but Grezda doesn't fill me with confidence.

Based on what he's shown so far I wouldn't be confident starting him either so perhaps we're not that far apart there. But, I'm hoping that he's never really been fit, never fully healed after his injury and he's been unable to show us the real Eros. He's been too easily shrugged off the ball for an international player, I think that's because he's tried to come back before he's ready.
Guesswork? Guiltyo_O

I’m expecting Septic to start loaning out fringe guys like Morgan,Mulumbu,Johnston to your Killie’s,Hibs,Sheep etc.
Something we should be doing IMO!
Giving teams in our own league more options to take points from the rest, if they become regular starters it also disrupts their gameplan when playing us as they won't be eligible.

Something we should be doing IMO!
Giving teams in our own league more options to take points from the rest, if they become regular starters it also disrupts their gameplan when playing us as they won't be eligible.

We haven't build up a squad capable of doing that yet. Maybe rossiter? Maybe hardie? Other than that not many to go out on loan.

I think you have answered your own question. He is a talented boy and Birmingham obviously reckon his return to form will benefit them. They will be picking up the bulk of his salary I would assume.

Agree with this. He's turning in some good performances. I assume the Birmingham manager wants to see if he can transfer that form back with Birmingham. If we had a player out on loan getting the same plaudits Stewart has been getting we'd consider recalling our player too.

I always liked Stewart at Dundee and he’s done well at Killie.

Might be worth a punt on a Bosman, we don’t have the same depth on the right that we have on the left. If he’s not good enough, we can move him on for a fee.

Back