Bishopton

Matthewrfc92

Just moved to bishopton, seen a couple games in lorimers and one in bishopton inn. Anyone know where rangers fans tend to watch the game here, want a bit of atmosphere.

Hmmm, you'll get a mixed bag of responses, so I'll try my best

There is claims that Lorimers was being used now by the Hollicomplicit FC lot from time to time.

Bishy Inn was certainly pro us, but has apparently went downhill (not in terms of tims taking over). I haven't been in for a while now.

Erskine if you go there, you'll be fine in the Eriskyne lounge (Bears end) and should have a decent crowd in tonight

Hmmm, you'll get a mixed bag of responses, so I'll try my best

There is claims that Lorimers was being used now by the Hollicomplicit FC lot from time to time.

Bishy Inn was certainly pro us, but has apparently went downhill (not in terms of tims taking over). I haven't been in for a while now.

Erskine if you go there, you'll be fine in the Eriskyne lounge (Bears end) and should have a decent crowd in tonight

Thanks mate
Aye I’ve heard about it going hill but don’t find it to bad as it’s got a pool table, dart board and decent beer, and 5 mins walk from house. Can’t complain

Thanks mate
Aye I’ve heard about it going hill but don’t find it to bad as it’s got a pool table, dart board and decent beer, and 5 mins walk from house. Can’t complain

Bishopton Inn is for sale by auction. Didnt sell in last months auction. Probably why its going a bit downhill.

Bishopton Inn is for sale by auction. Didnt sell in last months auction. Probably why its going a bit downhill.

I thought the (rhabid) owners of Grill in the Park in Erskine had taken it over but my dad mentioned to other night he'd see it up for auction? They were putting an outside bar in last time I was in just before Bishy Day

Lorimer's pre refurb was always the more younger ground for the football, and a bit of boisterous on Old Firm days - but the Inn was always very good - they don't away with Sky Sports some years ago for a season or two hence Lorimer's being the only place. Since Lorimer's refurb they really seem to be trying to push back on the football crowd - they'll show it, but not as good as place now due to the layout.

I watched the Osijek game in Lorimers last season and it was packed and a good crowd - in saying that if that Essex looking idiot that's in, that always sits at the bar he'll try and give anyone in for the game grief.

I thought the (rhabid) owners of Grill in the Park in Erskine had taken it over but my dad mentioned to other night he'd see it up for auction? They were putting an outside bar in last time I was in just before Bishy Day

Lorimer's pre refurb was always the more younger ground for the football, and a bit of boisterous on Old Firm days - but the Inn was always very good - they don't away with Sky Sports some years ago for a season or two hence Lorimer's being the only place. Since Lorimer's refurb they really seem to be trying to push back on the football crowd - they'll show it, but not as good as place now due to the layout.

I watched the Osijek game in Lorimers last season and it was packed and a good crowd - in saying that if that Essex looking idiot that's in, that always sits at the bar he'll try and give anyone in for the game grief.

Aye a watched last old firm in the inn I gave my ticket to a charity auction and there was a power cut and ended up in eriskyne. Think I’ll give the bishy inn a go for easiness! If it’s pish I’ll walk to lorimers second half

Lorimers and Bishopton in general is mainly bears.

Lorimers has however turned itself into more of a family pub/restaurant recently and isn’t a football pub really.

If you cut through Linburn from Erskine to Lorimers it's easy done it twenty mins. Have walked that back road many a time pitch black blootered.

Eriskyne as said but, you'll be fine for sure in there if you can stand the walk

I will be in the Inn tonight usually a few of us from the Bishopton RSC watch the away games in there.
The place does need a good overhaul and is a potential goldmine with all the new houses.
I'm in the new houses 5 mins from the Inn do its probably too handy

Lorimers for years was packed with bears on old firm days but sadly a CSC has taken base there in the last year so I’m not sure what the balance will be now should still be Gers you wouldn’t get any bother regardless even with a couple them in there, bishy inn 100% will be bears, Eriskyne in Erskine is a Gers pub as the erskine bus leaves from there, just be sure to go into the lounge and not the Bar as that’s the Tim side !

Lorimers was always the place to be , would always go there after old firm games later on at night and was always Rangers fans there. Sadly now I have heard a Celtic bus now runs from there.

I'm a 2 minute walk from the Bish Inn. It's a dump, barely use it. Somebody could make a fortune from it if the done it well. Village badly needs a good pub that does good pub food.

Bus still picks up from both Bish Inn and Lormiers as far as I know.

Lorimers is probably still the go to pub for most bears in Bishopton.

It’s just unfortunate that the owners themselves have tried to push the pub towards a restaurant and less like a bar for watching football. It’ll still be pretty full for most rangers games though. Had some great days in there for rangers games pre refurb.

As for the hotel, it really just feels a bit of a dive now. Used to be a brilliant pub until it was bought by sizzling pub company and they destroyed it.

It got new owners about 6 months ago. I know beacause my mate was the manager at the tiem and he said it was total chaos and folk were getting let go left right and centre and he didnt know if he actually had a job from one day to the next. Luckily for him he managed to find another job. However when he ran it he did say it was mainly a Rangers pub and a supporters bus left from there although he did try and discourage any singing etc.

It got new owners about 6 months ago. I know beacause my mate was the manager at the tiem and he said it was total chaos and folk were getting let go left right and centre and he didnt know if he actually had a job from one day to the next. Luckily for him he managed to find another job. However when he ran it he did say it was mainly a Rangers pub and a supporters bus left from there although he did try and discourage any singing etc.

Yeah, I thought that it had new owners - the same ones that own Grill in the Park in Erskine, which is a scum pub (just look at the colours they use on their menus!) but my dad said the other day it was up for auction like a post on here.

They had DJ Cassie from Clyde at Bishy Day - and have went all "young crowd" by the sounds of it.

Jump on a train to Wemyss Bay. Station Bar, home to The Wemyss Bay and Skelmorlie Rangers supporters club.

You should be fine in Lorimers. Have mates who still go there to watch us on TV.

Inn/ Hotel was up for auction on Tuesday this week, I've not heard yet if its been bought. Now, no laughing at the back, but apparently the adverts stated "recently refurbished!!" Anyway, I'll be there tonight along with a few of the local RSC. Decent selection of beer, staff are helpful and courteous. And its 5 mins walk for me in "old" Bish.

I will be in the Inn tonight usually a few of us from the Bishopton RSC watch the away games in there.
The place does need a good overhaul and is a potential goldmine with all the new houses.
I'm in the new houses 5 mins from the Inn do its probably too handy

Aye am the exact same. The mrs was doing my head In so I’ve just left and got here now. :eek:

Inn/ Hotel was up for auction on Tuesday this week, I've not heard yet if its been bought. Now, no laughing at the back, but apparently the adverts stated "recently refurbished!!" Anyway, I'll be there tonight along with a few of the local RSC. Decent selection of beer, staff are helpful and courteous. And its 5 mins walk for me in "old" Bish.
This is an example of people not knowing how to run a business. That could be a cracking wee boozer but it seems like the owners dont know/care how to do it.

The Essex guy in Lorrimers, is that the guy who has a beard and a tan despite the fact he seems to spend 12 hours a day in Lorrimers? :D

Seen said essex idiot wandering about the other day with a Celtic jacket on.

Bishopton Inn no more. Now the Red Fox Inn. Reopened last night. Looks a vast improvement although not as good as it could have been.

Just moved to bishopton, seen a couple games in lorimers and one in bishopton inn. Anyone know where rangers fans tend to watch the game here, want a bit of atmosphere.

Inchinnan bowling club has plenty of bears in it to watch the games.

It’s the same owners is it not which I would imagine mean they’ll probably cater more towards the Tim’s

There isn't enough of them for that to be a sustainable idea.

It will continue to show both games I expect. I was last in for the Young Boys game. Was pretty busy with bears. There was 2 or 3 of that lot in waiting to get collected for their shitey bus. Bears easily outnumbered them. If they want to favour them and their small numbers then %^*& them.

This is an example of people not knowing how to run a business. That could be a cracking wee boozer but it seems like the owners dont know/care how to do it.

The Essex guy in Lorrimers, is that the guy who has a beard and a tan despite the fact he seems to spend 12 hours a day in Lorrimers? :D

Yeah, apparently family having something to do with Mar Hall.

It’s the same owners is it not which I would imagine mean they’ll probably cater more towards the Tim’s

Still Grill in the Park mob that own it? as just heard they had Cassie from Clyde do something for re-opening, same as they did Bishy Day - if so, it can go take a **** to itself.

I tend to just watch the games in the house these days since Bishy Inn and Lorimers demise - in Erskine Bracken not nailing any colours/no commentary, Grill in the Park being a Tim shop and the mix reviews on the Eriskyne (and the fact it's the other side of Erskine from me!)

Still Grill in the Park mob that own it? as just heard they had Cassie from Clyde do something for re-opening, same as they did Bishy Day - if so, it can go take a **** to itself.

I tend to just watch the games in the house these days since Bishy Inn and Lorimers demise - in Erskine Bracken not nailing any colours/no commentary, Grill in the Park being a Tim shop and the mix reviews on the Eriskyne (and the fact it's the other side of Erskine from me!)

Yes it is. Doesnt mean bears should avoid it though. It's right next to my house. Cant be having it turn into a tarriar slophouse!

being from the area , regular BINN goer every weekend , went for opening night and was really disappointed , taken away the goods parts of it and now seems like that mob are to ruin another pub . far too loud and flashy lights. Ersikyne lounge from now on , with a side of bracken. Refuse to give that mob any of my money

If you cut through Linburn from Erskine to Lorimers it's easy done it twenty mins. Have walked that back road many a time pitch black blootered.

Eriskyne as said but, you'll be fine for sure in there if you can stand the walk
pretty much every weekend from when i was 15 onwards, earphones in and the occasional stumble off the pavement when going through the part with no lights beside that creepy abandoned hut thing

Last edited:
Back