Bishopton

Still Grill in the Park mob that own it? as just heard they had Cassie from Clyde do something for re-opening, same as they did Bishy Day - if so, it can go take a **** to itself.

I tend to just watch the games in the house these days since Bishy Inn and Lorimers demise - in Erskine Bracken not nailing any colours/no commentary, Grill in the Park being a Tim shop and the mix reviews on the Eriskyne (and the fact it's the other side of Erskine from me!)
I don’t venture into the pubs all that often, but surely all the pubs in Erskine aren’t Tim pubs. I’ve lived here for about 8 years and I’ve seen no more than 2 or 3 Tim tips about.

I don’t venture into the pubs all that often, but surely all the pubs in Erskine aren’t Tim pubs. I’ve lived here for about 8 years and I’ve seen no more than 2 or 3 Tim tips about.
grill in the park is , eriskyne bar is , lounge rangers , bracken like lorimers is trying to become restaurant like , but most clientelle are bears

Dargavel isn’t helping with the amount of them about now, that many they have enough to run a bus, which was never heard of in Bishopton!
i know mate, skyne is my local for gers games so we leave from there. would watch OF's i wasn't going to at the inn. Place looks like trying to attract younger folk , i am young and much prefer pubs that actually are decent boozers , not wannabe night clubs where you cant hear yourself think. Our wee towns used to be fairly staunch

Skyne is fine for a run of the mill match.

But for a game v the bheasts and I don’t have a ticket, I’ll always try get to the Louden

If the owners of the Bishopton inn have there way they will be having the rats leaving from there in not to long!
I went there after we beat the tims at new year, place was mobbed and about 2 folk started a song, they actually shut the bar and wouldn’t serve anyone for about 30/40 mins, the whole place understandably emptied

I went there after we beat the tims at new year, place was mobbed and about 2 folk started a song, they actually shut the bar and wouldn’t serve anyone for about 30/40 mins, the whole place understandably emptied
My mate was working in Lorimers at the time and told me this , couldn’t believe it

Like a fucking nightclub rather than a village pub

Poster from on here right in the middle of it as well
As I’ve said mate a few posts above , should remember the folk that’s actually fucking financed the place the past year or two , feel alienated and will be crawling with folk even younger than me now

The Red Fox Inn?? (sweet Jeezus) Looks more like a gaffe you'd be firing down Jaegermeisters and Sambuccas.

As far as Bears go, I'd say it is the pub of choice. It might be run by Yahoos now but older Bears will recall Billy the Tim - who wore grey shirts that used to be white and the irritating Olivia. We've seen them all off.

This will be no different.

As I’ve said mate a few posts above , should remember the folk that’s actually fucking financed the place the past year or two , feel alienated and will be crawling with folk even younger than me now
Prince Andrew might pop in then!!!!
:)

When I was growing up you could go to Lorimers or the Bish Inn and they would both be filled with Gers fans. Always remember ending up in Lorimers after shagger saved samaras penalty, the place was bouncing that night.

When I was growing up you could go to Lorimers or the Bish Inn and they would both be filled with Gers fans. Always remember ending up in Lorimers after shagger saved samaras penalty, the place was bouncing that night.

Yup. Lorimers used to be great, only watched the Osijek away game in there since it's changed.

Trying to work out who @erskine bear is? Recognise a couple in that video, the baldying guy and who is is talking to.

I was involved in that, great night haha

Was in the Red Fox for the game on Thursday. If they try make it "tim" friendly they are bonkers. Place was rammed with bears. One daft tim came in wrapped up in his scarf to get their bus. Didnt get the reaction he was looking for and left sharpish.

Hopefully rammed with Bears again next Sunday for the cup final.

Tried the food last weekend totally underwhelmed. Won't be in for food again in a hurry but will still be in for drink with the bears.

miss the old bish inn, got to know the same faces without names on a friday night. Being 100 serious when i say i wont be back, tempted to get a social membership. Ive past my nightclubbing stage and Cba with underagers and flashing disco lights whilst not being able to hear myself think

Was in the Red Fox for the game on Thursday. If they try make it "tim" friendly they are bonkers. Place was rammed with bears. One daft tim came in wrapped up in his scarf to get their bus. Didnt get the reaction he was looking for and left sharpish.

hopefully but alot of the tims i know have been going now because of the new owners and there ambition to make it a grill 2.0, like when they took advantage of the bridgewater refurb

I was there to, at end of bar when that dafty came in, owner of the pub told him “put your scarf away stupit, you know exactly what your doing”

I was there to, at end of bar when that dafty came in, owner of the pub told him “put your scarf away stupit, you know exactly what your doing”

I didn't notice the owner say anything on Thursday, at first I thought they were in waiting this Dargavel Emerald CSC bus I've heard bout, and I thought the bar service was very patch at best - the bigger lad hasn't got a clue!

I didn't like the TV placements, although I'm considering going back tonight, has the larger TV been put on the wall like someone told me yet?

I'll avoid Sunday as am unsure of the clientele - Bishy was always blue so this is the first time I'd had to second think it.

I didn't notice the owner say anything on Thursday, at first I thought they were in waiting this Dargavel Emerald CSC bus I've heard bout, and I thought the bar service was very patch at best - the bigger lad hasn't got a clue!

I didn't like the TV placements, although I'm considering going back tonight, has the larger TV been put on the wall like someone told me yet?

I'll avoid Sunday as am unsure of the clientele - Bishy was always blue so this is the first time I'd had to second think it.

One of them stopped him at the front door and had a word.

Agreed about the TVs. They need one back above the fireplace.

Get in on Sunday. Cant let them take over

I think a few lads will be in tonight to watch the game.
I'm not sure if I will go in on Sunday my record so far watching games versus them in there isn't good:eek:

i've still not been back since it opened, how hard is it to keep a different boozer that isn't a nightclub. If i wasn't going to hampden on sunday not even sure id go to the INN

Decided not to bevvy during the game sunday, if we do the business, I might take a walk through to Bishy or just go to the Skyne

Aye he Defos said something because the owner told him to get off the pool table he was sitting on aswell.
not sure about big tv but yeh I know what you mean they are quite high up.
Think I’m at a mates house tonight or id have been round to! But Defos gonna be there Sunday

I used to live in Bishopton 40 something years ago. Used to go into a pub on the main road through which sold Belhaven seem to remember it was called the Golf Inn - am I imagining it ?

I used to live in Bishopton 40 something years ago. Used to go into a pub on the main road through which sold Belhaven seem to remember it was called the Golf Inn - am I imagining it ?
You are correct although the Golf Inn shut quite a few years ago and there are new shops where it used to be.

Back