Bit of calm needed

Brian11Laudrup

Today was woeful. First time where we’ve been rotten for 90 minutes under SG.

As he said himself, far too many passengers

Now we no longer go top if we win our game in hand unless the bheasts slip up

We have a favourable run of games. They have a few tricky away games coming up so hopefully they’ll slip up as well

We have no room for error now but calmness is needed IMO. Seeing folk claim well never win the title after one performance today is mental. Three weeks ago we beat that lot and everyone had us down as winning the league

Hopefully today is the kick up the arse the players need.

In years we’ve won the title we’ve lost games like today. We were never going to win every game until May, neither will the bheasts

Aye right terrible today and probably more to come and if I sound pissed off it’s because I am your talking pish

Going by our performances against Stranraer and St.Mirren which were poor, this kinda result was always going to happen.
Why is everyone so shocked.??

Six points this week......no less....sort it and get moving again,today was unacceptable,fix it.

It’s now 3 poor performances since the winter break so not quite knee jerk. It’s the fact that we are playing tactics that rely on a player that’s not available.
we were playing a team rock bottom of the league.
It’s the lack of options, strength in depth and activity in the transfer market.

If you’re expecting calm tonight then you’re more mental than the match threads

yes calm required
but we are allowed to criticise what we watched today
the team at bottom of league rag dolled us yesterday and that isnt acceptable
we were rotten against st mirren and the cup game wasnt eye catching
what did we do in dubai?

Football fans are fickle, one week we’re winning the league & today we’ve thrown it away.

it‘s a marathon not a sprint.

The reliance on Alfie and Tav has been startling. It's no coincidence that we have struggled since both players have been out. As @Clubeuropeloyal said we are still playing the game the same way as if they were both playing but JD is hugely different in his play and Flanagan is a more defensive player. We certainly weren't playing to JD strengths. Just a terrible performance all over the pitch.

I keep reading on here we should be calm, all very well and good, what about concern then? is that allowed? Given we have just been turned over by relegation fodder, the 5 points shipped to the worst team in the league would have us sitting pretty.

What is so galling for me is that no lessons were learned after the first game at tynecastle,they were playing crap but still ragdolled us for most of that game and we had tav and alfie in the side. I am no football manager but i would have known to beef up the midfield because it was going to be a battle and they were going to be better with players back from injury and new signings. The players and management are all to blame for that shambles yesterday,suck it up rangers and get some fire into our bellies, that title is there to be won.

I honestly can't be arsed with the hyperbole. The leagues won then it's lost on the back of 1 game. Both teams will lose more points over the rest of the season. Aye, Gerrard has made mistakes but he's done pretty well overall. It rips my knitting when I see Flanagan, Barker or Ojo coming on but there were several who shat the bed. The likes of Davis, Defoe & Aribo couldn't kick their own arse. When we seen the team line-up, Flanagan apart, it's the team most of us would have chosen. Concerning yes but not the end of the world ffs.

Last edited:
Yes both teams will lose points I am not concerned about yesterday it might be a blessing as Gerrard will hammer thrm today hopefully kick up the backside they need then another run of 16 games undefeated

We tend to do well after a sort of 'reset' in terms of bad performances, though how many more "kick up the arse" games do we need??

Take a step back and look at the season as a whole.

The players have earned our support going forward.

People are forgetting that we have played 3 more away games than the mentally challengeds.

It's a long season.

Looking for a bit of positivity from what was a poor performance, I'd add that Polster did his prospects of staying at Rangers no harm today. He was a big improvement on JF at right back and was one of the few I'd give pass marks to.
Polster has always looked good in the shport amount of gametime he has had, he should be p;laying more often, for tricky ties away to Hearts and Aberdeen there is a case for him or Edmundson to play in midfield and add some power and bite in there.

These are not the kind of games for pretty football.

In years we’ve won the title we’ve lost games like today. We were never going to win every game until May, neither will the bheasts
Agreed. We've played poorly since the break, hopefully this spurs us on. And you're right, we were never going to win out to end the season. Just need to go on another winning run now though.

Now we no longer go top if we win our game in hand unless the bheasts slip up

We have a favourable run of games. They have a few tricky away games coming up so hopefully they’ll slip up as well

We have no room for error now but calmness is needed IMO. Seeing folk claim well never win the title after one performance today is mental. Three weeks ago we beat that lot and everyone had us down as winning the league

Agree, we are only 5 points behind and if we win our came in hand we are only 2 points behind. It is not over, we can still win the league. We have to keep believing.

It's the opposite of calm that's needed. They need a rocket up their arses and left in no uncertain terms that yesterday was not acceptable. Need a BIG bounce now.

Sick of us giving way momentum to the papes at crucial times during the season and giving them the advantage.

The run in was never going to be easy. Hearts away was on paper our toughest game this year before we play the manky mob again.

That said yesterday's performance was not acceptable. St Mirren was poor too.

Convincing win required next to steady the ship.

It's all down to how we react after yesterday. Yes it was an absolute shocker of a performance from pretty much the whole team, but if we react positively to it we can still go on a good winning run. Eight games between now & the next OF game all of which we should be winning.

Reality is we can’t win every game and I’ve genuinely just had a much more reasonable conversation with a Celtic fan in work than half the stuff getting spouted on here.

the league wasn’t won when we were 2 behind with a game in hand and it isn’t lost now.

p.s he thinks they’ll drop points again before we do

We were lethargic while Hearts played with a high energy. That to me is unacceptable and you could see Gerrard was in a state of shock.
We’ve came back from Dubai with a poor attitude , it needs sorted pronto or we will be waving goodbye to 55 this season.

Calm us the last thing we should be.

Angry.
Determined.
Vengeful.

Calm means we accept the unacceptable.

Back