Bitterly disappointing

Awful performance, looked like the team were waiting for someone else to create a bit of magic. Lacked the aggression to dominate their opposite number and win the game. Fell for Brown's nonsense again, Kent, Alfie, Tav all got involved with him. It's what he wants, ignore the knob!!
Everybody looked like the weren't really concentrating.
The Lundstram sub seemed to be understood by the team as an instruction to drop off further and defend the last third.
In retrospect Sakala for Wright may have been a better way of closing out the game whilst maintaining the threat of pace in attack.
I'll be interested to hear Gio's comments.

They’ve also bolstered their team signing what 4 players? All their players rested and coming back from injury. We sat in 1-0 up against a poor aberdeen side and just launched the ball up to nobody. Be doing well to come out from sharkheid with anything sitting back like that.

The window isn’t closed yet.

You don’t know what impact their new players will have. Yes one of them scored yesterday. Doesn’t mean he won’t be like their Greek Eredivisie top scorer. Who knows.

We may sign more. The window is still open. We still have a better team than them regardless.

They have been chasing us for 18 months. The only time they’ve had a chance to go above us, they drew at home to Livingston

how many games have people been happy with the performance this season, not just the result ?

Very few positives tonight. Manager seems to be opting for sitting deep and hitting on the break but we were very wasteful when we did have the ball.

Is that how we're going to approach the game at Parkhead? It's going to be a difficult watch if so.
I have that fear too. We will not be able to keep sitting deep and inviting pressure on against them. Whether we like it or not they have players who can hurt us.

Really really poor tonight. They have to be the next team to drop points. If it’s up and the gap closes again, we’ll have a serious challenge on our hands.

Get a couple of bits of quality in over the rest of this month please Rangers.
We have a serious challenge. Because fools on here keep saying the yahoos are _____ ( ubiquitous Scots word to describe everything ), doesn't mean they are. We will need help from other teams and I am hoping they don't beat Hearts.

They have been pro- active buying players and are still strengthening, and it is obvious we need a few more bodies. Also, it is plain they have been aided by corrupt officiating which is never challenged.

Rangers will have their hands full at the piggery and hopefully we have at least a six point lead going there.

Good to see the winter break curse is back, if thats whats to come for the rest of the season we can kiss 56 goodbye. Garbage.
Jesus Christ man. You are a defeatist of the highest order. Hold your nerve and get behind the team, we still have the best squad of players in the league and believe in them to clinch 56.
In 1945 your service records would have been noted LMF ( Lacking Moral Fibre) In Gio We Trust.

I can handle an occasional poor game, it happens to the best of teams. What I cant handle is we were bullied all over the park.
Horrible.

Had a bad feeling about this game all day. Too many key players missing from midfield. Throwing Sands in to a game that's like a cup game was a big ask.
Same here. Went from looking forward to it for weeks to having the far all day.

First 5 mins the writing was one the wall.

Aberdeen made something like 200 more passes than us, that is embarrassing and should never happen.

Celtic have freshened up in both windows in every position. That means we will not win the league at a canter unlike many people's predictions when Celtic dropped a handful of points. I always thought this year would be decided on who takes the most points from the OF games.

We seem hampered by injuries just now but that will sort itself out over the next few weeks. We will probably get a couple of new players in before the end of the month as well to help.

Aberdeen made something like 200 more passes than us, that is embarrassing and should never happen.
Injuries and playing a new player in a traditionally difficult tie for us allowed brown and Ferguson to press a soft core.

I also felt our players were too far apart from each other allowing easy interceptions and misplaced passes. Wright failed to get close to hayes allowing him free space to hit cross field passes for the time he was on.

Browns antics and Clancy’s keeness to break up the game and award them fouls made for a difficult watch.

Some of the tactical stuff should be easy to fix and doubtless a Jack, Davis or Arfield would have helped. We really need a younger more robust midfielder to help impose our game.

When you have a blip in performance there is no need to rush for the panic button.Maybe a bit of analysis or a look at mitigating circumstances before going into Corporal Jones mode.
I agree on the night we played poorly as a team our passing was off and we didn't create many chances but you are going to get games like this throughout a season.
Aberdeen are on a run just now but like hibs they cheat their fans by turning up a couple of times a season against us.Even then they were relying on simple balls over the top and loading our box at free kicks but they never really created any chances and imo despite their possession we never looked in trouble.
Their goal came from a contentious penalty and the outrages decisions and non decisions by Clancy imo also had a bearing on the result.
We have the best squad in the league and I am sure Gio will prove to be the best manager in the league so let's have a bit of perspective stay calm and support the team.

Back