Bizarre Morelos article in the Daily Record

It's been going on from the start. Remeber Jackson's article on Morelos which was littered with snide references to the drug trade - 'imports', 'trafficked', 'smuggled', 'cartel', 'white lines' 'street value', 'Escobar' etc.
A genuine cretin is Jackson and that article proved it. I'm glad Alfie doesn't speak to them. His language is goals and that's good enough for me.

It's been going on from the start. Remeber Jackson's article on Morelos which was littered with snide references to the drug trade - 'imports', 'trafficked', 'smuggled', 'cartel', 'white lines' 'street value', 'Escobar' etc.

Exactly what would morelos benefit from going and speaking to them, he struggles with english and anything he said would be twisted, look how they acted with Pedro when he spoke good English

You know they're scraping the bottom of the barrel when said rhag can only have a go at Buff for not speaking English. Lol Imagine being a journalist and that's the best you can come up with, wasted years at Uni Gordon son if that's your lot. Let's hope come may Buff is sitting top on goals and we've the title in the cabinet. The frothing at the mouth from the bitter little basturds will be epic.

What an absolute shite piece. The sentence with “walked away” at the start just shows its negative shite
The Daily Record is a rag that will soon be bust and forgotten about in a few years.
Their wanker sports reporters will be serving you Big Macs in a few years

The sellick PR machine is really in full flow. This article is one of many recently pushing out negative Rangers stories. Scottish mhedia is infested with people whom write similar garbage. Presuming we can keep delivering positive results on the park, the frequency of this nonsense will increase.

Article by gordon parks

Ever since Daniel Candeias walked away from Rangers, the silence has been deafening.

Not a peep, not a word and not a clue how his best mate Alfredo Morelos feels about current affairs at Ibrox.

The departure of his pal and interpreter was a double whammy both on the right flank and for any chance of hearing from the Colombian striker.

There was a time last June when speculation was rife that the hitman had suitors prepared to fork out serious money to take Morelos elsewhere.

But there was Candeias, shoved out to speak on his team-mate’s behalf and insisting the Ibrox frontman was only thinking about Rangers.

He said: “This moment is for Rangers and he will only get better. We are good friends because Alfredo only speaks Spanish. He doesn’t speak English yet.”

The truth is there were secondary reasons why Morelos had to have a stand-in as his mouthpiece at that particular period.

There was a lack of trust, ongoing disciplinary problems and a reluctance to risk any further collateral damage by putting their biggest asset out front and centre.

It’s over two years since Morelos arrived in Glasgow and no doubt the language barrier has been a hurdle but El Bufalo (The Buffalo in English) has had plenty of time to become familiar with the lingo (slang for language).

Rangers already have the services of an on-site translator so let’s take the lack of English excuse right off the table.

Steven Gerrard insists he has no problems about getting Morelos up to the microphone to try and articulate his thoughts about a range of matters.

And to be fair, a media briefing under the watchful eye of club communication employees is a far cry from being plonked on a big black chair for an edition of Mastermind.

He even offered to go and get him a few months ago so the press could ask him ourselves whether he was happy to remain at the club. It proved to be an empty gesture as the silent one wasn’t forthcoming.

And why does this matter?

Morelos scored in each of the three league wins in September to take his tally to 14 in 19 appearances this season while Rangers led Celtic at the top of the table by two points until Saturday.

For his efforts he’s just been named as Ladbrokes Player of the Month and he was pictured with the sponsors trophy in most of the daily newspapers.

Hiding behind a lack of English or not, the man himself opted out of talking, doing a massive disservice to the sponsor and his fans who I’m sure would love to hear his views on his achievement and his thoughts about the club.

All good positive PR about how well it’s been going at Ibrox this term and his impressive start to the season. But nothing.

As a player, he has a responsibility to promote the club, whether it’s to sell tickets or highlight one cause or another. It’s an unspoken duty of the modern footballer.

Morelos may have a behaviour record which a monk would be proud of in recent months but surely that doesn’t mean he needs to continue his vow of silence

They hate him dont they?
That’s a joy to read as you can feel his pain and hatred in every single sentence, wonderful stuff

What a god awful piece of journalism ! No wonder papers are on their arse with irrelevant crap like this. Surprised even the Record even put that piece out.

Wow, what the feck is the point of that article other than to add to the long list of our Tim loving media having a go at our most valuable asset. The article really has no merit whatsoever, how it was allowed into print is astonishing.

No matter how the mhedia try to dress it up, the truth is they really hate Alfie.

Maybe he doesn't want to talk to the toxic media who have abused him verbally since he came here

The only time i care about hearing him speak in English is when he gas the league title in his arms shouting "champions" !

For any of the unintelligent scots who read the Record he has helped us in the translation El Buffalo is the Buffalo in English. Just for that info surely people should buy the record . NOT. So called journalist.

This “article” highlights what the SMSM are all about

Alfie is not a self publicising or attention seeking footballer

He just wants to play and score goals

A lot of footballers have big egos and crave attention and being in the spotlight

Alfie just wants to score goals and win games

The mhedia scum up here don’t deserve to interview him or ask him any questions as they show him no respect and up until now have only tried to paint Alfie as a South American nutjob and thug

The reality he has not once had a bad tackle in his Rangers career but they constantly go on about him being unstable etc

He did let Brown get under his skin last season and I hope he’s realised this petulant behaviour can’t continue and he’s been great this season

I actually think he’s bonded more with the team since Candeias left.

The gaffer hinted when he first came to the club there may have been small cliques with the foreigners and Alfie and Candeias were very close

Since Candeias has moved on I feel Alfie is more of a team player and looks a lot more happy on and off the field

All the training and pre match footage shows he is mixing well with his teammates and generally looks a different person this season

I hope he stays quiet and keeps on scoring

Phuck Gordon Parks and phuck the SMSM

They are vermin scum who protect the Paedo harbourers and enablers

With the reported interest in Alfredo from Aston Villa this type of article is designed to unsettle the player; designed to make him think “why should I put up with these continual gnat bites when there is an EPL club keen on me?”.
Parks is doing no more than pushing the mentally challenged agenda here in trying to weaken us as they know we are a serious challenge this season.

Every games a sell out. Why do we need Morelos to promote ticket sales?

This stuck out for me too, pulling out a load of cliched reasons why he should be talking to the press.
The over riding feeling I get from reading that is that they’re desperate for an interview and Buff has told them to fvck off.

I really hope that is the case

It does come across as a bit racists doesn’t it?
‘They come over here and take our money, and don’t even learn the language’!!
Actually pretty shocking when you think about it- 1970s Alf Garnet-esque casual racism.

This paragraph does not sit comfortably with me:

“It’s over two years since Morelos arrived in Glasgow and no doubt the language barrier has been a hurdle but El Bufalo (The Buffalo in English) has had plenty of time to become familiar with the lingo (slang for language).“

what’s that about?

Petty article, they cannot get at him for his on field behaviour, they cannot get at him for his goal scoring so this piece of shit journo decided his unwillingness to speak a foreign language in front of sneering alkies is a good enough reason to have a pop. What a sad individual this guy must be.

Actually pretty shocking when you think about it- 1970s Alf Garnet-esque casual racism.

This is not racism but merely a scum journalist making a non story into an issue( which he has done successfully judging by the responses) There are barely any real journalists left in the UK - I mean ones who will pursue real stories without fear or favour. The reason I stopped purchasing their dross more than 25 years ago. Parks is just another lazy arsehole doing his bosses bidding. No wonder sales are falling. Don't click on their websites either.

Alfie really gets to them doesn’t he. He was supposed to collapse after the piggery red card and disappear into obscurity, but he didn’t read the script and instead he stuck around to become the best player in the league and fire us to the top of the league, and they hate that.

Article by gordon parks

Ever since Daniel Candeias walked away from Rangers, the silence has been deafening.

Not a peep, not a word and not a clue how his best mate Alfredo Morelos feels about current affairs at Ibrox.

The departure of his pal and interpreter was a double whammy both on the right flank and for any chance of hearing from the Colombian striker.

There was a time last June when speculation was rife that the hitman had suitors prepared to fork out serious money to take Morelos elsewhere.

But there was Candeias, shoved out to speak on his team-mate’s behalf and insisting the Ibrox frontman was only thinking about Rangers.

He said: “This moment is for Rangers and he will only get better. We are good friends because Alfredo only speaks Spanish. He doesn’t speak English yet.”

The truth is there were secondary reasons why Morelos had to have a stand-in as his mouthpiece at that particular period.

There was a lack of trust, ongoing disciplinary problems and a reluctance to risk any further collateral damage by putting their biggest asset out front and centre.

It’s over two years since Morelos arrived in Glasgow and no doubt the language barrier has been a hurdle but El Bufalo (The Buffalo in English) has had plenty of time to become familiar with the lingo (slang for language).

Rangers already have the services of an on-site translator so let’s take the lack of English excuse right off the table.

Steven Gerrard insists he has no problems about getting Morelos up to the microphone to try and articulate his thoughts about a range of matters.

And to be fair, a media briefing under the watchful eye of club communication employees is a far cry from being plonked on a big black chair for an edition of Mastermind.

He even offered to go and get him a few months ago so the press could ask him ourselves whether he was happy to remain at the club. It proved to be an empty gesture as the silent one wasn’t forthcoming.

And why does this matter?

Morelos scored in each of the three league wins in September to take his tally to 14 in 19 appearances this season while Rangers led Celtic at the top of the table by two points until Saturday.

For his efforts he’s just been named as Ladbrokes Player of the Month and he was pictured with the sponsors trophy in most of the daily newspapers.

Hiding behind a lack of English or not, the man himself opted out of talking, doing a massive disservice to the sponsor and his fans who I’m sure would love to hear his views on his achievement and his thoughts about the club.

All good positive PR about how well it’s been going at Ibrox this term and his impressive start to the season. But nothing.

As a player, he has a responsibility to promote the club, whether it’s to sell tickets or highlight one cause or another. It’s an unspoken duty of the modern footballer.

Morelos may have a behaviour record which a monk would be proud of in recent months but surely that doesn’t mean he needs to continue his vow of silence

They hate him dont they?

Absolutely bizarre. Were Parks not a ***.

Alfie really gets to them doesn’t he. He was supposed to collapse after the piggery red card and disappear into obscurity, but he didn’t read the script and instead he stuck around to become the best player in the league and fire us to the top of the league, and they hate that.
This in a nutshell, they can't accept the fact we have such a brilliant player and its destroying them knowing he is getting better and better.

Just cant get my head round this

Alfredo left home as a boy(almost) to play in Finland,he did well enough there to attract JJ’s attention and obviously we signed him,he did all that without knowing Daniel Candeias so were the rhecord expecting Alfredo to go crying to the phress that Rangers have sold his mate,Alfredo understands how football works and that players move on and there is no way that DC moved without telling Alfredo what was happening because they were close friends (and probably still are)

A desperate attempt by the rhecord to unsettle Alfredo that some would see a Xenophobia

His performances are more than enough for me, dont need to hear him say all the standard pre match cliches. The people feeling entitled to interviews with him would be the same ones trying to take advantage of Morelos' lack of English for headlines

Spitting the dummy because the hottest property in Scottish football won't give him an interview. What an arsehole.

Morelos will go on and have a long and successful career as a professional footballer, and will be long-talked about in high regard amongst Rangers supporters (and more widely amongst other fans if they're honest). Parks' piece, on the other hand, will be chip wrappers in a couple of days, then destined for the bin.

IF we go on and win the league this year I'd love there to be a total media blackout from the club, beyond what they are contractually obliged to do. Leave all of the in-depth interviews and videos to their own media team and release them for free via the club's websites etc.

So Parks is also saying that Candeias was nothing more than a Rangers lackey, wheeled out to spout Rangers' rhetoric ? And Rangers "got rid" to silence Morelos ?

Agreed, stinks of casual racism:

‘Coming over ere, them Columbians, bloody Columbians, scoring all them goals! Not giving us comments to twist in our rancid rags. I wish they’d go back to where they came from and stop helping that Rangers an all!!’

Back