Bizarre Morelos article in the Daily Record

That is actually a pretty unbelievable piece from them, Morelos has knuckled down, been the consummate professional and done his talking on the pitch, still The Daily Record and their hack have a dig?

It’s morphed into a Celtic fanzine, there are real nasty undertones to that article too.

As a fan I am completely happy with Alfie promoting the club and the game by smashing goals into the net and celebrating with a big grin. Thats all the feedback i require. I would be extremely disappointed if he spoke to scum scottish pressmen.

what I see from that article is yet another attempt to try and degrade Morelos’s value because as you read at the bottom the ‘Morelos may have a behaviour record which a monk would be proud of in recent months but surely that doesn’t mean he needs to continue his vow of silence.’
That is the writer imo showing his frustration at having nothing negative to attempt to degrade and put off potential suitors about Morelos with regards to discipline as they have so far been irradiated from his game and his form has been outstanding so can’t pick Fault at that either, so no he goes after the one thing that could be seen as an issue if he is looking to get a move down south him not being able to speak our language a pathetic attempt from the Liewell media machine to continue to keep the negative press on our fantastic player Morelos you only need to look at the latest negative press on his Columbia outing to see the agenda, but if and when he does leave us won’t be leaving cheap like so many others in the past few years have. Personally I want him to remain as long as possible but we all know Morelos wants to get a move to the EPL at some point so we just have to appreciate him for as long as he remains at our club.

The bile really is coming out now, the likes of Parks and English can’t wait to spot any shoite, no matter how big a lie they are.

What the %^*& is going on with this paragraph:

It’s over two years since Morelos arrived in Glasgow and no doubt the language barrier has been a hurdle but El Bufalo (The Buffalo in English) has had plenty of time to become familiar with the lingo (slang for language).

It's unusually terrible, even for a journalist.

The product of a pathetic halfwit desperately trying his hardest to convince himself and others like him that he is in fact multi-lingual and witty.
Are all reporters in the mhedia talentless weirdos?

Last edited:
He doesn't need to learn english.

The lad speaks goals. Add the fact his behaviour has been exemplary this season ramps their hatred up even more.

Sorry if i’ve missed it and it’s been said, but i’m pretty sure Nakamura didn’t speak one word of english in the few years he was at them, any peep from the press about that? Nah didn’t think so

That is a bitter hatchet job as you can do on a player .They really can't hide their hatred
Or their fear, the shit that passes for the media in this country really are the pits.
The majority of these mentally challenged loving scum long for the day Alfie leaves Rangers, that's how sad these rancid bastards are.

Patronising to translate El Buffalo and Lingo ?

What sort of journo does that ?

Quite clear what both words mean !

Best of it is, Alfie’s English has improved massively this season and he starting to speak it more regularly with other players. Parks wouldn’t know that though. Fanny.

How Jackson came away from that utterly tasteless, stereotypical drivel is beyond me. Scotland always kids it's self on and portrays itself as a progressive country but then shows itself up for what the country really is like by letting articles like that get printed. Jackson is absolutely not fit for purpose along with the agenda driven pish that the record pollute our streets with.

The fact that fat gobshite is seen as some kind of journalistic godfather figure illustrates just how bad the problems with this county’s media are.

Fat waste of space

What a sad, sad man a quick name search shows you exactly
Article by gordon parks

Ever since Daniel Candeias walked away from Rangers, the silence has been deafening.

Not a peep, not a word and not a clue how his best mate Alfredo Morelos feels about current affairs at Ibrox.

The departure of his pal and interpreter was a double whammy both on the right flank and for any chance of hearing from the Colombian striker.

There was a time last June when speculation was rife that the hitman had suitors prepared to fork out serious money to take Morelos elsewhere.

But there was Candeias, shoved out to speak on his team-mate’s behalf and insisting the Ibrox frontman was only thinking about Rangers.

He said: “This moment is for Rangers and he will only get better. We are good friends because Alfredo only speaks Spanish. He doesn’t speak English yet.”

The truth is there were secondary reasons why Morelos had to have a stand-in as his mouthpiece at that particular period.

There was a lack of trust, ongoing disciplinary problems and a reluctance to risk any further collateral damage by putting their biggest asset out front and centre.

It’s over two years since Morelos arrived in Glasgow and no doubt the language barrier has been a hurdle but El Bufalo (The Buffalo in English) has had plenty of time to become familiar with the lingo (slang for language).

Rangers already have the services of an on-site translator so let’s take the lack of English excuse right off the table.

Steven Gerrard insists he has no problems about getting Morelos up to the microphone to try and articulate his thoughts about a range of matters.

And to be fair, a media briefing under the watchful eye of club communication employees is a far cry from being plonked on a big black chair for an edition of Mastermind.

He even offered to go and get him a few months ago so the press could ask him ourselves whether he was happy to remain at the club. It proved to be an empty gesture as the silent one wasn’t forthcoming.

And why does this matter?

Morelos scored in each of the three league wins in September to take his tally to 14 in 19 appearances this season while Rangers led Celtic at the top of the table by two points until Saturday.

For his efforts he’s just been named as Ladbrokes Player of the Month and he was pictured with the sponsors trophy in most of the daily newspapers.

Hiding behind a lack of English or not, the man himself opted out of talking, doing a massive disservice to the sponsor and his fans who I’m sure would love to hear his views on his achievement and his thoughts about the club.

All good positive PR about how well it’s been going at Ibrox this term and his impressive start to the season. But nothing.

As a player, he has a responsibility to promote the club, whether it’s to sell tickets or highlight one cause or another. It’s an unspoken duty of the modern footballer.

Morelos may have a behaviour record which a monk would be proud of in recent months but surely that doesn’t mean he needs to continue his vow of silence

They hate him dont they?
The fact that fat gobshite is seen as some kind of journalistic godfather figure illustrates just how bad the problems with this county’s media are.

Fat waste of space
Absolutely spot on. The sooner these rags go away the better.

How many of the mentally challengeds squad don’t speak English and therefore don’t communicate with the media?
There’s a hint for next weeks shite piece Gordon.

Clearly an attempt to unsettle Alfie. Or at least an attempt to get an interview with Alfie so they can unsettle him.

The stench of fear just gets stronger with every article.

if I won it and speak perfect English,I too wouldn't speak to them,especially that rag!

Article by gordon parks

Ever since Daniel Candeias walked away from Rangers, the silence has been deafening.

Not a peep, not a word and not a clue how his best mate Alfredo Morelos feels about current affairs at Ibrox.

The departure of his pal and interpreter was a double whammy both on the right flank and for any chance of hearing from the Colombian striker.

There was a time last June when speculation was rife that the hitman had suitors prepared to fork out serious money to take Morelos elsewhere.

But there was Candeias, shoved out to speak on his team-mate’s behalf and insisting the Ibrox frontman was only thinking about Rangers.

He said: “This moment is for Rangers and he will only get better. We are good friends because Alfredo only speaks Spanish. He doesn’t speak English yet.”

The truth is there were secondary reasons why Morelos had to have a stand-in as his mouthpiece at that particular period.

There was a lack of trust, ongoing disciplinary problems and a reluctance to risk any further collateral damage by putting their biggest asset out front and centre.

Rangers already have the services of an on-site translator so let’s take the lack of English excuse right off the table.

Steven Gerrard insists he has no problems about getting Morelos up to the microphone to try and articulate his thoughts about a range of matters.

And to be fair, a media briefing under the watchful eye of club communication employees is a far cry from being plonked on a big black chair for an edition of Mastermind.

He even offered to go and get him a few months ago so the press could ask him ourselves whether he was happy to remain at the club. It proved to be an empty gesture as the silent one wasn’t forthcoming.

And why does this matter?

Morelos scored in each of the three league wins in September to take his tally to 14 in 19 appearances this season while Rangers led Celtic at the top of the table by two points until Saturday.

For his efforts he’s just been named as Ladbrokes Player of the Month and he was pictured with the sponsors trophy in most of the daily newspapers.

Hiding behind a lack of English or not, the man himself opted out of talking, doing a massive disservice to the sponsor and his fans who I’m sure would love to hear his views on his achievement and his thoughts about the club.

All good positive PR about how well it’s been going at Ibrox this term and his impressive start to the season. But nothing.

As a player, he has a responsibility to promote the club, whether it’s to sell tickets or highlight one cause or another. It’s an unspoken duty of the modern footballer.

Morelos may have a behaviour record which a monk would be proud of in recent months but surely that doesn’t mean he needs to continue his vow of silence

They hate him dont they?

Not really sure what that article is actually saying?

El Bufalo (The Buffalo in English) - thanks for that!!

I genuinely hadn't heard of this guy before so I googled him, and these were the headlines that popped up immediately. It's fuckin ripping out of him

Celtic boss Neil Lennon's classy gesture that helped Ian McCall transform his life

The Celtic balance sheet AND teamsheet should send shock and awe through Scottish football

James Tavernier's failure to face the music showed Rangers captain lacks leadership qualities

How often do you see Sergio aguero in front of the cameras?

The sheer hatred and vitriol towards Alfie is a disgrace

I hope when he lifts that league trophy above his head he gives them an interview of 3 simple words

FU.CK THE PRESS

giphy.gif

A shit ex player who has become a shit journalist, writes a shit article for a shit newspaper.

no real surprises is there?!

the level of journalism in this country is disgusting

what’s the point in the article other than to have a dig?

Sorry if i’ve missed it and it’s been said, but i’m pretty sure Nakamura didn’t speak one word of english in the few years he was at them, any peep from the press about that? Nah didn’t think so
Morelos does speak english. Ive seen a live stream on his instagram last season. Very good english might i add

What a bizarre article. If anyone wants to see how happy or unhappy Alfie is at Rangers should look at his goal celebrations, or the celebrations of goals from his teammates such as Barasic winner v St Mirren or Defoe's goals as Alfie is on the bench.

He looks like someone desperate to leave doesn't he? Na me either

No surprises their from an rag off a newspaper. Greatest young prospects to hit Scottish football in a few years . Just plays in the wrong shirt and wrong end off the city..

They can’t hammer him for his disciplinary record so now they’re going after him because of his lack of communication. Xenophobic pish.

Does any other player in Scotland get abused for not talking to the mhedia? No, thought not. They are a disgrace, looking to create a story out of nothing simply to destabilise Morelos himself and the progress Rangers are making. Not that it’ll make any difference whatsoever. Gerrard has a thicker skin than that and presumably Morelos won’t be able to read their pish anyway if he’s struggling that badly with his English. The pricks didn’t think that through did they? :))

That article is an absolute disgrace. The only people who care about whether he speaks to the media are not are the reporters. They're utterly irrelevant to me and I'd imagine most others.

With nonsense like that is it any wonder why their circulation is down 12%?

Write about football for a change jesus wept.

No surprises their from an rag off a newspaper. Greatest young prospects to hit Scottish football in a few years . Just plays in the wrong shirt and wrong end off the city..

Yes indeed. It’s a certainty that if, perish the thought, he played for the other mob, all we’d be reading about would be his charitable work back home, his blossoming international career with the stars of Colombia and the multiple £40m bids from clubs fighting over him.

But no, he plays for Rangers so the agenda is entirely negative.

Back