Bizarre Morelos article in the Daily Record

He isn’t even talking to our own media team, which tends to suggest that he isn’t confident speaking to anyone in English.
But of course they will try and turn it into a story.
There's a half hour video on RTV which is brilliant the media have ignored it.
Alfredo has started his own foundation back in his home town for kids wanting to progress in football. The media ignore that too.
How many Celtic players have started their own charity in the last 5 years? I've no idea but I'd bet its hardly any.
We must continue to show Alfredo all the love and support him on social media.
The press hate him for no apparent reason why would he want to talk to them.
#teamalfie

Alfredo all you need to learn when talking to the media is too words - fu ck and off.

A bitter and hatefilled article.

I sort of agree that they dont deserve to be allowed into Ibrox but i think that would just make the made up headlines even worse
the day late rebel has got away with it for decades its time it got its final nail, time those that still buy this toilet paper woke up

Article by gordon parks

Ever since Daniel Candeias walked away from Rangers, the silence has been deafening.

Not a peep, not a word and not a clue how his best mate Alfredo Morelos feels about current affairs at Ibrox.

The departure of his pal and interpreter was a double whammy both on the right flank and for any chance of hearing from the Colombian striker.

There was a time last June when speculation was rife that the hitman had suitors prepared to fork out serious money to take Morelos elsewhere.

But there was Candeias, shoved out to speak on his team-mate’s behalf and insisting the Ibrox frontman was only thinking about Rangers.

He said: “This moment is for Rangers and he will only get better. We are good friends because Alfredo only speaks Spanish. He doesn’t speak English yet.”

The truth is there were secondary reasons why Morelos had to have a stand-in as his mouthpiece at that particular period.

There was a lack of trust, ongoing disciplinary problems and a reluctance to risk any further collateral damage by putting their biggest asset out front and centre.

It’s over two years since Morelos arrived in Glasgow and no doubt the language barrier has been a hurdle but El Bufalo (The Buffalo in English) has had plenty of time to become familiar with the lingo (slang for language).

Rangers already have the services of an on-site translator so let’s take the lack of English excuse right off the table.

Steven Gerrard insists he has no problems about getting Morelos up to the microphone to try and articulate his thoughts about a range of matters.

And to be fair, a media briefing under the watchful eye of club communication employees is a far cry from being plonked on a big black chair for an edition of Mastermind.

He even offered to go and get him a few months ago so the press could ask him ourselves whether he was happy to remain at the club. It proved to be an empty gesture as the silent one wasn’t forthcoming.

And why does this matter?

Morelos scored in each of the three league wins in September to take his tally to 14 in 19 appearances this season while Rangers led Celtic at the top of the table by two points until Saturday.

For his efforts he’s just been named as Ladbrokes Player of the Month and he was pictured with the sponsors trophy in most of the daily newspapers.

Hiding behind a lack of English or not, the man himself opted out of talking, doing a massive disservice to the sponsor and his fans who I’m sure would love to hear his views on his achievement and his thoughts about the club.

All good positive PR about how well it’s been going at Ibrox this term and his impressive start to the season. But nothing.

As a player, he has a responsibility to promote the club, whether it’s to sell tickets or highlight one cause or another. It’s an unspoken duty of the modern footballer.

Morelos may have a behaviour record which a monk would be proud of in recent months but surely that doesn’t mean he needs to continue his vow of silence

They hate him dont they?
Article by gordon parks

Ever since Daniel Candeias walked away from Rangers, the silence has been deafening.

Not a peep, not a word and not a clue how his best mate Alfredo Morelos feels about current affairs at Ibrox.

The departure of his pal and interpreter was a double whammy both on the right flank and for any chance of hearing from the Colombian striker.

There was a time last June when speculation was rife that the hitman had suitors prepared to fork out serious money to take Morelos elsewhere.

But there was Candeias, shoved out to speak on his team-mate’s behalf and insisting the Ibrox frontman was only thinking about Rangers.

He said: “This moment is for Rangers and he will only get better. We are good friends because Alfredo only speaks Spanish. He doesn’t speak English yet.”

The truth is there were secondary reasons why Morelos had to have a stand-in as his mouthpiece at that particular period.

There was a lack of trust, ongoing disciplinary problems and a reluctance to risk any further collateral damage by putting their biggest asset out front and centre.

It’s over two years since Morelos arrived in Glasgow and no doubt the language barrier has been a hurdle but El Bufalo (The Buffalo in English) has had plenty of time to become familiar with the lingo (slang for language).

Rangers already have the services of an on-site translator so let’s take the lack of English excuse right off the table.

Steven Gerrard insists he has no problems about getting Morelos up to the microphone to try and articulate his thoughts about a range of matters.

And to be fair, a media briefing under the watchful eye of club communication employees is a far cry from being plonked on a big black chair for an edition of Mastermind.

He even offered to go and get him a few months ago so the press could ask him ourselves whether he was happy to remain at the club. It proved to be an empty gesture as the silent one wasn’t forthcoming.

Morelos scored in each of the three league wins in September to take his tally to 14 in 19 appearances this season while Rangers led Celtic at the top of the table by two points until Saturday.

For his efforts he’s just been named as Ladbrokes Player of the Month and he was pictured with the sponsors trophy in most of the daily newspapers.

Hiding behind a lack of English or not, the man himself opted out of talking, doing a massive disservice to the sponsor and his fans who I’m sure would love to hear his views on his achievement and his thoughts about the club.

All good positive PR about how well it’s been going at Ibrox this term and his impressive start to the season. But nothing.

As a player, he has a responsibility to promote the club, whether it’s to sell tickets or highlight one cause or another. It’s an unspoken duty of the modern footballer
Morelos may have a behaviour record which a monk would be proud of in recent months but surely that doesn’t mean he needs to continue his vow of silence

They hate him dont they?
That is desperate stuff by parks,you can almost see him sitting in a wee dark room,sweat dripping off him thinking Rangers are top of the league,Morelos is banging in the goals his behaviour is excellent,what can I write about,got it I will make up some shite and have a go at him for not speaking to the press.

Anyone heard Edouard speaking? Me neither, yet it doesn’t seem to be a problem. Morelos is treated like a villain in this country and it’s actually becoming sinister. Thankfully we love him, as do his teammates and his bosses and that’s all that matters.

Is it a crime that a young player just wants to be a footballer these days instead of courting the limelight?? In an era where we now have footballers sauntering about like Global superstars thinking they can do what they want it should be applauded that this lad wants to live a quiet life away from the cameras.

We love you all the same Alfie !!

The folk that matter(Rangers fans) couldn’t give a monkey’s fornication that Alfie doesn’t give interviews, but the haters get all hot under the collar.

Here’s a wee hint for you Parks ya fucking tube. Alfie does interviews back home in Colombia.
Where, unlike in Scotland and with Scottish press, there’s no twisting information to paint him in a bad light.
Like in his appearance for Colombia last week.

So the jist of the article is that their crying because Alfie won't talk to them???

Utterly bizarre even for them

To any mhedia hacks looking in - you are bottom feeding scum, our players owe you absolutely nothing.

I couldn’t give a toss if Alfie never says a word in an interview or media piece outside of official club channels, he delivers on the pitch time after time and I couldn’t be happier with him.

Why on earth would he speak to them when they've spent the last two years telling him he's the worst kind of devious, cheating, violent Johnny Foreigner hothead to roll up on these shores. One journalist said he needed 'psychological help' last season. And he's meant to play nice with them ?

Also Gordon Parks seems to have a real problem with foreigners in our game. That's both Morelos and Alessio he's waged pathetic campaigns against this season. Who's next ?

Spot on. He's just penned that and in the same breath wonders why he doesn't talk to the media.

I love the fact he doesn't say a word to them. Treat them with the contempt they deserve Alfie.

i wouldn't talk to that shower of scum ether. In one instance they paint him as an animal, which has cost him harsh cards. Now they want to be friendly? p!ssoff.

I'm not one quick to use the racist card at all, a lot of people here jump to racism for IMO relatively small things that I wouldn't even cross my mind about..

However this is clear racism and xenophobia. What the %^*&! They're not even attempting to hide it any more. Why don't you learn spanish and speak to him you absolute bellend. Also with how the media has treated him even if he spoke perfect English I still wouldn't give you shower of shits the time of day.

Absolute pathetic, starting to think we should actually report this wank stain.

Looks like ipso is independent and you can complain to them about it. Strongly considering this.

%^*& it.. Who else wants to join me?

I know it’s been said a million times on here( literally) but winning 55 will be the end for some of these dobbers, I know it’s the scribbling of a shockingly poor journalist but for me it’s glorious to read, clearly we’re moving in the right direction

A smile from Alfredo is worth a thousand words.
A thousand words from Parks (Scottish slang for arsehole) is worth a big steaming turd.
By the way Mr Arsehole (English slang for Parks) he doesn't get your money - he gets mine (and thousands like me) and he is worth every penny.
I met Morelos and he is a fine person, a gentleman, not bad at a foreign language and great at his job - everything you are not, Mr Parks (slang for arsehole). Maybe that's the real reason for your spectacularly failed hatchet job.

Its to be expected from the daily rebel pal. Does it annoy me? Yes. Do i take their stories seriously? No
It’s not what you or I take seriously though.
It’s, for want of a better word, a neutral or a non football fan.
Such a person reading stuff like builds a picture of whatever is being read.
Remember too that most people still hold the press in high esteem and believe they wouldn’t be allowed to print untruths.

Wouldn’t put my worst enemy in a room with this pack of Hyenas never mind a young Rangers player not confident of a foreign language.
Could just imagine the questions these sad b’stards would fire at the poor lad.

Perhaps if these hacks actually watched the boy play, they'd see that he sells tickets by the barrow load without a single word needed.

Passion, goals, spirit - that's what sells tickets, not answering shite like 'do you think you'll do well?' 'I know you've signed for Rangers, but what's your thoughts on Celtic? Would you not rather have gone there? Neil's the bestest, isn't he?'

How dare he not speak English for the sole purpose of being able to help the media fill their back page with even more negative stories about him.

I couldn't give a %^*& if he never speaks a word of English the whole time he's here. He's the best player in the league and banging the goals in constantly, it clearly doesn't matter.
It reads as a letter from a jilted lover.

Parks can’t write anything other than negative articles about us.

Worth remembering though this was a man who before they dropped points against Hibs and Livingston wrote how no one in Scotland would get close to them this season. His rationale in part for this was because they hammered boots half of the Championship side Partick Thistle.

His own hatred makes him write any old shit!

I'm not one quick to use the racist card at all, a lot of people here jump to racism for IMO relatively small things that I wouldn't even cross my mind about..

However this is clear racism and xenophobia. What the %^*&! They're not even attempting to hide it any more. Why don't you learn spanish and speak to him you absolute bellend. Also with how the media has treated him even if he spoke perfect English I still wouldn't give you shower of shits the time of day.

Absolute pathetic, starting to think we should actually report this wank stain.

Looks like ipso is independent and you can complain to them about it. Strongly considering this.

%^*& it.. Who else wants to join me?

Would have had to breach this. Crass though it is , I don't think it does.

12. Discrimination
i) The press must avoid prejudicial or pejorative reference to an individual's, race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or to any physical or mental illness or disability.

ii) Details of an individual's race, colour, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental illness or disability must be avoided unless genuinely relevant to the story.

By the way, I have worked , in 4 different stints , in German speaking areas for a total of over 4 years and my German will be much worse than Alfredo's English.

Morelos is a young man who has come from poverty to become the best striker Scotland has seen in at least a decade. His hard work and talent would be admired and applauded in every country bar this rat infested hovel.

This article is truly reprehensible.

How dare that no mark have such an unsavoury attack on Alfie on what should be a weekend where he’s getting praised for his award.

A complaint will be forth coming to the IPSO for the racist undertones of that embarrassment of an article.

Would have had to breach this. Crass though it is , I don't think it does.

12. Discrimination
i) The press must avoid prejudicial or pejorative reference to an individual's, race, colour, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or to any physical or mental illness or disability.

ii) Details of an individual's race, colour, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental illness or disability must be avoided unless genuinely relevant to the story.

By the way, I have worked , in 4 different stints , in German speaking areas for a total of over 4 years and my German will be much worse than Alfredo's English.
I have done it anyways. Reported it under harrassment, discrimination and inaccuracy. I have mentioned xenophobia and racism in my reasoning aswell multiple times.

Although it's not listed in those examples I think continously writing articles about someones language barrier can be classed as discrimination as far as I'm concerned it's no different to mentioning someones race etc.

Can you imagine doing an interview with someone that can only speak spanish and the interviewer saying "sorry, i don't understand, can you say that in english?" repeatedly? His career would be over for being racist, I don't feel like this is much different here just because it's written in text.

Alfie really gets to them doesn’t he. He was supposed to collapse after the piggery red card and disappear into obscurity, but he didn’t read the script and instead he stuck around to become the best player in the league and fire us to the top of the league, and they hate that.

100%

He was supposed to be away for £8m or whatever figure the mhedia had for him (was it £6m) but now he is scoring more goals, and no "discipline" problems. This was not the way it was to be.

Just have to remember how they treated Pedro as 'funny foreigner' when his interpretation of the English language was something they looked to exploit, ridicule and mock at every opportunity.

Article by gordon parks

As a player, he has a responsibility to promote the club, whether it’s to sell tickets or highlight one cause or another. It’s an unspoken duty of the modern footballer.

They hate him dont they?

Their hate is driven by fear, he frightens them.

They are shitting themselves that we will end their free run of titles, it is their be all and end all 10 tainted titles.

So the paedophile cover up kings, have initiated their media branch to attempt to unsettle the team. Just after an International break and before an important match, that once we win will see us go above said experts in cover ups again.

Normal mentally challenged behaviour, repulsive.

Poor Alfie eh...left there at the club with nobody to talk to or help him day to day...

Nobody Except Mtatt Polster who is fluent in Spanish !!

I understood he may have had an in depth interview arranged with the Daily Record’s FootballScotland Website, but it was so crap it went bust when the Mirror Group, mired in debt and losses, pulled the pin on it.
That’s hardly Alfie’s fault, Mr Parks.
Well it might be true?

What a sad sad attempt of trying to attempt and unsettle a player. Can’t wait till may and it’s trophy day and wee Alfie finally says his first words in English “ GET IT RIGHT UP YEEEE’S”

Since when have they EVER cared about a disservice to Rangers fans?? What a load of sh*te.

Defoe said a few weeks ago his English was getting better and while he may not be confident with speaking it, he understands it well.

Just another chance to stick the boot in at a time when Alfredo and Rangers are doing well.

Also you see it time again - not every footballer feels comfortable in front of a camera at press conferences or even a post match interview, and English is their first language!

Alfie speaks English, about a year ago he was on Instagram live chatting to young fans, he’s simply not confident in using it in front of the media, nor would he want anything to do with them even if he was fluent. But the bottom line is his English isn’t great by any means, but he understands fine. I think even some of our own miss that and still believe he doesn’t speak the language.

As for the Celtic View masquerading as a red top, did they ever have a go at Nakamura? I certainly don’t remember them doing so, and in 4 years in Scotland he never bothered his arse to learn a word of English.

Ffs, their Cum God, Nakamura, never uttered a single word in English his whole time here, and not a word was said.

Twisted, bigoted, troublemaking bastards. Anybody would think we could go top of the league today...

Hiding behind a lack of English or not, the man himself opted out of talking, doing a massive disservice to the sponsor and his fans who I’m sure would love to hear his views on his achievement and his thoughts about the club

The fans are fine with what we get from Morelos. We would rather had didn't talk to the record/bbc pr just about any journalist who seems hell bent on demonising him and would twist anything he said to fit their agenda.

Hate journalists more as each day goes by

They just wish he was like Julie ann, come out and spout a couple a lines of pish so they can print a double page spread with the quote represented in three different ways

Essentially the thing they want to hear is him say he wants to play in England so they can write hundreds of articles about how he doesn't want to be there and refer to him as 'wantaway striker' Morelos in every article. Meanwhile Ntcham spreads his ass for every french suitor and you never see the word 'unsettled'.

Last edited:
Back